“I'm going back”

Gondolier Pizza
Ranked #69 of 428 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Greek
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“I'm going back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was impressed. We walk in and my wife is escorted to our table by the manager/owner?. He is ethnically Greek and speaks with accent that is definitely not local. The server was quick and polite. The food was served in a timely fashion (we didn't feel like it took long at all, but I didn't time it). And then the coupe de grace, desert. Many cheesecakes were available from which to choose. I am a bit of a cheesecake aficionado and therefore quite particular. Normally I'll choose the plain cheesecake, but this time I ordered the baklava cheesecake. WOW! Totally decadent. How they actually were able to put those two deserts together to make one that was not overly sweet, I have no idea, however it was fantastic. I'm going back for more.

As for the restrooms, I can't help you, however, given the appearance of the rest of the establishment, the dining area area, the decorations, the windows, the display, etc., my guess is that the restrooms were not neglected.

We enjoyed lunch. A reservation was not necessary. I would be somewhat surprised if the evening meal times are not generally busy.

• Visited July 2014

Murfreesboro
“Favorite Italian Food in Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I eat here often. The food and service is always good. The variety of entrees are exceptional. The desserts are amazing. I usually bring a dessert home and split it with several people.

Visited May 2014
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Owner - not so friendly to children! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

First and last time at Gondolier! The waitress seemed to be super sweet and caring. We had 7 children and 4 adults. When our meal was over we allowed our children to sit at the open booth behind us and look out the window. The restaurant was empty. I counted four tables that were occupied in the entire restaurant and they were seated on the opposite side of us. We had children ranging from 2-5. They never acted out or ever yelled (other than some crying), but all together trying to talk over one another were a little loud, as you would expect with 7 children. The owner took it upon himself to come over and ask our children where their seats were. When one of the mom's tried to take care of having the children come back to their seat, he put his hand up and stopped her and he "tried" to take care of it. We are VERY attentive mom's and did not see anything wrong with them sitting and looking out the window. If anything, they might have been a bit loud.
It was not the owner's place to come and discipline our children!! He should have nicely asked us to have them sit back in their seat if he didn't like where they were sitting. Mind you, this was a 2:00 in the afternoon and there was almost no one in the restaurant. I am EXTREMELY upset about how he handled this. It scared the children and was disrepectful to us as parents and customers. We did not say anything, but helped our children get back to their seats. He could obviously see this upset the children and tried to come back and give them hard candy---really? Hard candy for a two year old--without even asking the parents?!

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! And to actually mention the food--it was average. Nothing special. The prices were a bit high for such average food. The meat sauce was horrible. NEVER AGAIN WILL I EAT HERE. I will also spread the news about how unfriendly and horrible the owner treated our children.

• Visited June 2014
liberty
“Very good Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We passed this restaurant all the time thinking it was just a pizza place. One day in the break room at work a couple of the employees had some great looking Italian food, (Calzones and such) and I asked them where they got it. They said Gondolier and added their food was great.

A couple weeks ago we wanted to try something different and I remembered the place where where the employees suggested so we went there, Gondolier Pizza.

Everything that we had was very good!
My husband had a calizone, my son had a triple something with 3 Italian, dishes, I had the eggplant parm and WE WILL be going back.

I think they would do better naming the place "The Gondolier Italian Foods" or something like that.
Murfreesboro is flooded with "Pizza" places.

• Visited May 2014
Smyrna, Tennessee
“Very Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

We ate at the Gondolier Italian Restaurant recently and were favorably impressed. It was a Sunday after church at 1:00 PM. When we arrived we noticed that the parking lot was full. The restaurant was quite busy, and there was a group ahead of us waiting for a table, but we were seated right away, since we only needed a table for 2. Our server, Cinnamon, was quite pleasant and gave us very good service. The restaurant appeared to be clean and the atmosphere was casual but pleasant. The menu is large, and they have a good selection of both Italian and Greek foods. Our salads were served promptly as well as hot bread served with a bowl of marinara sauce. The bread was very good and served hot, the salads were the norm, but as a nice touch, they were served on chilled bowls. Our food was ready in good time, and was served piping hot on hot dishes. The food was delicious! I had Baked Lasagna and my wife had Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo, both were absolutely delicious. The servings were generous. Our total bill (including two iced teas) was $31.13, so not a cheap place to eat, but not over-priced either. We felt like we got our money's worth. They have a display case of wonderful-looking home made cheese cakes, but we were too full to try them. Overall it was a very good experience and we will plan to go back again.

• Visited April 2014