Situated close to shopping, dining and Civil War Battlefied Stone's River, this location seemed ideal. I was traveling with my wife, brother and his wife and our mother. We had three rooms and two of us had issues from the start.
The lobby was nicely appointed and welcoming. There was a guest speaking with the front desk about their room key. Apparently there was a previous issue and now they were completely unable to enter the room. I'm thinking "isolated incident". We checked in with a desk clerk who was very pleasant and polite. Arriving at our room, the door was ajar, all the room lights were on as well as the TV. At first I thought I was at the wrong room. I double checked the number and poked my head in the door. No one was in there and there was no luggage or sign or it being occupied. Glancing around the room there was still food and trash on the floor and no garbage can liners. The shower curtain was missing and some of the toiletries were not there. It appeared I was there in "mid-clean". I called the front desk and they said someone would be there right away to finish the task. Within ten minutes they arrived but it was a bit awkward standing there while they cleaned around us. We didn't want to spend too much time outside on the balcony since it was 100 degrees out.
We were out of tissues in about 20 minutes. I believe one of the boxes had two left, the other had three. Leaving the room I noticed the weather stripping on the door dragged the carpet and made the door impossible to open completely. Not a make or break item but annoying none-the-less.
My mother's room had a huge gap under the door allowing the 100 degree heat to rush in. I also had to fiddle with the room card key to get it to unlock. When I finally got that to work I had to put my shoulder into the door to open it. I was concerned that my 78 year old mother couldn't get out of the room if she needed to because she wouldn't have the strength to open the door so she gave me her second room key if I needed to extricate her.There was no TV remote in her TV cabinet or bath towels in her bathroom.
Overall a rather disappointing experience. Generally we have had good experiences with Clarion Hotels. This one needs quite a bit of instruction in the way of attention to detail. I was hesitant to rate as poor but the number of items involved with a complaint was too many for me to give a higher rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated during Summer of 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro Hotel Murfreesboro
- Clarion Inn And Suites Murfreesboro
- Clarion Hotel Murfreesboro
- Holiday Inn Murfreesboro
- Murfreesboro Holiday Inn