“The beds were new and comfy which was a good thing because, other than the staff they were the only redeeming quality.”
Review of Econo Lodge

-carpet was really dirty
-walls were filthy
- parking lot was small

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We checked in late around midnite, took 20 minutes...room wasn't the greatest, when we checked out next day, they did not use our Choice Hotel # so we could earn points. The front desk clerk was on a personal call and at no time did she even speak directly to us.

Upon leaving I called Choice Hotels and made complaint, I then checked after a few days and called to make sure my points were posted and they said we would be receiving a letter from the manager....3 weeks later no letter yet.

There are numerous hotels within walking distance of this hotel don't waste your time and money on this lack of customer service hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kcbobalou

Travellers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

Amherst, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I found this hotel to be just what I needed. The reception staff was very helpful, the room was clean, it was quiet and I was sorry that I did not not have time for a quick swim in the clean, refreshing looking pool. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nyjen3
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Spent one night here on Feb 1. Location off highway convenient.

Staff friendly at Chekhov-in. Reserved King n/s room. Room was a little small but had fridge and microwave, table and two chairs.

Bed was comfy. Needs a little cleaning, but otherwise ok. If you need an affordable comfy bed for a night, this will work fine.

Breakfast was cold cereal, bagels, toast, coffee and juice.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank dangrad
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I beg to differ with the other reviews posted. Before actually arriving at this hotel, I read the reviews and made a reservation based on those reviews; however, aafter I "actually" checked it, my experience was HORRIBLE and unlike all the "good" comments. My daughter and I checked into this motel we we were in the city for Freshman Orientation at Middle Tennessee State University. When we opened the doors to our room, there was a strong scent of mold/mildew and the lamp fixture did not work...but we were tired from driving and still willing to keep it since it would just be for the night. When we rolled back the comforter to one of the beds, there was a big, brown spider crawling on one of the pillows. I killed it then took it to the desk clerk. We complained and were reassigned another room on the second floor. That room had the same smell but it also smelled a little "smoky", perhaps from cigarettes. The bathroom to this room was absolutely FILTHY!!!! There was mold/mildew visably around the caulking in the shower. There was tile missing from the wall; dried urine stains on the floor near the toilet; something that looked to be dried boogers on the front of the shower curtain (sorry for being so graphic); two dirty, stained towels folded among two clean ones and there was a live roach (or bug of some sort) encircling the light fixture in the bathroom's ceiling. Needless to say, we complained again and the desk clerk offored us yet another room but we declined it and opted for a refund. With each complaint, the staff was very apologetic but that did not suffice to stay in filth!

My daughter and I ended up staying at a Holiday Inn Express right up the street. It was soooo much better and only a few dollars more but it was well worth itt. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Pace, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I was very happy with this hotel. Haven't had the best luck with Econolodges in the past but I am glad I gave this one a try. Nice breakfast & computer in the lobby, clean comfortable room. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank kosborne32571
LaGrange, IL
Reviewed 28 April 2009

Needed a place to sleep since we were driving from FL to Chicago. This was our 1/2 way point. Saw reviews on this site, not sure what these folks saw...but ICK...is all I have to say! Checked in, walked past pool (drained with sludge water in bottom 2 feet) and headed straight for room since we had just driven 13 hrs. Got up to room and it had a stale smell to it...room looked beaten up but my husband and I were tired. I went into the bathroom and came right back out. The tub had caulk and grout missing. There were stains dripping down the walls in the bathroom. I immediately came out, showed my husband and we still said, whatever, it's just one night. Before we left the room to go to dinner I decided to pull down the covers to check the bed. There were mildew stains on the sheets. That was it for me....the last draw. The room was $51.00 a night. I went up front, got a refund (which was put back on my Credit card) and went next door to the Comfort Suites. We paid $71.00 with the coupon in the TN visitors hotel guide that we got at the rest stop while driving into TN. It was SO MUCH nicer, well worth the $20 bucks!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple