“Upscale Home Cooking”

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #91 of 431 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Murfreesboro
“Upscale Home Cooking”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

One of my favorite spots in Murfreesboro for both work and pleasure meals. I take both business clients and family here for consistently great food and service. We have used them for Thanksgiving packaged meals before that were also excellent.

Visited October 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
“Too Much Change”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

First visit to Mimi's was in Orlando, FL. Great food, wonderful cozy unique decor. Next visit was to Mimi's in Mufreesboro last year, same great experience. I am from Indianapolis where there are no Mimi's locations. Visiting my sister who lives in Murfreesboro, went last night. While all the other restaurants had long waiting times, Mimi's hardly had any business, only a few tables were filled. Didn't understand it, same great atmosphere, hostess and wait staff very friendly. Then we looked at the menu, there it was...the disappointing bomb. The server informed us that Mimi's had been bought out with new owner's. It looked like the only thing that had changed. There were few choices. Nothing that looked appetizing, like grilled salmon on a bed of lentils, really? They removed side item and sauce choices, etc. We ordered a brie cheese appetizer, that was literally 3 bites a piece for us for $6. Dollar per bite. Couldn't find any entree's we were interested in, so we paid for the app and left.

• Visited October 2013
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Slow, slow, slow, slow service.”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have visited Mimi's on several previous occasions, but when we arrived on Saturday everything seemed like it was in slow motion. Also, they were not busy, at all. Getting our table, slow. We watched them try to put the chairs around the table and they had such a big disscussion about how to arrange the chairs. People were being seated before us, that came in after us. We did have a child, which was well behaven, so you can take that off the table. It took forever to get our orders in, forever to get our food, forever to get utensils, forever to get our check and then forever to get it back. Now, with all that said, the food was great. They need to work on servicing the patron.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank WeenjoytravelingUSA
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delightful Dinner at Mimi's Cafe”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

What a fabulous restaurant! The ambiance was very nice; they had smooth jazz playing in the background. I was seated right away and handed the menu. The server was VERY courteous, friendly and professional. She pointed out some of the specials on the menu and went promptly to grab my drink. She asked me if I’ve ever been to Mimi’s and I told her no.
I had the Slow Roasted Turkey Breast. It came with mashed potatoes, gravy cornbread, broccoli and orange cranberry relish; can we say mmmm, mmmm good? I was also survey with a long roll and what looked like carrot/spice bread. The combo was very nice.
Cherry on the top? Maddie (server) came back with a little baggie full of goodies, since this was my first time, a card for a free desert upon my next visit! I’ve never had this happen before! This restaurant garners top customer service in my book!

Visited September 2013
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Stop in for the first time for breakfast , had the strawberry waffles and eggs Benedict both very good but I would say the egg Benedict did need a little bit more spice, the cho croissant was right on. I will stop again when traveling the way again.

• Visited September 2013