“Select Inn”

Select Inn Murfreesboro
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 17 August 2013

After our house burnt to the ground in a freak accident, our family was without a home. We didn't have much money so we looked for a low rate for a week or so, until our insurance money came in. We select , and I must admit, reading all the comments below made us skeptical.Due to some processing hang ups e ended up staying two weeks. Our stay was very enjoyable, or room was newly renovated with a flat screen TV, the staff were very welcoming, frormdly, kind accommodating, and helpful. Anything we needed, they helped us. The pool was clean and the attached restaurant made it easy to have a good meal. PK, the manager was wonderful and great with our kids, he always asked how they were fairing and made us feel at home when our home was ripped out from under us. You can't find a better deal or service for the price! excellent people and place!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for your comments. We always try to do our best. I am glad we did just that during your stay. If you should need lodging in the future we look forward to serving you.

PK

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Our stay was a nightmare!!! The room stunk, the carpet was moldy, the bathroom had black mold around the tub, there was a fight between a "couple" that required police involvement. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Augie G
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The stay has been absolutely terrible. The manager of this hotel is just down right rude. After kindly asking the manager not to knock on the door (I had a do not disturb sign on the door) he and his the staff here knocked on my door constantly. The rooms are just nasty. The bathroom smelled so bad. They obviously have a sewer problem here that needs to be addressed. I personally feel someone went through my room while I was away. They reprogrammed my key several times. I would not waste my time here. You're better off sleeping in your car. The staff here is beyond unprofessional! You have lost my business!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank TravelingAroundTN
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. All our comments are taken very seriously and we do strive to give the very best customer service that is possible. I apologize for the absolute horrible service you received at my property. This kind of services absolutely unacceptable and cannot be tolerated the individual that was representing himself as the owner will now undergo complete retraining. My hotel has a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. I only wished that I had the opportunity to correct it before you left. Please think about giving us another opportunity. I am sure that your stay will be very comfortable and enjoyable. Again I apologize. Thank you. PK

Reviewed 21 May 2013

This hotel is disgusting. The smell of mildew and mold overwhelms you as soon as you walk into the hallway. Very seedy groups of people staying here. We do not feel safe at all. Will not leave anything in the room when we leave.
Bed is full of black hair upon arrival. Already have a headache after 30 minutes in the room.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank UTVolTraveler

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. All our comments are taken very seriously and we do strive to give the very best customer service that is possible. I apologize for some of the things that you encountered here at the property. We are in the process of going through a renovation and sometimes there is some confusion in things left undone. Please forgive this oversight. I WISHED THAT YOU HAD LET US KNOW ABOUT YOUR UNSATISFACTORY STAY PRIOR TO YOU LEAVING. I AM POSITIVE THAT WE COULD OF MADE YOUR STAY PERFECT. WE DO HAVE 100% GUARANTEE ON YOUR STAY. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations at our property. Thank you. PK

Reviewed 23 January 2013

For my money this stay was at a little older but clean'' hotel, this room had plenty of room and a big step up from Knights Inn. I got plenty of rest as it was quiet here'' and loved the Mexican Restaurant that is attached to the building.

Room Tip: bottom floor has sliding door , step out and there is your car''
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Thank you for your response from your stay on January 23, 2013. Your input is very valuable to us to help us improve our property and to give outstanding service. I'm glad you felt that you received your money's worth. We would look forward to seeing you in the future. Again, thank you

Reviewed 31 December 2012

The first thing I noticed was that the hallway smelled funny. Not in the room, though. The A/C - heating in the room would not cooperate. It was either too hot or too cold. Couldn't get it anywhere between. The hot water in the shower was only lukewarm. The hair dryer also didn't work.
Oh and MY CAR WINDOW was broken into and things stolen from me while in the parking lot, right near the front desk! I realize this is not necessarily the hotels fault, but even if other things had been perfect, I would not feel safe there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
OSD, Owner at Select Inn Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. All our comments are taken very seriously and we do strive to give the very best customer service that is possible. I apologize for some of the things that you encountered here at the property. We are in the process of going through a renovation and sometimes there is some confusion in things left undone. Please forgive this oversight. I am very surprised about the incident in the parking lot. Since this is the first incident that ever has been reported to us. One of our number one priorities is customer security and safety. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations at our property. Thank you. PK

Reviewed 23 December 2012

We just needed a cheap place that allows pets to stop for the night while on the road. This place was great! Only $50 for a huge room. You can tell the building is old but it was clean. The pillows were lumpy but other than that it was a good, clean, cheap place to stay right off the highway.

• Stayed: December 2012