“Management/Corporate mistake”

DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My daughter's post wedding arrangements were not fullfilled. She was upset that many of her wedding guests had had nowhere to gather at the hotel. She had arranged with corporate to have the bar remain open and a meeting room be made available. Neither arrangement was relayed to the night manager.Many of your guests were unhapppy. My daughter Laura Sue Pierce needs an apology. Michael Pierce

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank michaelpY8323FR
sandraroberson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments. I apologize that we did not keep the bar open after hours. I have been in contact with your new son-in-law and he has very graciously allowed me to make up for our mistake.

My apologies to you and your family.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

It was a pleasant stay other than the air conditioned didn't work they brought me a fan which wasn't put together right and fell apart then the air-conditioned was taken apart while I was in the room then the old air conditioner was full of water and leaked all over the floor the people were great but the room smelled like wet carpet before I got there other than that it was a comfortable stay...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Moises L

I am very sorry you were allowed to stay in a room that sounds as if should not have been rented.

Your comments will be shared with our engineering and front desk teams in an effort to keep situations such as this from happening in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My stay at the Double Tree was for a best friends wedding and was not what we expected. There were several of us from both in state and out of state staying to celebrate this great day with our friends. We were promised to have the bar area open on Saturday night which did not happen and were basically told to take the wedding party else where. We tried to talk to the staff and get a conference room or some where secluded as we did not want to offend other guests and no help was given. I stay at hiltons for buisness more than pleasure and this was was the worst experience so far.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harrison C

I apologize we did not keep the bar open after hours for your group. The groom has been very gracious in allowing me to make this right for him and his new bride.

Sincerely

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Family and I were traveling through town and decided to stop here for the night to rest. Overall the hotel has an old feel to it, but I would not call it run down. The rooms were large, bed was comfy, but there was a lot of noise that carried through the walls, windows, and doors. my wife and I were woken a few times through the night from people talking or doors closing.

There is an onsite restaurant that recently opened called the Burger bar. The burger I got was great, my wife ordered a salad which was basically a pile a lettuce and very few toppings. So order a burger if you go.

If I were passing through town again, I'd probably stay elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Civil

Thank you for sharing comments from your stay. I apologize for the noise of other guests and for the poor quality of the salad. I will share your comments with our Chef as well as our overnight Security Company.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Have been going to Doubletree for 11 years (2 or more times a year). It is the best. Great staff, the best. All ways helpful to disabled veterans from all over the country. I would tell anyone to stay at Double Tree hotels.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Your group is one of our favorites and we always look forward to spending time with you all!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

From the Front Desk to Housekeeping the service we received was excellent. The housekeeping staff took care of our room and the front desk was real good and very helpful. They had complementary coffee in the lobby and also water bottles behind the front desk. The free cookies were also very tasty and warm.

1  Thank Lawrence M

Thank you! I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind comments in regards to our staff.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My stay was refreshing! The staff was very accommodating and this made the stay much more out of the norm for me. The facilities were clean and immaculately maintained. The room was very quiet, even on the second floor facing the parking lot. Towels were fresh. Pool was relaxing. Restaurant was convenient and the prices were not outrageous like at equivalent hotels. This hotel is a must for any weary business or leisure traveler to the Murfreesboro area. A+++.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the awesome review! I will share your comments with our team. We hope to have you back soon.