“Nice and comfortable place to stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Atlanta, GA
“Nice and comfortable place to stay”
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My son and I spent one night here on our way to Mammoth Cave. The hotel is currently in the middle of major renovation, but the workers keep pretty low key. The room we stayed in had a nice and clean bathroom and two very nice beds. The dust in the hallway from the renovation does bother me because I am allergy to it. However, the staffs here provided wonderful service. We have our breakfast at the hotel, it is the best breakfast we have had at the hotel, certainly worth the value. They have a big indoor/outdoor pool with beautiful decoaration. Overall, it is a nice experience.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Dust from the renovation
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank ChristinaF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 17 February 2008

I stayed at this location for a week on business, and the hotel is currently in the middle of major renovation. I want to preface my review that I stayed in a room that had received a partial renovation...it had a very new, nice, clean bathroom and very nice, new furniture/decor.

That said, the carpeting in the room was a bit shabby and was frayed around the edges near the entry door. It looked like it had been cut short of the door threshold. I am told this is to be replaced soon. Also the wallpaper had visible places where (unsuccessful) patches had been made. I am told this is to be replaced as well. There were also several spots where the popcorn ceiling needed to be refinished. I am told this is to be fixed.

The 2nd floor hallways already had the new carpeting down in it and it looks fantastic...very art deco modern looking and a huge contrast to the yucky/cheesy floral carpet that is down in the unrenovated sections. The rooms furnishings and decor were also very art deco and modern looking and the chairs and bed was extremely comfortable. Service is excellent and the room layout was unusual and well thought out.

There were minor inconveniences that go along with renovations (workers in the hallway daily from 8-5), but we were warned before reserving that this would be going on and the staff went above and beyond to keep things manageable.

Hopefully in 5-6 months they will have the renovations completed and everything sorted out; if they do, this will be a great place to stay. They seem to be on the right track. All the right pieces were there, just needed more attention to little details to make it excellent.

• Liked — Renovation decor is very nice
  • Disliked — Much needed renovations in progress
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank caholla
TN
Reviewed 5 January 2008

I was not impressed with the property. The rooms are outdated and the bathroom smelled like urine. The hallways are musky and dim. There are several new hotels in Murfreesboro that I would rather stay. The pool was nice but not enough tables and chairs.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank vacationtime1tn
chatt-town
Reviewed 1 September 2007

my family and i stayed at the double tree in murfressboro in aug for my brother-in-laws wedding. the reception was at the hotel and when it was over my daughter and i went up to our room(we had danced all night). due to the fact the they had a lounge in the hotel my husband was able to socilize with the new members of his family. which was great. the indoor pool was nice but the hot tub was not working correctly. the rooms were very spacious and anytime we needed something the hotel staff was very nice to accomodate our needs. we will stay here again........its also good to be greeted with warm cookies.

• Liked — restaurant, pool, staff
  • Disliked — hot tub not working
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank honeysdarling
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 14 July 2007

After reading the reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor and being a member of Hilton Honors, I booked a 6 night stay. However, this hotel does not live up to the standards of Hilton. It is in dire need of updating. I can deal with the need for updating IF the hotel is clean. It is NOT. The carpets are filthy, not only in the rooms but in the public areas as well. Even the hallways were not vacuumed daily. The build up of dirt along the walls indicated they had not been cleaned or vacuumed in a very long time. The rooms are dark and dingy. The wallpaper in my room was peeling. Housekeeping gave the room a cursory cleaning and I was lucky if the coffee supplies were replenished. One day my room wasn't cleaned at all. A colleague staying at the hotel said they put new lids on her used glasses. My bathroom faucet was loose and ready to fall out, as was the bar in the bathtub which fell out continually. I ordered a microwave which I never received. I had arrived late at night and unpacked. It wasn't until the next day that I realized the extent of the deplorable conditions. Due to my very tight schedule, I was unable to pack, check out and find a new hotel.

On the plus side, the staff was very nice except for the young man who, when I asked for paper for the printer in the business center and he doled out a few sheets to me, was annoyed when I asked for more.

There are new hotels in the Murfreesboro area (Hampton and Comfort Inns). I will definitely look into those for my next trip.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hotel Cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank katmarjam
northern lower Michigan
Reviewed 22 April 2007

This hotel was beautiful and comfortable. I liked everything about it and enjoyed being here completely. It was definitely worth the money.

• Liked — the overall high quality
  • Stayed March 2006, travelled solo
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 2 March 2007

A wonderful safe place for a tired traveler. Room decor was most special. Bed really comfortable and indoor/outdoor pool a real treat.. Front dest staff helpful and efficient. i'd stay here again in a minute...AAA rate made this property a true bargain in comparison to the other interstate motels in the area. Breakfast buffet was first rate. A really great place to stay.

• Liked — all aspects of motel
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple