“Pleasantly Surprised”

Best Western Chaffin Inn
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I am a single woman who normally travels alone, and I felt perfectly safe here (given that it's a motel). I had a room with a king-sized bed and it was perfect for one person (would be great for a couple also)...very clean and cozy. It had everything I needed, and I slept great. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank gfinky35

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I slept on the second floor and could see the highway 24 traffic. I could hear the gentle woosh of traffic as it went by but honestly with the air conditioning on I couldn't really differentiate the A/C noise from traffic noise. The 2 Queen size beds, non-smoking room was well equipt with small frig, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, desk & chair, plenty of electrical outlets, and most importantly...LOTS of HOT water for the shower! The bed was comfortable and everything was very clean. Can't ask much more from a hotel. Price...$69.99 plus taxes came out with an $80 bill. I could have found cheaper places but... Didn't really want to stay at some of the places I drove by... you get the picture.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank norske24
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed here on our way to the smokies.we had 2 rooms as my in laws were visiting from the Uk.we arrived early and were able to check in as the rooms had already been cleaned.The check in procedure was quick and painless.We usually stay at best westerns when we are traveling as they are usually clean and well priced and the chaffin inn was no exception.we were visiting friends in town so didn't visit any of the surrounding businesses but you are ideally located of the interstate.all in all a good hotel.If I had one complaint it would be the size of the breakfast area,they tend to be smaller than other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank zman180Littlerock
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Me and a friend stayed here when I came to town for my bachelorette party. Couldn't have been more pleased with this hotel. Check in was quick and painless, the room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I could hear some highway noise, but considering how close we were, it wasn't as bad a some reviews say. Next time I come to Murfreesboro and have to stay at a hotel, it'll definitely be this one.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2012

First stop enroute to destination. Clean, comfortable quiet room close to the interstate. Plenty of restaurant choices for an evening meal. Really enjoyed our stop here. Will definately stay here on next trip through the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel the evening of June 28 (and were going to stay on our return trip 12 days later but changed our minds). Upon arrival we were told that the reservation did not request a room fwith a pet.or our pet. When I made the reservation I indicated that we would have a small pet, needed a king room (for my 6'3" husband) and needed a first floor room )because my husband cannot climb the stairs because of illness). The front desk clerk rudly said that they don't get the special requests made on line and there were no king, first floor rooms available because of the dog. If this is true why is there a special instruction box on the on line reservations? We took a first floor queen room. I ask when the manager would be in she told us that she did not know - the manager did not have set hours and came and went as she pleased. Really? I worked in the hotel business for over 20 years and always knew when the MOD would be there. When I got to the room I looked in the book that talks about the hotel and it said to call the front desk for the wireless passwrod...when I caled the front desk clerk rudely said to look on the key card envelope. It is unfortunate that one person could make an otherwise nice hotel one that we will not return to. The morning desk clerk certainly made up for the evening clerk. He was nice dressed and groomed...the gal that checked us in wore wrinkled clothes and looked like she just wok up (at 8:30 in the evening). The morning clerk should teach the evening clerk GOOD customer service.

Room Tip: If you need anything special make sure you call the hotel - they don't receive the online reques...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KarinB445
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Dear KarinB445,

First, let me thank you for taking the time to post your review of the BEST WESTERN Chaffin Inn in Murfreesboro, Tennessee on TripAdvisor.com. I am sincerely sorry for the misunderstanding concerning your special requests. While we do allow pets in our hotel, we do have specific "Pet Friendly" rooms marked both in our system, BestWestern.com, 1-800-WESTERN, as well as all other Online Travel Sites. While we do attempt to accommodate any special requests such as Ground Floor, etc., we cannot leagally guarantee them unless the room type reserved is for a room type that we only have available on the first floor (i.e. Handicapped Accessible, etc). I am sorry for the misunderstanding and I will speak with both the MOD and the agent in question. The Special requests from certain sites never actually come into our system so we cannot see them, this is the fault of those sites and we have no control over this issue, even though it has been brought to their attention in the past.

Again, my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience, and I wish you safe travels in the future.

Rodney Thompson
General Manager, Director of Operations

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Chaffin Inn for 5 days while attending my niece's wedding. The staff was very helpful and friendly and the service was great. Our room was clean, we had plenty of towels.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family