“Best pizza”

Old Chicago
Ranked #43 of 428 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Smyrna Tn
“Best pizza”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I really like pizza and this was by far the best. We started with the fried zuccinni it sure was good. Did not think they could top it. We ordered the veggie 7 and it was delicious. If you want a good meal this is it.

• Visited July 2014

Ohio, USA
“Well worth the drive.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A colleague and I were on a business trip to Manchester, TN, but when dinner time rolled around we found our choices to be few and really rather uninteresting so we opted for a road trip west on I-24 to Murfreesboro where we knew there would be more options. Once in Murfreesboro, we did a quick search on the smart phone and a drive-by of the mall. As expected there were several interesting options, but we quickly settled on Old Chicago, although neither of us had ever heard of it before. Well, this ended up being an outstanding choice. We dined here on a Sunday evening in May, right about dinner time and while there were many cars in the lot, we were seated immediately.

Old Chicago is a lot of things rolled into one restaurant. The menu has a tremendous variety; pub food, salads, pasta, pizza, calzones…something for everyone. Plus there was a great selection of beer on tap, something near and dear to both my colleague and I. There were over twenty beers on tap and a hundred or so in bottles. So many beers, so little time! The good news is that they do serve flights (beer samplers) so that we could try out several of the beers.

Our server, Mare, was great and she knew her brew. I prefer hoppy beers like pale ales and IPAs, so Mare was able to help me pick out the best for my flight. I picked three and let Mare select the fourth. I tried a couple from the local Mayday Brewing Company (the Evil Octopus and the IPA) plus the Green Flash West Coast IPA. All were good and went well with the pizza that I ordered.

Speaking of the food, there were just so many great looking options on the menu. Mare pointed out several of the specialties. The pizza was outstanding. My buddy had the spaghetti pie which looked great; it was so big he could not finish it. Overall, the food was outstanding.

So great service, excellent food and an outstanding beer selection, just a killer combination. I’ll be back the next time I’m in the area.

• Visited May 2014
“Pizza, Pizza!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a causal pizzeria with a wide variety of pizzas and toppings. This is not the best pizza in the world, but it is good and a fun place to visit with a reasonable price.

• Visited March 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Feels like you are in Chicago”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Being a Chicago native, I had to try Old Chicago restaurant when I moved to Murfreesboro. What a great restaurant! We frequent this establishment about once a month. Besides the dining area, there is a large bar area with lots of TV screens showing all your favorite sporting events. We always order their thin crust pizza with breshetta tomatoes, basil and feta cheese. I definitely recommend Old Chicago!

• Visited February 2014
“Busy”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Its still a OK place to carry your kids......kids like to go and play pool and the food is great. There is something for every one in the family.

• Visited January 2014