“Stay anywhere else”

Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Salem, Oregon
“Stay anywhere else”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed July 6th 13, The pictures and comments featured on the companies website must be some other hotel, because this place DOES NOT LOOK that clean or inviting. Our room was Dirty, the walls paper thin as people moved around all night above us. The Pool was locked down like a virgin in Sunday school. We actually chose this place for the pool as it was advertised on Hotels as an amenity. Breakfasts should be more clearly identified what you get at a hotel. This place advertised breakfast, your choice was 3 cereals, artificial orange juice and not so good coffee. The Hotel reservation person was nasty and obtuse. It appeared the rate was very reasonable, but if you have a family and need two beds the price is just shy of a good Best Western. Again, this place was the only one that offered a Pool that of course wasn't available. It appeared this place was the place of choice for Migrant farm workers.

Room Tip: Almost any other place will do.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank HarSeesit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Winneconne, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Yes, the rooms are cheap, But I'd expect a little better of a room than what we got. We were terrified to even get under the covers. I am pretty sure I didn't sleep. We were itchy (good thing our luggage never came in with us). There was blood? spatters on the sheets. The mattresses were full of filth. Pillow had no cover, was just a pillow case over Brown foam that looked like it held bugs.. There was food on the floor from previous guests. The cord for the lamp was taped with electrical tape to fix the problems it had. Toilet wouldn't flush. Door wouldn't lock, so We put the table in front of it. If it wasn't so late at night, we would have left and went somewhere else!! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amanda B

Travellers are raving about these Murfreesboro hotels

Tracy
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband stayed at this hotel on the 29th of Aug 2012. He woke up to bed bugs crawling all over his room. Because my husband is a Pastor and was on the church budget that had already paid for the room he was unable to purchase a new room that night. He tried to call the hotel desk to have his room moved but noone would answer the phone in the middle of the night. He was already eaten up by the bugs at that point and did not sleep the rest of the night. DO NOT stay in these rooms or risk being eaten by bed bugs. We had to throw away his luggage, clothes and personal effects...and now the bites are infected. Wyndam resorts will be hearing from us further on the matter, but until then please don't stay there and risk your health!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Heather K
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Let me begin by saying, in full disclosure, that I am a truck driver. This hotel is a typical trucker motel. No frills, you get what you pay for, but a good nights sleep none the less. The staff was very friendly! Murfreesboro is not exactly the nicest area to begin with, so you can only expect so much! I have no complaints about the room or the property. The WI FI service was a little on the slow side. BUT AGAIN, this is a cheaper motel and the value for what was paid is acceptable in my opinion. SIDE NOTE: Call the hotel to reserve a room directly, they will give you a lower rate then the websites, ect.

Pros: Good Value

Cons: Poor WI FI service.

In comparison to other KNIGHTS INNS, this would rate a 5 out of 10. Overall, rated a 5 out of 10.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TheNighthawkBender
Rolling Meadows
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I wish that this website was around back in 2003 when we stayed there. It was dirty, there was hair everywhere, smells in the room, and a one inch gap under the door, so we could hear people all night talking outside in the parking lot. You would think that the corporate office would do something about this place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Larry S
Lumberton NC
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This motel is an excellent value for lower-budget travelers, but especially notable is the reliability of its wifi service. I've stayed in two different rooms on two different occasions and had no problems. Experienced travelers will know I'm right when I say I have stayed in properties at triple this rate and found the wifi weak or non-existent (despite claims); most annoying is the recent trend at other hotels of restricting bandwidth with usage so that it is impossible to stream a movie. That is NOT true of this location. I have streamed hours and hours of content with no problem.

Kudos to Knights Inn, as I have found this to be true at others of their locations as well - although I HAVE had problems at other more-expensive Wyndham properties.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Gulfport, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I decided to use Travelocity's "top secret" hotel option and book this "2" star hotel for 32 bucks. I thought I was getting a good deal until I saw their billboard on the interstate advertising rooms for $28 dollars. Then, it all goes downhill from here... as soon as I pull into their parking lot with my wife and kids I begin to fear for their safety. I'm wondering if I really got such a great deal after all. As a former police officer I can easily spot the working women and signs of drug dealing in plain sight. After checking in and experiencing the joyful sights and smells of my suite I walked out within 10 seconds and drove to Nashville and got a room at a courtyard by marriott on priceline for just a few more bucks than this dump.

I am 100% convinced that the positive reviews on this site are from employees of this hotel. This hotel is by far the biggest trash hole i have ever experienced. Be warned.

Room Tip: sleep in your car
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family