“Just average”

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Manassas
“Just average”
Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

The hotel was just okay. The room was spacious but had ants everywhere. The staff was responsive when I notified them of the problem and had an exterminator come out the next morning. Upon arrival that evening there was a significant number of local police at the hotel. Once I inquired about the ants I asked if I should be concerned about the 6 police cars and was told there was nothing going on. That made me feel better. Not really. Upon returning from dinner at 8:30 they were still there. But the ants were gone. I decided to forego the breakfast so I can't comment. The hotel was quiet and located near anything and everything.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The hotel was very clean and comfortable for a quick overnight stay.

My problem is now the hotel has charged me twice for the room -- and a higher amount that I was told. Apparently, the inflated charge is in case there are any additional fees on your room. When I checked out the girl made a comment about charging my account and I asked her if i would be charged again because a higher charge was already posted. At that time I was assured that I would not be charged twice and the current charge would be decreased before it processed.

When I noticed the charge had posted twice, I called the hotel and was told that the extra charge would disappear after both process, but, until then, I am out that money.

My problem is not that the additional inflated charge breaks the bank but the fact that the hotel did not bother to make me aware that this would happen -- even after I asked about the inflated charge and specifically about being charged twice.

Be aware of this hotel's charging process before you book.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Alyson C
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I only spent a night while travelling through TN but I was impressed with the service. The front desk was really helpful and I got a discounted price. The hotel room was ok with a huge and comfortable bed. Only the AC was very loud and disturbing in the beginning. While the bathroom was pretty much clean it was pretty easy to spot places that had never seen cleaning before (don't touch the hair dryer!). The breakfast should have been served from 6:30 to 8 am. It was unfortunate, that neither there was a breakfast nor someone to ask about it. But the waffle house is just around the corner.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We've stayed 2 or 3 times at this hotel on our way to and from Florida. We stayed here because it was a clean, basic room at an affordable price. The rooms have a shower only (no tub) which is different, but not a problem. Some of the rooms are showing a little age, however.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Tennessee
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Only stayed one night but I have to say our room was very clean w/ comfy beds! Was a quick trip so basically all we did was sleep there and eat breakfast. The breakfast was ok... your usual items on the bar. Only downfall was the elevators which are really slow. We ended up using the stairs. I will say though, it was a booked hotel so that could be the reason for the slow elevator.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
McMinnville, TN
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Expectations for a $70-ish dollar room: a clean room with a place to sleep, a potty, and a shower.
What you get here: a clean room (albeit small), a comfortable bed (with extra pillows! :) ), a potty, a 3x3 shower, cable tv, and a hot breakfast.

Good things I did not expect:
- 4 pillows per bed
- They recovered our cell phone charger after we left and returned it to us
- Hot breakfast with LITE (and regular) syrup. (Most of the time I have to put up with 210-calorie syrup only for my waffle; lite syrup is great when you're on a diet).

Good things that were expected:
- Location was excellent; easy-on, easy-off the interstate with trees between you and the noise of the interstate; within a mile of Cracker Barrel, Steak and Shake, Chick-fil-A, and over 20 other restaurants within two miles.
- Room was well-maintained. No obvious detractions.

Things they could have improved on:
- Internet connection was spotty
- No soda machine on the first floor; you had to go to the 2nd floor for a drink. (I like a diet coke with breakfast after downing the waffles).

Overall, a good, basic hotel room for a decent price. If I had less than 12 hours to sleep, eat, and return to the road, I would definitely consider this establishment again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Waycross, GA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We were tired of driving and did not want to pay the $119 to $130 that other area hotels' 1-800 numbers were quoting. We walked into Sleep Inn, were quoted $69, and were satisfied by our accomodations. It DID feel like a dorm room, and you initially think, "There's no way a shower can be in that bathrom!" But, like I told my kids, you stay at a Sleep Inn when you just want to get some sleep. There's nothing fancy about it. But everything was clean, we felt safe, and we slept fairly well (there was a jangly noise in the A/C). Wireless is weak on the 4th floor, and I had to sit with the door open to use it. (A small price to pay to save $50+ bucks.) Front desk staff was great; breakfast was fine and well-stocked. We stayed at a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn Express this trip as well, and the breakfast was as good here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family