“Our stay at the Red Roof Inn!”
Review of Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel from July 26, 2014 - July 28, 2014. This trip was planned last minute so we were searching for an affordable hotel that was decent. We read mixed reviews about the hotel. We were pretty skeptical when we booked the hotel. We booked a double queen bed room (non-smoking) with a AAA rate. We payed a little over $128. We forgot to put that we wanted a first floor room so we decided to call them while we were headed there. The man was very kind and said that he would have a first floor room ready for us when we arrived. Once we arrived to the hotel we noticed that it was close to a highway, but away from the main roads. The man Travis at the front desk was very kind and helped us with any questions we had. He allowed for us to check in a few hours early which we thought was very convenient.
We walked into our room which was room 107. The room was pretty big. The bathroom was large too. I really enjoyed how the vanity was separate from the toilet and shower. The beds were very comfy in our opinion. The WiFi and TV worked very well. One down side to the room were that the TV was placed sort of low. This was nothing major because we just put a few books under it. The other down side was that the vanity lights flickered really bad when you first turned them on but that was okay. I noticed there was a review that said the whole place smelled like Cigarettes. There are both smoking and non smoking rooms in this hotel. My boyfriend is very sensitive to smoke and he never said anything about the place smelling like it. They had an outdoor pool which was very clean. The water was very warm. There wasn't many people in the pool while we were there. We swam a few times during our stay.
There is quite a few things to do in the are around the hotel. Directly behind the hotel you can walk to a putt-putt/ go kart place. It is very reasonably priced and very fun. There is also a mall and a movie theater right down the road from the hotel. There are many places to eat around the hotel. From fast food like Jack and the box and McDonald's to nice restaurants like Steak and Shake, Outback steak house, IHOP, and Waffle house.
** Over all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Murfreesburo. it is around 40 minutes away from Nashville, so if you are willing to drive a little bit you would save a lot of money compared to the hotel there. I disagree with every bad review of this hotel. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or are feeling skeptical to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: I enjoy first floor rooms. There are doors on the side of the hotel for people who have first floor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thanks for your nice comments, I'll share your comments with the staff.

Travis Ashby, GM

Reviewed 1 August 2014

we have been in a couple of red Roofs and this one is neat and clean, everything still looks great even though it is not new, the room is clean, everything works great, there are very much great places to eat nearby, it is close to I-24, and not far away from the Jack Daniels place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your stay, please visit us again

Travis Ashby , GM

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Reserved non smoking room but when we arrived was told none were left. Our room was even prepaid. Then we were given a bottle of spray to make it smell better. Our room did not lock unless dead bolted from inside. This place is horrible!

• Stayed: June 2014
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

I'm sorry your stay was not as expected. Please give me a call so I can get more information on your reservation and what room you were in. Being prepaid it sounds like a travel agent reservation or such.

Travis GM

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on 6/13-6/14/2014 on our drive home to Indiana from Florida. We were tired from many traffic jams along the way and found this place right off the interstate. The person at the desk was friendly and helped us find a nearby restaurant. The room was nice sized, bed comfortable, shower had wonderful water pressure. We didn't eat breakfast there because we wanted to get back on the road right away. I would recommend this motel as it is close to many restaurants and a very nice mall. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Socialrunaway
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for visiting us!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I arrived at this hotel for a two night stay and was disgusted with the conditions of the rooms and service I received. Upon checking in I had to switch rooms FOUR times because of disgusting conditions. The first room the bathroom was dirty with urine in the toilet. The second had some kind of gross residue on the shower wall. The third reeked of cigarette smoke even though I requested a non smoking room. Very disappointing. The customer service from the front desk staff was less than impressive too. Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else, you'll be happy you did.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Shelly3084
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I'm sorry you had so many issues with your stay. Please give me a call so I can get some more information from you.

Thanks,

Travis A. GM

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the red roof in May 18th. The front desk gentleman was so nice and knew we were leaving early the next morning. He had the waffle maker turned on, all the food out early, and hot coffee ready for us! Our room had been redone recently. Great stop and pet friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rktaylor
535, General Manager at Red Roof Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your nice complements, We hope you'll stay with us again.

Travis A GM

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel was clean, front desk efficient, Breakfast plentiful. Nice large room with flat screen TV.
I asked for a 1st floor room & was accodated & close to the outside door for my dog walks. All
& all nice place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Virginia R

Thank for staying with us. We loved having you and your pet stay with us!