“Thank -You For Everything”

Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Monroe, Michigan
“Thank -You For Everything”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

In the midst of a family tragedy, the hotel manager did everything possible to make our stay wonderful. We had nine rooms for 3 days and the staff did all that they could to accommodate us. The facility fit our needs perfectly. Very comfortable beds, polite staff, clean rooms. Very nice indoor pool area. Close to restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give your views of your stay with us. We try, as a staff, to always treat our guests as if they were our family, and in this case, with this very large family here to care for a loved ones family, they were treated as "our family". They let us know their circumstances, and we opened up our atrium for them to gather in, to laugh and to cry and to love while staying in a foreign "home". We would not have it any other way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I don't know what this hotel can do about the noise, but it was the worst night. My husband and I eventually got up at 3:45 and left about 4:30 A.M. because the noise was so bad. The traffic outside, the other guests, you name it, you hear it. Plus then when I went to take my shower I waited forever to get some hot water, and finally figured I would never get any. I took a luke-warm shower. My husband's shower was much better. So, when you want to take a shower, turn on the water way in advance.

Room Tip: We had an outside room, and it was extremely loud. Room 101.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I apologize for the noise issue. Not sure if your room was an "outside entrance" or a highway entrance, which does tend to get a little noisy. If it was then we always move our guests upon request. We have many guests who prefer outside entrance rooms, and we always take care of preference. If the noise was in the atrium, especially that late then that is a hotel problem that we very rarely if ever have. We shut down the pool and atrium lights at 10:30 PM nightly and are very aware of the guests who's rooms are around that area. If the noise was an issue we encourage a call to our front desk and they will take care of the situation immediately. Guests stop at hotels to get sleep, and a strange bed and strange place is hard enough to rest, without noise.
Regarding the hot water, with this information a plumber has been notified and will be to our facility later today. So thank you for pointing this out to us so we can fix it. If we don't know there is a problem we can't fix it.
Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay went.
Nashville
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hotel was clean. Staff seemed nice. I would absolutely recommend this hotel if you are an irresponsible parent who allows your child(ren) to roam the halls unsupervised running and screaming well into the wee hours of the morning OR if you and your friends plan to stay up all night in the common area loudly laughing and discussing your life's dramas and traumas. This is definitely the place for you! However, if you plan to sleep, even for a couple of hours, I would consider staying somewhere where sleep is in the hotel's mission statement. Not here. The hotel is not designed in a way that you can avoid the noise that is generated by inconsiderate hotel guests.

• Stayed April 2014
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I apologize for the problem of not getting any rest while staying at our hotel. That is very unfortunate, as the guest is usually stopping to stay the night, passing through to get some rest. This kind of complaint, concern have been very minimal, as we are very cognizant that all guests are here for different reasons, and all guests needs are very important. The noise in the atrium during this particular stay was from a very large family that had all met here and stayed here to attend a family funeral. I gave them permission to "congregate" in the atrium area to visit and laugh and cry and be with family, which is one of the pluses of our hotel. I did not leave the hotel until midnight both nights of the weekend and their noise level seemed to be acceptable.
Regarding the "kids" running up and down the hall. We are a kid friendly hotel, but running up and down the hall is a definate "no-no". We try to monitor all activity via our cameras/monitors and control all activity and noise to be respectful of all guests. Sometimes we do not catch all of the activity, and I agree that not getting rest is very upsetting.
Again, please accept our apology.
Elizabethton, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Always love to stay at this hotel! Ms. Stephanie Norris repeatedly goes above and beyond to make your visit comfortable. The ladies working the breakfast buffet were so kind and always tried to be sure all the selections were plentiful. The large commons area is perfect for visiting with extended family and friends. Thanks Clarion Inn and Suites and STEPH for making our stay so great!!! Richard and Carol Ann Hyder

Elizabethton, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had a great experience while staying at Clarion Inn & Suites during the girl's state basketball tournament this year. Each year that we have been blessed to participate in the tournament in the past we have been sure to stay with Steph Norris - she is the best! The atmosphere at the Clarion Inn is perfect for large groups and we enjoyed being able to socialize during our free time in the pool/eating area. Steph and her staff always take great care in making sure we have everything we need! We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. The LeVeau's

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have to admit getting to go to the girl's basketball state tournament doesn't happen every year but the memories last a life time. We will never forget how pleasant and remarkable our stay was at the Clarion Inn & Suite in Murfreesboro. Steph Norris and her staff made us feel like family and the service was unbelievable. The whole experience was first class and I would recommend this hotel 100%. There's no where else we will stay when we're in Murfreesboro. We won the girl's AA state championships and they posted it on their big bill board out front for everyone to see.
From EHS coaching staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Arrived at the Clarion, checked in, and it took us a good 20 minutes for us to find our room. We asked 2 different staff members, and they told us the wrong way. Finally found our room, and it wasn't the cleanest that I've seen. Hair still in the bathroom, etc. Beds weren't very comfortable either. There was a huge fight between many african american males, (cussing, hitting, etc) late at night. Staff didn't do anything about other loud guests. Went outside to the car at night to grab my charger, and immediately smelled marijuana (our room was outside around the back). When we would come into the pool area from around the back, many staff members would be hanging out around laundry area smoking cigarettes and we would have to walk through their smoke. Everything else was alright, but the next time I am in Murfreesboro I will probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
clarion2227, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites Murfreesboro, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
First and foremost I want to apologize profusely for the behavior of some of our guests. There was a wedding reception held in our ballroom, and some of those guests had sleeping rooms, and unfortunately for our sold out hotel these few guests acted irresponsibly. This is not the norm for our ballroom events, if it was I would not book events. But that behavior is not indicative of how we run our hotel. That being said, the staff should have been more patient with you in helping you locate your room. That can be very frustrating to a guest if they have been traveling all day and want to just get to their room-a clean room-and not play "hide and go seek" to find it. Re: the staff members "hanging out and smoking", that has now been addressed. I am not a smoker, and I detest that I would have to walk through a maze/haze of smoke to get to the swimming pool. I wish you would reconsider giving us another opportunity, as I just believe that this is not the norm. But I do certainly appreciate you letting me know so I can take care of these issues, as every guest is important.