“Mid-way stop over”

Four Points by Sheraton Scranton
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Scranton
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is a newly renovated hotel, and everything about it was great! Easy on and off the highway, good parking lot, pleasant employees, great food, nice clean new accomodations, quiet room, big HD TV, free Wi-Fi, etc.
We were pleasantly welcome, and even though it was a little after normal dinner time, we were told the cook would be happy to make anything we would like, he did and it was delicious. The same goes for breakfast, we ordered off the menu, which had a lot of choices, and again it was delicious. All the staff was very hospitable, and when we left they seemed to genuinely care that we had a positive experience.

2  Thank Vacationer0807

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here one night on our way to Ohio, it was a good value using SPG points. The staff was friendly and the property looked nice and fresh. Comfy bed, modern room and free internet was great. The room was small however, especially for a suburban-type property and the bathroom was tiny, I had larger bathrooms in Manhattan. As a SPG Gold I was upgraded to nothing and according to the floor plan on my guestroom door, I had the smallest room on my floor. When we got to our room, one bath towel was folded wet and the other one was dirty with stains on it, I called downstairs for 2 clean sets, I was given 2 new towels that also looked dirty. I mean, how hard is it to get clean towels. I might stay here again in the future if we are in the area, but I hope to get clean towels and a larger room this time. I think this property is a hit or a miss.

Room Tip: Check your towels!
1  Thank Bose2
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed here with my son for a visit to Scranton College and meeting with soccer coach. Hotel has been redone but has many maintenance issues. Room keys did not work for our room upon check in 3 times. After getting new room as I stated updated but weird combination of old and new. Bath room super small. No shampoo and soap except for dispensers. Ice maker on our floor not working. Staff said go use other on another floor. Beds are good and gym modern with good equipment but small.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Robert C
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Robert C,
We are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel in regard to your room key, guest bathroom, and ice machines. We have addressed your feedback with our team and properly handled to so that we may improve our service for other guests. We hope you will give us another chance to make this up to you should you travel through Scranton again. All the best.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Staying at this property was one of my best hotel stays! Before I even arrived the Front Desk Supervisor was actively working on my reservation since I was using my SPG points. Upon arrival, I was greeted by friendly staff. My room was clean and quiet. I had several interactions with the maintenance staff while in the elevator, and they were friendly as well. This was all around one of the best stays I can remember and I would gladly stay here again, and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DanielSDC
Amy S, Director of Sales at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future!

Amy Skiba- Director of Sales

Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I figured I can't go wrong booking an award night from starwoods at the Four Points. Arrived after 12 am. First room's carpet was drenched from the leaking a/c. Next room seemed fine but after trying to fall asleep I realized the a/c wasn't working, just the fan. I was already in bed and figured I'll rough it through the night. In the morning I saw a bag of laundry that was left from a previous guest and was about to take a drink from the complimentary water when I noticed the bottle was open and used. I only hope the linen was clean. When I complained at check out I didn't get much of a response. Next time I'll be paying for a night elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank JoShGr
Megan L, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Scranton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear JoShGr,
We are very sorry for your dissatisfying experience at our hotel as what you mentioned is unacceptable. Rest assured, we have addressed your comments with our team and properly handled to ensure this does not happen again. Again, we are very sorry and hope we will have another chance to make this experience up to you. Take care.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Nothing really good I've been to Four points hotel's & this is the worst one by far Nothing good or great about this hotel I wish I stood at the Hilton much better and I do not recommend This hotel to anyone Please Do not come here. it could have been way much better but it's not

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked this room last minute for one night's stay after a concert at Montage Mountain. The hotel was very convenient to the concert venue as it is only like 2-3 miles from Montage. Located in a quiet residential area just off 81. Not really convenient to many restaurants. The hotel service was fine, but not super friendly. The hotel itself was again just fine. The room itself was ok but pretty small overall. Bathroom was tiny and the layout was funny. Door opened right to the tub and you had to move out of the way just to shut the door. Definitely not enough room for two to get ready at the same time. Not a lot of space to move around where the beds and desk/drawer combo was either. (but an odd amount of wasted space as soon as you walk in the room) The hotel could use some attention in the area of cleanliness too. Nothing really gross that would make me turn and run in the opposite direction, but it could be better. Hallways were also very dark and smelled a little funky. Also, the climate system seemed to have problems keeping a constant temperature so I woke up several times during the night to cover or uncover...going from hot to freezing. We didn't use the pool or restaurant so we can't speak to the quality of either. Got a great deal on hotwire.com on the room otherwise I may have been a little disappointed.

1  Thank Leslie L

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and have addressed your comments with our team so we can improve in the future. Thanks again for taking the time to share with us, and we hope you will consider staying with us again. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Amy Skiba- Director of Sales