Motel 6 Murfreesboro
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 12 February 2012

got checked in to our room and it smelled like cat pea yuk i went to front desk and they gave us another room that didnt have a microwave and refrig in it like we asked, this is the only hotel i have ever been in that did not have the little shampoos in it, and when we asked for extra pillows we were told no

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ccreech

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Let me start by saying I have stayed in this Motel 4 times in the last 2 years, until this time had pleasant stays. This time Sept 24, 2011 the room was dirty and noisy. I will say that this is the first time traveling with a pet (maybe they different room for people with pets). The floors were filthy and the bathroom was not any better. I believe that there are transients living there, and they were working on their cars all night. Had to stay because it waqs so late and were so tired, usually I do not put myself in that position. But as I ststed earlier I was familiar with the motel and thought I knew what I was doing. We slept on top of the covers because we were not sure the bed had been changed

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I stayed at this location nearly a year ago, and I am still disgusted by my experience there. The bed covering smelled of urine and when I went down to the front desk to complain about this, and to ask for a clean blanket, I was told that they didn't have any extras! I did get some clean sheets and used these to cover myself for the night. If it hadn't been midnight when I got to the room, I would have left. I couldn't wait to get up and out of there the next day. My departing gift was to awaken to see 2 roaches crawling across the floor!

Looking back now, I should have packed up my stuff and left. Please don't stay here! I will never try to go cheap again...and I will never stay at another Motel 6!

Room Tip: Don't stay here! I wouldn't think that any room was worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here on 9-4-11 and boy do we wish we would have paid a little extra and stayed down the street! We got a standard room (2 full size beds) for $55 (one night.) We opened the door to our Non Smoking room and noticed two things right off: It was hot as hell and second it smelled of stale smoke. I turned the AC on (which is pratically ON one of the beds because the bed is so close to the wall) and it had a bad "rattle" to it. I went to the bathroom to find the toilet running. I jiggled the handle a couple times but no such luck. Laid down to find the bed hard as a rock. We had to hunt for the TV remote. It was very difficult to sleep on "the rock" listening to the AC and the toilet taking turns making noise. Think next time we'll just sleep in the car!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 6 August 2011

A friend and I stayed there a couple of nights when we were doing volunteer work at Stones River National Battlefield.
OK room for a couple of guys on the road without the wives.
Very basic room. No clock, hairdryer, or coffee makers in the rooms. Remote for the TV did not work even after I installed a couple of my own batteries.
Room was clean enough though there was a twist off beer cap that was visible under the sink that was there when we arrived and was there when we left.
Bedding appeared to be clean and fresh though my buddy discovered he only had one sheet on the bed. Manager did not believe us until he brought an extra sheet to the room.
If you want a very basic crash pad this is it though when we go back next year we will probably spend a few bucks more and stay at one of the other nearby motels.
The pool area did look clean and well maintained.
As a whole the inn could use some overall upkeep .

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2011

The location and service were great. However, this place needs a LOT of help. Our room smelled dank, the carpet was horrible, and the window sill and air conditioning unit looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. With two kids travelling, I would NEVER put them in this place again.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My family stopped here at about 2:00 in the morning to get a few hours of sleep before continuing on our trip. I was so tired that I didn't spend much time inspecting the room. The room was very small. It had two double beds; one was against the window/air conditioner and the people in that bed froze. The other bed was against the other wall. There was a small space between them. That was the size of the room. There was a tv on a table. The bathroom was ok. The stand up shower looked brand new and was probably the best part about the room. The toilet looked dirty. Anyway, this is a cheap hotel . . . very cheap in every way. We got some sleep and a shower and were on our way. If I were coming through this area again during the wee hours of the morning and needed to crash, I'd probably stay here again, but I would not stay here for any other purpose.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family