Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Murfreesboro
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Elmhurst, IL
“Awful”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

How this place has 3 stars is a total wonder to me. I agree with the one review I read about needing a tetanus shot after staying here. I've never in all the 100's of hotels I've been in stayed in a place so dirty. The carpet was sticky, sheets and towels threadbare. The bathroom, omg! I took pictures because I couldn't believe it. Mold, crack tiles, stained badly sink, peeling wallpaper, a toilet seat that had the plastic peeling away and some staining. We pulled in after a long drive from Disney. It was really late and I had kids with me and and we just needed sleep. I prayed to sleep fast so I could get out ASAP. I picked this place based in reviews and we stayed at a Microtel on the way down that was totally beautiful. I'm saddened that I can't trust reviews and seriously this place needs to be shut down. Yuck!!!!!

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mleekramer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 8 August 2014

..and this was NOTHING like a good nights sleep. It all boiled down to the dirty linen on the bed with someone else's hair in the sheets and under the pillows and the small, pale insects crawling on the pillow and sheets. I slept in the car after that then when I tried to inform the staff I met the rudest and most uncaring front desk clerk EVER. I only wanted her to know that the linens were not clean but she told me that was not her concern and I should have said something to the other clerk before her then she walked away telling me that this was a manager issue and he would be in later (we would be long gone). I did not want money back or anything just to inform them that the sheets had not been changed. It is gross to not put fresh sheets on beds between customers and it is a health/sanitary issue.

This is the first subpar Microtel I have stayed in--we will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

Central IL
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here for a few days this week related to my son's orientation at Middle Tennessee State University. Booked online through a travel site and got a good rate. The hotel staff were very friendly and welcoming. Portia, who greeted us when we arrived, was very friendly and helpful providing info we needed for our stay. The room is pretty tiny, but clean and the bed was very comfortable. My room had a little microwave and fridge which is always a plus. I left a note with a request for housekeeping on one of the days I was there and it was taken care of when I returned. Internet was adequate (if not fantastic) and the shower was good and strong and hot, so I pretty much had all I needed. Will almost certainly stay there again.

The only thing that kept my rating @ 4 stars instead of 5 was the breakfast, which was pretty minimal. Coffee was hot but not fantastic (OK, I'm a bit of a coffee snob) and some creamer options other than 2% milk would have been nice. In their defense, the space available for a bigger breakfast spread is pretty much non-existent. But what was out just didn't look too appealing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Madison
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Enjoyed my stay. Liked the layout of the room and the lighting over the bed. Will stay again. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family