“Good value, clean, flat screen, good channel line up.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
“Good value, clean, flat screen, good channel line up.”
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Hotel
Is kept up to date. Easy access and near good restaurants. Don't pay a hundred. A night when you can stay here. Front desk is helpful and courteous.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

I would say "You get what you pay for", but unfortunately we didn't. Not for $80! We traveled from Seattle to Atlanta and this by far was the most disappointing hotel.

The tv was old and blurry, the curtains didn't even close all the way so my husband and I had to get dressed in the CRAMPED bathroom. Speaking of, the shower had hair in it and moldy spots on the side of the tub. And the pillows were flat as ever. Definitely not worth $80 for the six hours we stayed just to sleep and shower. We only stayed because it was one of the few hotels in the area that would fit our car and trailer in the parking lot.

• Stayed May 2012

-walls were filthy
- parking lot was small

• Stayed April 2012
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We checked in late around midnite, took 20 minutes...room wasn't the greatest, when we checked out next day, they did not use our Choice Hotel # so we could earn points. The front desk clerk was on a personal call and at no time did she even speak directly to us.

Upon leaving I called Choice Hotels and made complaint, I then checked after a few days and called to make sure my points were posted and they said we would be receiving a letter from the manager....3 weeks later no letter yet.

There are numerous hotels within walking distance of this hotel don't waste your time and money on this lack of customer service hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kcbobalou

Travellers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

Amherst, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I found this hotel to be just what I needed. The reception staff was very helpful, the room was clean, it was quiet and I was sorry that I did not not have time for a quick swim in the clean, refreshing looking pool. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nyjen3
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 3 February 2011

Spent one night here on Feb 1. Location off highway convenient.

Staff friendly at Chekhov-in. Reserved King n/s room. Room was a little small but had fridge and microwave, table and two chairs.

Bed was comfy. Needs a little cleaning, but otherwise ok. If you need an affordable comfy bed for a night, this will work fine.

Breakfast was cold cereal, bagels, toast, coffee and juice.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank dangrad
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I beg to differ with the other reviews posted. Before actually arriving at this hotel, I read the reviews and made a reservation based on those reviews; however, aafter I "actually" checked it, my experience was HORRIBLE and unlike all the "good" comments. My daughter and I checked into this motel we we were in the city for Freshman Orientation at Middle Tennessee State University. When we opened the doors to our room, there was a strong scent of mold/mildew and the lamp fixture did not work...but we were tired from driving and still willing to keep it since it would just be for the night. When we rolled back the comforter to one of the beds, there was a big, brown spider crawling on one of the pillows. I killed it then took it to the desk clerk. We complained and were reassigned another room on the second floor. That room had the same smell but it also smelled a little "smoky", perhaps from cigarettes. The bathroom to this room was absolutely FILTHY!!!! There was mold/mildew visably around the caulking in the shower. There was tile missing from the wall; dried urine stains on the floor near the toilet; something that looked to be dried boogers on the front of the shower curtain (sorry for being so graphic); two dirty, stained towels folded among two clean ones and there was a live roach (or bug of some sort) encircling the light fixture in the bathroom's ceiling. Needless to say, we complained again and the desk clerk offored us yet another room but we declined it and opted for a refund. With each complaint, the staff was very apologetic but that did not suffice to stay in filth!

My daughter and I ended up staying at a Holiday Inn Express right up the street. It was soooo much better and only a few dollars more but it was well worth itt. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business