“Very Average at Least”

Cuisines: Italian
Tucson, Arizona
“Very Average at Least”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I guess we had higher expectations after seeing the other reviews, but was disappointed. The almost empty restaurant should have been a clue. The food was just ok...not very fresh tasting, and it wasn't the most clean place; however our server did try hard to be attentive. With so many other choices to eat at, would recommend trying someplace else.

• Visited July 2013

McMinnville, TN
“Soup, salad and slaw were delicious”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I have frequented this restaurant for a while and I consistently love their white chicken chili and salads. Salad dressings are great (I had the orange vinaigrette). I've been told by others that the sour cream is terrific (though I am not a sour cream fan). On our visit today, a co-worker told me the slaw was the best she had ever had (and she is a grandmother (for age perspective)). Food was terrific, but the reason for missing one star is . . .

The server we had today did miss one part of the order I had specified (but got it right the second time; it was unlimited soup and salad and I had told her to hold the sour cream on my chili). The server was also slow and we had to be back to work; we were slightly late. She did seem friendly, though, and the sodas and teas stayed filled, so I can't dock her much.

Atmosphere is nice with jazz music playing in the background; loud enough that you know it is there, but soft enough not to interfere with your table conversation. A genuine 'wish-I-could-rate-it-6-stars-on-the-Atmosphere-rating'.

Overall a very good visit. It remains on my "Must Eat Here When Visiting Murfreesboro" list.

• Visited April 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Never a disappointing dinner”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have been here several times, however, it had been a while so my wife and I decided to go for dinner. The atmosphere was very nice, seating was comfortable, service was great, and the food was superb. This is not one of busiest restaurants in Murfreesboro anymore, so we didn't have to wait for seating or food. Our waitress made sure we were well taken care of.

• Visited April 2013
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

The service, food, and atmosphere are always consistently great. Menu has a wide range of selections that are never disappointing

• Visited March 2013
Suwanee, Georgia
“Order the asparagus!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This is now our "go-to" place when we visit family in Murfreesboro. Although Puleo's is technically an Italian restaurant, the menu is a delightful variety of dishes from burgers to sandwiches to salads to full entrees. The child's menu provides variety and ample portions for the little ones. Puleo's is a great place to go as a large group so you can share bites. Outstanding entrees were the Boursin Burger, the Shrimp Po'Boy, the salad with Ahi tuna, huge breakfast plates and lasagna.

But THE best thing on the menu is by far the fried asparagus! The first time we went, we had already placed our orders and added the asparagus as an afterthought. It comes in a basket, hot out of the fryer, served with a small portion of avocado sauce and one of honey mustard. Now we order one basket for every 3-4 people. It's that good! Even the three-year old loves it.

The restaurant is located on a main street with plenty of parking. Divided into different areas, the Puleo's can seat couples or huge parties of 10 or more.

Visited May 2012