“My go to hotel in this area....”

Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have stayed here several times in the last year for work. I will choose this hotel every time over others in the Nashville areas. I stayed in room 129 this time, and a consistently great stay. Incredibly comfortable bed, great water pressure in the shower (aren't those the two things that really matter the most?). A large parking area for us truckers, and a very reasonable rate. They have a great breakfast compared to other Choice properties I've stayed at. The staff is very helpful and seem to care about guests. Kudos to management, you guys do a great job.

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room yet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank cah3295
ClarionTN484, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Clarion – Murfreesboro, and thank you for your kind impressions, and patronage in 2011. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our Team.

We hope to see you back at the Clarion soon. Another hot, "great," Breakfast is waiting for you.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro

Reviewed 18 December 2011

I have to give compliments to the staff and the Mananger of the Hotel for my stay there last week was a great experience. They were kind and pleasent to me, they offered suggestions, if I could not find the right words to describe it. The breakfest offered excellant selections of foods to choose from and the staff was very nice and polite to me. I would recomend any one travelling to that area to stop by and be paampered by the staff and management there

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Christopher B

Thank you for staying with us at the Clarion – Murfreesboro.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our Management and Service Teams. We pride ourselves on providing comfortable accommodations along-side superior service.

We hope to see you back in Murfreesboro again soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

I can't believe the rating that this hotel has on Trip Advisor--it does not deserve it. The building is very run down, and the hotel does not seem safe. When we arrived to check in at 7 pm, there were only about 7 cars in the whole hotel parking lot--it looked deserted. The safety entry doors did not lock. The fire doors did not shut behind us when we took the stairs to our floor. The carpet in the room was very dirty, and the rest of the room was very old and worn--except for the bed which looked comfortable. The hotel is located right next to the interstate highway, so there is concern about noise. We did not stay. The girl at the desk was very nice and allowed us to cancel our reservation. The other hotels on this same street look much, much nicer. We were able to get a nicer room at a different hotel and it was even a few dollars cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank familytime000
ClarionTN484, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

December 2, 2011

Thank you for making reservations at the Clarion Murfreesboro. I am very sorry to hear your attempted stay with us did not satisfy. The safety of our guests and cleanliness of our facility remain the highest of our priorities. Your frank comments will be used to improve our hotel.

We are proud of many of the reviews given to us through Trip Advisor. Our beds “are” very comfortable. Our guest service scores continue to climb. Our hotel and room amenities provided, alongside our fantastic complimentary offerings and convenient location, represent just a few of the attributes fellow Trip Advisor Members like you feel about us...

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday most of our guests were late arrivals on their way to family and friends. We were not deserted, but with parking available for over 350 vehicles, it could look that way before our guests pull in for the night.

If you find your way through Murfreesboro again, please give us the opportunity to show you how your remarks have helped us improve our product. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

Surprised at this one. A diamond in the rough. The building is showing it's age and certainly needs a renovation but the room was large and clean. My room was on the freeway side but noise was negligible. Breakfast in the morning was in the atrium and was basic eggs, sausage, hash browns, etc - but was hot. The shower was weak. I do not understand why hotels neglect this but many do. Again, as with others, they leave the outside doors unlocked - they have the swipe thing for your room key but the door is not locked. Hey, you guys live here all the time - we travelers do not - this is our home away from home and prefer to have security. But location seemed OK and mall is nearby with plenty of fast food and sit down places to choose from nearby. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank raycatch9
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Do not be deterred by the appearance of this property. The exterior is well worn and the balconies slope sideways. Nevertheless, the rooms are very comfortable, well appointed and clean. Breakfast is ample with the staff keeping everything stocked. The front desk politely worked with me to get the rate we were supposed to get. Convenient to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank joegibbon
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days 10/25-10/27/2011. I was in a ground level exterior room facing a major intersection and it was, in fact, noisy. The noise came through the exterior walls not from adjoining rooms. I found I was able to tolerate the noise and didn't complain. If the noise bothers you, try turning on the A/C fan...the drone of the fan will cover most of the exterior noises. Other than that, the room was clean and comfortable. I did notice that there was only one chair in the room (as a desk). A round table in the room had no chairs. The room was small and the king size bed filled the room. But I was there alone and didn't need extra space. The free breakfast was average but very convenient. I found the front desk staff very friendly. I had an interaction with a housekeeper who also was a server at the breakfast and she was very friendly and helpful. I was a bit skeptical of the closed door bar with a couple of bouncers sharing the entry way to the lobby. I usually step into the bar of a hotel to check it out, but the bouncers were definitely a turn off. I used the computers in the business center one of which was hooked to a printer which made it possible for me to print my airline boarding pass for 10/28/2011. I was not being a tourist for this trip (was there for a funeral of a relative), but the hotel was convenient to local attractions and a endless variety of stores and restaurants. Oh... I locked myself out of my room (left my wallet, containing the key, in the room) and the front desk people made sure I identified myself prior to providing another key. My last name is difficult to spell and when I spelled it correctly they issued the key.

Room Tip: Try to get an interior room or one not facing the intersection.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank c2h5oh_1
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Rooms are cramped, could be cleaner, hvac is loud . Leaks in hallway, collection bucket of water full but not emptied. Looks like no $$ being invested in hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011