“Four Points...not quite 4 stars.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Scranton

Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Ohio
“Four Points...not quite 4 stars.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Four Points is a nice place... but fell short of the 4 star rating, in our opinion. The check in was smooth and the employees were friendly. We got to our room, #329, which is at the end of the hall. It was a small room with a postage stamp bathroom! But, we figured we would not be in the room too much, so we would be fine. Our friend, who traveled with us, had a much bigger room, #320, for the same price! When we asked at the desk, we were told that both rooms were the same. We explained that our room was much smaller and was the same price, we were told that both rooms were king rooms; and the same. We were not offered a chance to move to another room, but then, I believe they were at full capacity. (We both paid approx. $165 per night for the rooms).
Now, the good part of the trip was the bed! It was great. Great pillows and a great bed... no complaints at all about that. The wi-fi was free and easy to log on... loved that!!
We had breakfast at the lobby restaurant and we all had the Four Points breakfast. It was really good and only $8 per person.
There was peeling paint in the bathroom ceiling, over the shower. I believe this hotel was an older that was renovated, so most of it was nice.
We would stay here again, but not in a room at the end of the hall... they are NOT the same as regular rooms!!

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room at the end of the hallway (they call it a corner room, but it is not)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Tom43302
Amy S, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We are thrilled that you had a great experience in our restaurant. Your comments are a very valuable way for us to improve and provide excellent customer service to our future guests.

Amy Skiba- Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family for one night. The hotel is in a good location. The rooms are spacious. I had asked for two queen beds. This was provided and was enough space for my family. The service however is not upto the Sheraton standard. The laundry did not work. You go to a four point Sheraton because they provide a self operated laundry. But this was down. The towels provided in the room was dirty. I had asked for a change of towel. No one came with the spare towels till I had called 3 times.
The indoor swimming pool is nice. However there were no towels. I has to complain before we got the towels in the swimming pool.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank cgraj
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear cgraj,
Thank you for your review. Providing prompt service to our guests is very important to us, and we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with laundry and housekeeping. Rest assured, we have addressed your comments with our team and properly handled to ensure this is improved in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us, and we hope you will consider staying with us again. Take care.

Travellers are raving about these Scranton hotels

Middleburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

was here on jul 4th this year, hotel was clean and comfortable. the only problem was the bathroom was incredibly small door did not open all the way it hit the tub. did not try the restaurant. I had an occasion to go down to the lobby about 10pm and standing next to the check in desk was a huge security guard, they have a bar so maybe they have had some trouble in the past. so i guess the guard is a good thing for guests. overall the one night stay was good.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank barr3305
Jason D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share your feedback with fellow travelers.

Portersville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Let's start by saying I would have thought that being it had Sheraton's name on it that the stay would have been at least to Sheraton's minimal expectations. That was far from the case. Let us start with the check in process. I called 4 hours before we arrived and when I got there I was told I would have to wait until my room was inspected. Witch you would think was good right? Well upon waiting it was understood the hotel was overbooked. So not sure if we had rooms the other couple we were with finally got theirs. When they entered the room there was already another couple in that room getting dressed "very embarrassing situation". So waiting for them to check in our room was ready. Thats when I got the call that their room was occupied. They got another room with out people in it this time. Finally my room was ready, after my wife was done cleaning the bathroom with Clorox wipes it was dicovered that the half used bar of soap in the shower. Remember when I said it had to be inspected? So then the front desk called the other couple and made a very rude comment trying to find my name and what room they had just put us in moments before. What a disaster! So hoping things were going to get better we went the bar for a refreshment. Myself and wife ordered from the menu our friends were so fed up at this point they ordered pizza. We ordered the special the pizza was there and gone before we got our order. Another disaster. Would I recommend this hotel? NOT TO ANYONE EVER! Is that clear enough. And I will be contacting Sheraton's main office with my complaints.

Room Tip: Go some place else
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Aaron R
Jason D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

First please allow me to express my deepest apologies.
Our hotel is not in the business of overbooking, we want to ensure that any reservation that is made can be accommodated by the property.
As part of our accommodations, we offer all that make this newly converted property exceed the Starwood Standards.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Jason D’Agostino
Stanley, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I really wanted to give them high marks, but there were several problems. First when we checked in after 4pm we were given a room that wasn't clean. The room we ended up in had peeling paint on the bathroom ceiling due to lack of a vent fan. The bathroom door wouldn't close completely. When we tried to call the desk about both problems, no one answered and we had to go down. Later that night we wanted some ice. We had to go to 3 different floors before we found a working ice machine.

On the plus side, the bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, and clean, and the tv and internet worked fine. The location was also good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share your feedback.

New Smyrna Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This property has recently been purchased and totally renovated as a Four Points by Sheraton hotel and what a positive surprise for me and my family when we stayed here for a week recently. The hotel has been totally renewed and remodeled. It is clean, up to date and the location was very convenient for our needs. The staff was friendly and attentive. In fact the manager actually took the time to introduce himself to me and offer his personal services for any needs that might arise for me and my family during our one week stay. I have no reservations about recommending this property and will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Scranton.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Charles M
Dear valued guest,

It was a pleasure meeting you also during your recent visit.

We truly appreciate you sharing your experiences with fellow travelers.

Charlotte
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This Four Points was in the process of changing over from another hotel chain. Little things need to be improved such as house keeping needs some training as to set up a room. The room was comfortable but little things did not work. First room assigned had no TV. Second room had a sink that would not drain, Then when when we went for ice there was still water in the bottom of the ice bucket. House keeping only had one plastic glass for two people to use. The beds were comfortable and the other things were ok. However, the restaurant was out of this world and the cook is fantastic. He even came out to see how we liked the food and the sauces he prepared for the meal from scratch. The front Desk was so helpful in all our little problems but we did tell them that house keeping needs some improvement.

Room Tip: Its really a good stopping off point if you are going to New England . From Western PA to Scranton...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family