“No Chrome Here”

Cuisines: American
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“No Chrome Here”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stopped in for lunch recently and was genuinely pleased. There is a 98 health rating, clean restrooms, easy access, a very nice-covered-drive-thru, and plenty of parking and it is level, easy walking. There are comfy booths as well as tables and chairs and an outdoor patio area for dining. You could easily have a ball team or family party there and the music is not offensive. I was greeted by a friendly server who gave me suggestions when I asked and pointed out the $5.00 meal which is a great value. She politely asked me to be seated while my food was cooked, explaining that they do not cook it until you order it. I found a nice seat and my food was delivered to my table when it was done. It was not gourmet food, of course, it was a hamburger! deluxe, fresh and hand made which I really enjoyed. For the money, I got a burger, fries, a fountain drink with unlimited refills and a sundae. Are you kidding? for $5.00?
While waiting, I checked out the restroom which was very clean and the freezer cases near the front. There are loads of ice cream treats made up and ready to take home and some lovely cakes for special occasions. Smoothies with only 170 calories, lemonades of different flavors and several kinds of soft drinks are on the menu-even my favorite- Dr. Pepper.
This restaurant has a down home earthy feel that I like. I would be totally comfortable bringing any group here. It is a pleasure to find some place that hasn't been remodeled to death and turned into something that no longer fits it's neighborhood. I hope Dairy Queen sticks around for a long, long time.
It is located across the street from Middle TN Christian School and not far fro the Murfreesboro airport and Sports Complex. If you are ever at the Alvin York VA hospital or offices you are near

• Visited September 2013