DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
All reviewsdouble treeburger barcookiesexecutive floorstaff was very friendlybusiness tripvery nice hotelfront desk staffconvenient locationlots of restaurantsshopping and restaurantswould stay againgreat place to staynice stayfree breakfastloriaccommodations
Reviewed 24 October 2011

This hotel (a former Garden Plaza) is still a nice place, although the bathrooms are quite small, the shower head hangs quite low, and other little things need updating to compete with newer hotels. I definitely don't see this as a $100 a night hotel, but the staff was friendly and helpful. The water pressure in the rain-type shower head was impressive. I was also upgraded to the executive floor because of a hotel sell-out and enjoyed appetizers and free breakfast during my stay. All in all, a positive experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
srmmurfreesboro, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

You are the 2nd guest to comment on the great water pressure! I am glad our staff took good care of you and that you enjoyed our Executive Level!

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Be advised,though, that the rooms in this hotel need a little attention -- a fresh coat of paint and wallpaper fixes would help. Regardless, the room was clean and comfortable. Our refrigerator was missing the temperature control knob, but the refrigerator was at a good temperature so we didn't bring it to the staff's attention until the end of our trip. The breakfast buffet (with the bed-and-breakfast rate) was very good. The attached restaurant was also very good and accommodating with special requests due to my daughter's food allergy. The indoor/outdoor pool was maintained at a very comfortable temperature. Best of all, though, was the staff who were very friendly throughout our entire stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am pleased to read that our staff was friendly - it is my priority that our team take good care of our guests!
The hotel is scheduled for several updates in the early part of next year which includes: new bedskirts, new artwork, new carpet, and updated room amenities.
I hope you will stay with us again and see the changes we are making!

Reviewed 18 September 2011

The hotel lobby is very nice but be careful when you get in your room. Our bedskirt was in tatters, the "Sweet Dream" pillow on the bed was filthy had food and I don't know what stains on it. The ottoman had a rip all the way down them middle. And those sheets-so hard an itchy and scratchy. Then the next day they left our filthy glass on the counter with no clean ones. I had had it. When I went to show the manage she LAUGHED! AND, don't ask the desk clerk anything because her drink cup and marking it was SO important. She actually told me to wait to ask her a question because she had to mark her glass and tell everyone else about it! We switched to The Embassy Suites-it's beautiful, wonderfully run, and beats this hotel!

Room Tip: Don't stay there! Go to Embassy Suites
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Please allow me to apologize that our staff did not take better care of you while you were a guest here. Our guest's comments and input are important to us and we do utilize them to make changes when necessary. I have shown your comments to our housekeeping staff and we are doing some "retraining". I have also made some staff changes at our front desk to make sure our guests are treated with the utmost respect.
The hotel has ordered new bedskirts and artwork and will be replacing carpet in early 2012. Please give us a second chance if you find yourself traveling in the Middle Tennessee area.

Reviewed 16 September 2011

We arrived late in the evening (they knew we were going to be late) and after the end of the day the front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. We were hungry and the attached eatery seemed the best choice rather than driving somewhere else While we are not into sports bars ti was a Wednesday and they weren't overly busy. Our server was very accommodating in working out a food allergy problem and the food was reasonably priced and tasty. Back to the room, We opted for a Jr Suite to give us the extra room and were happy with the size. The bed was welcoming and comfortable and we both got a good nights sleep. Water pressure was out of this world and the "rain" type shower head delivered as much hot water was we could ever want. In fact I stayed in the shower longer than I usually do because of the hot water and pressure. The only drawback to the Double tree is the cleanliness. When we arrived at the room it didn't have the fresh smell and there was some fuzz stuff on the floor so it was obvious that it wasn't vacuumed and the furniture had a well worn needed cleaning look. Overall the staff really makes this place with their friendly, helpful attitude. They should be commended for their hard work.

Room Tip: If you want a little extra room the Jr Suite is worth it
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your stay! I was pleased to read that our staff was friendly and that our restaurant staff took great care of you. I have shared your comments with our management team and we are addressing the cleanliness issues you mentioned.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Room was nice and clean. The bed was soft and comfortable. The location is close to several restaurants and shopping such as Wal-Mart and Target. Close to the interstate but not on top of it. The neighborhood seems safe.

• Stayed: September 2011