“How Every Stopover Should Go” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Murfreesboro

Comfort Suites Murfreesboro
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Chicago
“How Every Stopover Should Go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stopped over at this property on a trip from Florida to Illinois, and were very weary from 10 hours of driving and kids chirping about bathroom breaks and on-the-brink-of-dead iPads. Landing at the Comfort Suites was a real treat, with the large rooms that gave everyone plenty of room to spread out and relax before getting down to the business of a restful night's sleep.

The pillowtop beds were so comfortable that, after a trip to the free breakfast at 7AM, all voted unanimously to take a few more hours to crash again.

Desk services was spot-on, and we found the property and the room to be clean and inviting.

We govern our stays by what shows up here on TA, and were a little concerned by some reports about the dog kennel next door. We heard the doggies in the parking lot, but once inside, it was just the sound of snoring (which we can only blame on the comfy pillowtops).

All in all, we were there for 14 hours, but it was a great stopover that we will pin for our next trip South.

Room Tip: We had the AC on all night, and didn't hear any barking from next door. So, in the cooler month...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This Comfort Suites is "standard model" Comfort Suites. The rooms are large and the furniture was in pretty good shape. (I believe the property is about 7 years old.) The breakfast area was attractive but not nearly large enough for the size of the hotel. However, the beds were very comfortable.
Maintenance in our room included a commode that did not flush well and burned out light bulbs in the bath room. The carpet throughout the building is just filthy--in the breakfast room, in the halls and in the room. It made me "feel dirty" to walk on it. The sleep sofa in the room is completely worn out and almost unusable--needs to be replaced. It is a shame that what is basically a good property is so poorly cared for.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

A few months ago I wrote a great review about this hotel. My daughter and I stayed on the 25th of June and it was like a different hotel. While the price was still good and the room a great size the service left a lot to be desired. We checked in at three given our room only to find the toilet and the phones did not work. They changed our room because the maintenance guy was already gone for the day. The room they moved us too was still being cleaned. We decided to go shopping and it would be ready when we returned. Got back around 7 only to find the toilet in that room did not work either. Called the desk only to be told nothing they could do the hotel was booked and they were getting ready to replace the toilets soon. I would not stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kmcgruder
South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

An older hotel with shabby furniture awaits those guests. There was not the staff needed to check in guests and neither of the two luggage carts could be found. The carpets were dirty in the room and hall. Sleep quality was ok. The breakfast pastries were stale to complement a so so breakfast. The price was inflated due to the closeness to Nashville, but was no where near worth the price charging.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I also had booked the hotel before reading the review on the bedbugs, but I can assure you that there were absolutely NO bed bugs anywhere. I arrived early, around 1:30 so about an hour and a half before check in. Brenda was able to accommodate and check me in a little earlier (which many hotels don't). She was very nice and answered all of my questions, and I was on my way. I typically don't ever have extreme high expectations when booking a "choice" hotel, but when I walked into my double bed room I was extremely impressed! The room was spotless and contrary to other reviews the beds and four pillows were so comfortable! I love when a hotel gives you two firm pillows and 2 soft pillows. The bathroom had granite tops, with a blow dryer and the closet was a great size and had an ironing board and iron. I only had a one night stay, but for the price and area I was extremely impressed and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Springfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way to Florida. After we reserved the room I saw a picture on this site of a guest that had bed bug bites from this hotel. I was really leery to stay here. I asked the desk attendant about it upon arrival and was reassured they had no instances of bed bugs. The beds were clean and comfortable. The furniture was stained and not inviting to use. Food was okay.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kdrrmd
Dickson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed at this Comfort Suites and I was pleasantly surprised at the upkeep of the property. The last time I stayed at any Choice brand hotel, was about 5 years ago, as I had gotten really tired of the dirty hotels with this chain.
I am glad to see this hotel is a great quality and was less expensive than other well-know brands in Murfreesboro. I will be staying here again, if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business