“Horrible room”

Motel 6 Murfreesboro
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very run down and dirty. Holes in the wall, torn carpet,electrical sockets hanging out of the walls, toilet and bathtub stained and gross. Rooms smelled funny. Didn't feel safe, got a refund and left.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terrib24
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Murfreesboro

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed one night and it was completely fine for the price. It is newly remodeled and the room was clean. It did not smell. The front desk was friendly and helpful. If you want to pay a lot more for bells and whistles then do so. I will give a list of reasons to not stay here if certain things bother you. Beds are firm which I like but if you want plush you will not be happy. It has a small round stand up shower with no tub. If I had been there longer not sure how I would have shaved my legs. If you are a large person shower will not be comfortable. Parking is a bit of a problem if the motel is full. May not get to park near room. Nothing there for breakfast except coffee. Pool looked ok but I did not go in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank gracieandgeorge
Reviewed 12 June 2014

From the cratered parking lot to the non-smoking rooms that reek of cigarettes to the housekeeping staff who couldn't be bothered to clean the rooms to the downright scary clientele, this is one hotel you should avoid at all cost. Even after repeated complaints to management, the "cleaning" staff did not change the bed linens once during our six day stay. Waste baskets were left overflowing, the floors were not swept, the beds were not made, the sinks were never wiped down, towels not put away. Notifying management was easy since we were constantly visiting the front desk for toilet paper and clean cups. If we had trashed the rooms, I could understand any reluctance on their part to tidy up. But there was no such reason available to them. The cockroaches we saw in the rooms later in the stay are testament of a chronic cleanliness problem.

The management was kind enough to refund the housecleaning fee of $20 per room, and they were very apologetic about the matter. I hope they are one day able to get control of their cleaning staff (and customers). But after this experience, we will never use the Murfreesboro Motel 6 ever again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jack W
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Pool was completely green and dirty, front lobby stunk really bad. Room had a little smell of smoke but not bad. Our room had updated stuff and wasn't bad at all for how cheap it was. Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here in March while traveling. between the noise coming from 2 different rooms and the broken safety latch on our door we had a terrible night of non-sleep. I swore before we would never stay in a Motel 6 again but we arrived late in the evening and not a lot to choose from.

Room Tip: I would say try another motel.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 05V-Rod
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here right after the the redo and it was very nice. Room still looks nice but wreaks of smoke. Also jacked the price up $12 for moving downstairs. I would have stayed else where for $60 a night.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at the Motel 6 with my family for 3 nights and it was absolutely horrible. The staff were worst ive ever seen. I mean flat out rude! As I saw in one of the other reviews the front desk lady had a horrible attitude. awful! The rooms were nice, They had recently been updated.. But the Bed's were just like the staff horrible. Usually I can sleep on any bed and it doesn't bother me , But these beds are the worst I've ever slept on . They are literally hard as a rock. I couldn't fall asleep at night because they were soo horribly hard. They don't have any kind of cover on them to keep bugs out.. Luckily I didn't see any. I couldn't relax with the curtain open on my day off, Because the housekeepers will stand outside your window staring inside. I finally had to shut my curtain and sit in the dark.. It was that bad. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family