“Local Charm Coupled with Local Knowledge”
Review of Hastings House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murfreesboro
Hastings House
Ranked #3 of 3 Murfreesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Our stay at Hastings House B & B was everything we wanted it to be! Jane, as a former librarian & avid local historian, was a font of knowledge for us. We came to Murfreesboro for a wedding & since this was our first visit to the South, we wanted to take in as much of the local culture & history as possible. We hit a gold mine in staying at Hastings House because the Jane was so knowledgable. We went to every one of her recommendations & only time held us back from doing & seeing more.
The breakfasts were out of this world. We're real foodies & pride ourselves in eating healthy, gourmet style food. We were thoroughly delighted with all of our breakfasts. We got a taste for Southern cooking that was healthy, fresh, & regional. Our stay at Hastings House truly made our visit to this part of Tennessee entertaining, enlightening, & filled with everlasting memories.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My wife & I really enjoyed our stay! Our host, Jane, was so hospitable & made us feel at home. She was incredibly knowledgeable of the surrounding area, and all the recommendations & tips she gave us were perfect all weekend. Breakfast was outstanding, and I greatly appreciate her accommodating my wife’s special dietary needs. We’ll definitely be back because one night spent with her and a couple days seeing the local Civil War sites & historical homes just wasn’t enough … A great weekend, and I wouldn't hesitate at all in recommending her B&B to others!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The hosts were friendly and very helpful with local historic sites as well as lovely restaurants. They had a glass of wine waiting for us on our arrival, to enjoy on the front porch of their lovely home. Very quiet, secluded room, lovely night of rest.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed at the cabin but had breakfast at the Hastings House. The cabin was a wonderful country retreat stocked with everything to make our stay comfortable. Jane was a gracious host who gave us a wonderful tour of her lovely home and prepared a nice breakfast for us. Her hospitality was immeasurable !!!! 5 stars !!! A+++++++ :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Wonderful place to stay a weekend & all adjacent to the newly renovated down town Murfreesboro square. Our hostess Jane was phenomenal & really works with your schedule daily on preparing meals & helping you with local locations to try out. She had her house decorated with very cool Halloween decor that really made the visit even better. Would highly recommend for any couple looking for a nice & simplistic getaway in walking distance to several attractions to do. Myself & my wife had a wonderful weekend at the Hastings House & look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Troy B
Reviewed 14 August 2012

When our daughter's wedding was held at the church next door to the the Hastings House, my husband and I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to stay there.It was wonderful to relax in comfort after all the wedding preparations.
Jane serves a delecious breakfast. The house is warm and inviting from the front door to the bedrooms.
We were welcomed at the front door by Jane's feline door greeters. I have to say Spot was my favorite. I think we bonded.
My husband is handicapped and is never able to stay in second floor accomodations, but Jane had a solution for that problem. She had an elevator for him to use and he was delighted at the surprise,
This beautifully decorated home is one of the best things about Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Be sure and stay here if you have the opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank grich11
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I recently spent 4 nights at the Hastings House while on a business trip. The owners are extremely friendly and warm. Jane went out of her way to create a special low carb breakfast for me every morning. In addition, since I drink decaf tea, she went to a specialty food shop in town and picked up 4 gourmet blends for me to have each morning. This is such a nice alternative to a traditional hotel. You have the comforts of home with breakfast made for you every morning. I stayed in the upstairs room which was comfortable and roomy. There is free wi-fi and a nice desk so I was able to work. Nice ceiling fan and cool AC for the warm summer. The owners do have cats but keep them out of the rooms. The cats are sweet and made it more homey for me! The house is just down the street from historic Main Street with charming shops and restaurants and was only a 10 minutes drive to a huge outdoor shopping mall with larger restaurants (mostly chains) and the medical center.

Room Tip: For longer stays the upstairs room is probably better.