“What you hope for in a B&B and then some”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murfreesboro
The Manor at Twin Oaks Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Murfreesboro B&B and Inns
Avignon, France
“What you hope for in a B&B and then some”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Cindy is the best host I've met at a B&B. There when you need her. She is professional,meticulous, and a great cook. The Manor at Twin Oaks was a lucky find. We loved having a picnic dinner on the back portico.

Room Tip: google goes the long way around. Check with Cindy for directions to save time.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Came in from Ohio and didn't want to stay at the usual hotels and I am so glad I came across this place on Trip Advisor. There is a reason why this place is number one and it deserves to stay there. I cannot think of one bad point. The house was grand, the property was well manicured. It felt great to have a cup of hot tea on the back porch. Breakfast was great, Cindy was wonderful, and the house was one of the most beautiful I have seen.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

This is easily one of the best B&B's I've stayed at. The house is beautiful inside and out and my WWII buff husband enjoyed the attention to detail in the Eagles Room. Throughout the Manor there were antiques and homey touches like fresh flowers in the rooms and on the tables in the dining room. The Gruyere cheese omelets were to die for served with a fresh fruit cup and chilled juice in champagne flutes. Everything about the meal was elegant right down to the china and silver. Our bed was huge and the sheets and comforters a wonderful respite after a night out. They also have simple luxuries not found at some B&B's like shampoo and soap and a hair dryer. The robes were comfy to wrap up in after a shower and Turkish towels you could drown in. Cindy and Doyle were gracious hosts as was the housekeeper, Gina, who greeted us and quickly and easily got us checked in and took our breakfast orders. Booking online was a breeze. Although they were full we heard no noise from the other guests. One couple had a son at ETU and were able to have him join them for breakfast although he was not a guest. Very classy and the extra mile that the Boyd's go to make a stay at The Oaks such a treat. We will be back!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Yorkville, Illinois
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I along with my brother in law and his wife decided to go to Nashville and booked the manor. My wife and I have been going to Bed and Breakfast for over 20 years. The owners were beyond nice and they go the extra mile to be helpful with anything they can do for you. The house is amazing and the rooms are big and sparkling clean. The food was exquisite.
WE will be back for a revisit. Al, Noreen

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Sheffield, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The home is a restored Victorian. Beautiful details, good breakfast, reservation were handled without a glitch. If you are looking for a quiet and romantic getaway in middle Tennessee this is the place.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gord0n
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Not only was the home beautiful, it was immaculate. The sheets, towels and chocolates on the bed every night made you feel like you were at a 5 star hotel, but so much better. Cindy and Doyle could not have been nicer and more accommodating. Delicious meals are served complete with linens and china. They showed us a couple of new facilities that they have added. A beautiful barn to host large events and another house that holds a lot of guests as well. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I want to go back for my anniversary in May so I can sit on the back porch with my husband and look out on the beautiful land. The front yard has a stream running through it. It is just so beautiful and serene. Lee Anne B.

Room Tip: There's not a bad room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I just had the pleasure of staying for the first time at The Manor at Twin Oaks. We are from Nashville and were just looking for a nearby place to rest for a couple of days and have a low-key anniversary celebration, and this place provided the absolutely perfect retreat! Cindy greeted us on arrival and gave us a quick tour of the house and then to our room, which was absolutely pristine.

Highlights:

Wonderful attention to detail! The home is so well-appointed (and spotless!) with beautiful art. They seem to have achieved the right balance between aesthetics and comfort. Gorgeous light fixtures, white tablecloths, antique serving ware - everything was just very impressive. The owners left a kind note for us when we arrived, a magazine with local information, and left wine glasses at the nightly turn-down since she noted we had brought wine.

Service and little perks! Lots of books and DVDs to look through, a small refrigerator for guests stocked with water and soft drinks and snacks (we brought our own wine and chilled it there), and a Keurig coffee maker for guests with a wonderful assortment of coffees and teas, as well as all the accoutrements. Nightly turndown service, complete with gourmet chocolate on the pillow. Also, plush towels and flat screen TVs in each room, and an iPod docking station! (Do note that while there are showers in each bathroom, there are not bathtubs. Be sure to request a room with a bathtub if that's important to you.)

Beautiful surroundings! Sitting on 100 acres, there is plenty of room for strolling. The home has a serene, expansive back porch with ceiling fans and rocking chairs. We enjoyed sitting there in the morning after breakfast just enjoying the gardens. Very peaceful!

Did I mention breakfast? I truly could not get over how delicious the breakfasts were. Cindy has you fill out a menu request the night before, where you select whether you want the special of the morning or something else. Go with the special - it will be divine! For us, it was a bruleed french toast with orange syrup and bacon one morning, and eggs benedict the next. I'm a tough eggs benedict critic, but Cindy got it RIGHT! Fresh coffee, your choice of juice (served in champagne glasses) and a fruit bowl preceded the special each morning. Oh, and she also served tiny slices of homemade pumpkin bread and scones. As we were leaving upon check-out, Doyle mentioned that the next day she was serving Gruyere omelets as the special - I can only imagine how delicious they were. ;)

All in all, we left Twin Oaks feeling rested, full, spoiled... and resolved to return soon. Just 40 minutes outside of Nashville, it's an easy choice for a quick get-away and I'm SO thankful we chose this rather than a hotel. We can't wait to go back in the fall when the leaves turn - the home and surroundings will certainly be even more splendid. Thank you Cindy and Doyle!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple