“Awesome Food!”

Ranked #14 of 430 Restaurants in Murfreesboro
Price range: US$7 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: "A Hint of Southern Fare with a Dash of French Cuisine" We strive to bring a fresh, healthy & local approach to dining. Specializing in fresh seafood cooked to order, locally sourced produce & meats, as well as seasonal menus. From fresh & local food items, to parties in the Private Dining Room, to Full Service Caterings of all sizes, we can do it all! Five Senses is a Full Service Caterer meaning - Let us take care of it all! From Bartending, Serving, Cooking, placing your Rental Orders, Event Planning... The list goes on!
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Awesome Food!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the World and this one is in my Top 10! A must go when you are any where near Murfreesboro.

• Visited February 2014

Nashville, Tennessee
“Attention to detail makes for a great experience!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Friends had cancelled plans so we decided to head to Five Senses. Having lived in Tennessee for only 3 months I was dying to try this place. Highly rated by a Tennessee friend we headed over to check it out. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who gave us a choice of a table bye the door or to experience the chef bar where we could enjoy cocktails and appetizers while watching the plating. We had not made reservations so we weren't picky. We opted for the bar area and were not disappointed. Having worked in the industry for 6 years I could appreciate the dedication of the kitchen. Having them front and center gives them an opportunity to receive the accolades for their fantastic dishes and to be able to connect with the clientele. Always good for company morale and equally a nice experience for guests. Kevin and Martine were very outgoing and informative about every single dish that made it's way from the kitchen. Offered some samples to test our palate and made the entire dining experience the best seat in the house. I never have a problem socializing with folks and certainly I draw from experience in conversation with the staff. They were more like a family than employees. In fact we found a fellow Michigander on staff to engage in hometown conversation. And a Wings fan to boot!

We had the pleasure of being served by Jessica. And she never missed a beat. She knew the menu front and back, and was very informative and expressive on her drink knowledge. Always great to have when you can't decide between cocktail, wine or beer. I started out with the Drunken Pear which consisted of hand crafted vodka, ground clove, vanilla bean infused simple syrup and ground clove. My partner opted for the Havana, which was a house infused Pomegranite Habenero vodka with pineapple and lime. Had a bit of fire but the sweetness of the pineapple was a perfect combination. Sip!

We ordered Panko Crabcake, Duck Confit Risotto and Marinated Mussels for appetizers. The crabcake was all crab. Outstanding. Served with a wasabi cream. The marinated mussels were a bit disappointing. We love our mussels so if you're expecting mussels in shell this is not the case. Once we received the appetizer I should have known to be careful how I approached it. The mussels were very tiny and and were scooped up in one bite. I think a few more mussels in the avocado and pico setting would make for a more delightful dish. The flavors were fantastic but I was wanting more. Having never tried duck before we ventured to discover one of the most flavorful and comforting dishes in a long time in the Duck Confit Risotto. This is a must have. It's like Thanksgiving dinner on one plate! Melts in your mouth!

I ordered the Grilled Romaine as my entree. Excellent. Using a local farm for their delicious baby carrots and blackened red onion was a perfect combo with the creamy blue cheese dressing and pecans. My partner ordered the filet mignon. Outstanding. Served with rosemary and white wine potatoes and brussels and bacon. I really don't think anything we would have selected in entrees would disappoint. Word is the Wild Boar is the dish to try. Obviously. It was 86 right after we ordered.

When I venture to a nice restaurant I always try to leave room for dessert. So glad I did. Please don't miss the chocolate and marshmallow bread pudding with a bourbon anglaise, honey-roasted peanuts and homemade peanut butter ice cream. To die for. And the nice message sprawled across the plate by the resident GM was a nice touch.

You certainly can see why Five Senses is highly rated and has had such great success in Murfreesboro. Coming from a city with some fantastic dining experiences; I can appreciate the love and the attention to detail in everything they do. It wasn't just great food. It was the total dining experience. We definitely will be back with friends real soon. Save us our seats at the bar. Would ya?

• Visited February 2014
Louisaiana
“Had a wonderful dinner with family.”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I wanted a special place to take my brother out to dinner and this was perfect. The restaurant is one of the most unique I have been to. First, there are two great bars you can sit at and watch the chefs in the open kitchen. There is artwork on the walls with wonderful quotes. The service is outstanding. The restaurant had high ceilings and it is rather loud. We were sitting next to a table of some extraordinarily loud ladies. I did put my earplugs in that I handily carry for traveling. The manager sensed our discomfort and asked us if we would prefer to sit at a more quiet table. Wow - that made the evening perfect! Food was without a doubt excellent. I will go back to this restaurant whenever I visit my brother. Thank you for a fabulous evening.

• Visited November 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Keep going back”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have loved Five Senses for years, it's a perfect restaurant for special dinners, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. Having celebrated several birthdays here, I can say without a doubt that the atmosphere and the food make it worth the money! This is by far the best place to eat in Murfreesboro!

• Visited December 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Don't miss this place!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Best restaurant in Murfreesboro and is comparable with any five star restaurant in Nashville or Atlanta. Mitchell is an excellent chef, with great skills and taste. Fabulous seasonal menu from local growers with reasonable prices and lots of specials on week nights. Some of the best steak and fish I've eaten in any place. If you don't try this place and you live in Nashville or Chattanooga, you are missing something amazing!

• Visited August 2013