My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel from July 26, 2014 - July 28, 2014. This trip was planned last minute so we were searching for an affordable hotel that was decent. We read mixed reviews about the hotel. We were pretty skeptical when we booked the hotel. We booked a double queen bed room (non-smoking) with a AAA rate. We payed a little over $128. We forgot to put that we wanted a first floor room so we decided to call them while we were headed there. The man was very kind and said that he would have a first floor room ready for us when we arrived. Once we arrived to the hotel we noticed that it was close to a highway, but away from the main roads. The man Travis at the front desk was very kind and helped us with any questions we had. He allowed for us to check in a few hours early which we thought was very convenient.
We walked into our room which was room 107. The room was pretty big. The bathroom was large too. I really enjoyed how the vanity was separate from the toilet and shower. The beds were very comfy in our opinion. The WiFi and TV worked very well. One down side to the room were that the TV was placed sort of low. This was nothing major because we just put a few books under it. The other down side was that the vanity lights flickered really bad when you first turned them on but that was okay. I noticed there was a review that said the whole place smelled like Cigarettes. There are both smoking and non smoking rooms in this hotel. My boyfriend is very sensitive to smoke and he never said anything about the place smelling like it. They had an outdoor pool which was very clean. The water was very warm. There wasn't many people in the pool while we were there. We swam a few times during our stay.
There is quite a few things to do in the are around the hotel. Directly behind the hotel you can walk to a putt-putt/ go kart place. It is very reasonably priced and very fun. There is also a mall and a movie theater right down the road from the hotel. There are many places to eat around the hotel. From fast food like Jack and the box and McDonald's to nice restaurants like Steak and Shake, Outback steak house, IHOP, and Waffle house.
** Over all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Murfreesburo. it is around 40 minutes away from Nashville, so if you are willing to drive a little bit you would save a lot of money compared to the hotel there. I disagree with every bad review of this hotel. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or are feeling skeptical to stay in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Non-Smoking Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro, Tennessee is a pet friendly, family friendly hotel. This hotel is close to Stones River National Battlefield and Cannonsburgh Village. This hotel is also close to I-24 and US-231. Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro features free continental breakfast, a seasonal outdoor unheated pool (open April-August weather permitting), interior corridors, and a fitness center on-site. All rooms are Non-Smoking, and include a Flat Screen TV. Select rooms offer microwave/micro fridge units (a nominal fee may apply; please inquire). Experience our complimentary coffeehouse-style coffee & tea. One well-behaved family pet per room is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Red Roof Inn, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Red Roof Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn Murfreesboro
- Murfreesboro Red Roof Inn