Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
TripAdvisor
US$105
US$93
SleepInn
All reviewsroad tripthe general managerhotel roomeasy accessclean roomsup to dateone night stayupon checkconvenient locationmontage mountaindowntown scrantoncassieupgradesrenovationrefrigerator
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stop there for a one-night stay. No fridge in our room, Staff was ok but no more, pool needs some improvement. Bed was hard on my back. Bathroom and room was really small. Internet was slow. Was expecting a little better for a Sheraton to be honest.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jason D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to post your review.
Please feel free to contact me direct at any time.

Jason D'Agostino- General Manager

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This property was previously a Clarion, it is now a Sheraton. The only thing left from the old Clarion that I could tell were the outstanding staff members. When I arrived, I had a special request which was greeted with a "no problem". As I was leaving, I had another special request which the manager Jason said "no problem". I had a wonderful relaxing 3 day stay. The pool was extremely warm which was a delight and very surprising and the hot tub was even warmer. The jets on the hot tub do not work (unfortunately) but the water was very relaxing. The cleaning staff was excellent and very cordial. I had another special request (a pattern developing possibly) which was greeted with a "not a problem". I actually recognized the cleaning lady from another property that I recently stayed at and she said that many of the staff members moved over to the Sheraton from the other property. For me, it was like old home week. Anyway, more about the hotel: It was clean, quiet, excellent parking lot and just a very nice experience. The changes from the old Clarion were remarkable! The hotel is right off the Interstate and they having dining (which I did not partake in) but there are plenty of reasonably priced restaurants around. I did miss the complimentary breakfast that the Clarion offered but you cant have it all. I felt it necessary to share my wonderful experience at this hotel and was so grateful to see the improvements. Unfortunately, I will probably not get a room again but I felt I had to share this very positive experience. Good work Sheraton staff and thank you for a very relaxing stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 1snappleltommy
Jason D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your candid responses. Feel free to contact me anytime for future reservations.

Jason D’Agostino- General Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Dining room closed until 9pm due to a wedding, bed was so-so, and ice machines on floors 4 & 5 did not work. Housekeeping sent us to floor 2 and we did get ice there. Everyone was very nice. Breakfast was OK.

Pool looked Ok, we did not swim.

Very noisy with kids running around. OK if you had to stay in Scranton.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Pat W
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Checked in at 11 pm for a 1 night stay,1st room the toilet was broken,I called the front desk and they sent someone up with a key to a new room,but had to check the toilet first to see if it could be fixed.Second room had not been made up....at 11:30 at night. The third room was ok,but the toilet seat in this room was about to break off,and the only way to control the AC was to unplug it.
To top it all off,when I checked out the woman at the front desk didn't even bother to ask me how my stay was. I've never had that happen even if you could tell they didn't mean it.
DO NOT STAY HERE

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kurt N
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Kurt N,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced regarding your guestroom bathroom and air conditioning. We understand how frustrating it is to change rooms, especially after a late arrival, and we apologize we failed to provide you with a better experience. Rest assured, your comments have been addressed and properly handled to ensure these areas are improved. Thank you again for your review. Take care.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!! Horrible service, dirty dishes, crappy or non existent room service, noisy hallways, broken elevator. I'll break it down:

Day 1 - Elevator stuck in basement... had to take stairs.
Day 2 - Came back in after long day of hiking... no room service. Everything just as we left it. Has to use plastic bags to place our garbage because bins were full.
Day 3 - Bed made with same old sheets from nights before and still wrinkled. No new towels, dirty wash cloth still on sink obviously used to wipe up, coffee/tea/cups not replaced, no water (as promised).

Hallways are noisy, you hear everything including running and yelling children, slamming doors, elevator ping, etc. Glasses at the restaurant downstairs were filthy (streaks and residue) very apparent. Waiters inattentive and food undercooked, greasy and horrible (had eggs, home fries and toast).

I would not recommend this place to anyone and would never go back! Just sad!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Triniteeze

Dear Trinlteeze,
Thank you for your honest review. We are very sorry you were disappointed by our services and restaurant, and we apologize for the noise disturbance while visiting with us. Our Make a Green Choice program rewards guests who choose to forgo housekeeping services during their stay to conserve water and energy. It sounds like this may not have been fully communicated with you or perhaps you were mistakenly opted into this which would result in the lack of housekeeping during your stay. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced as a result, and we will work with our team to better communicate this service in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share with us. All the best.