“Still love those cookies!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First time in a Doubletree for quite some time. Was pleasantly surprised at check-in when I received my hot cookie. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The equipment in the workout area was sparce and the space tight but good enough for my workout. The folks were very friendly and the location great. I was there on business and will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2014
sandraroberson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the hot fresh cookies! I am sorry my staff did not tell you of the partnership we have with Planet Fitness, located withing walking distance of the hotel. Guests can work out for free at their full service facility.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel was pleasant to stay in and the location was excellent to get to the things I needed to do. I have a hobby of viewing Civil War battlefields and I managed to get to a few in a short amount of time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing comments from your stay. I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding area. The Stones River National Battlefield is truly something that shouldn't be missed when travelling in Middle Tennessee!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Everyone was friendly and welcoming upon our arrival. The warm cookies offered at check-in were delicious. Everything we needed was readily available. The room was comfortable and spacious. The pool, which the grandchildren loved, was unique and the water warm and inviting. Plenty of towels were available. All in all a great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am very happy you and your family enjoyed your stay. The indoor / outdoor pool is definitely a plus when travelling with children - they love it!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The accommodations were overall good, but the friendly and helpful staff far exceeded my expectations. They made the stay even more enjoyable and relaxing. Rooms were updated and nice and had excellent views of the city, with exception of a/c unit that seemed a bit outdated.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Compared to other hotels in that area price was ok. Same rating for the room and hotel. I did NOT test the gym and pool (inside and outside). Might get a better rating then. Room was fine for me, but little bit "old" (not dirty!). Breakfast was something I did not try a second time, as it was just some eggs, sausage and bread. Will pick another hotel next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations as is our goal. The breakfast that is served in the restaurant off the lobby offers a full menu as well as a buffet with over 9 hot items, made in house granola and pastries as well as various cereals and yogurts.
I am sorry my staff did not point you in the right direction for the full breakfast offering.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights, most likely will not stay again. I stayed here several times last year during the week and it was always clean and easy. This time it was full I guess? Parking was harder to find a space, had a couple of lines at the lobby desk, and housekeeping was still cleaning on rooms late into the evening. Refrigerator did not work, towels were very late being replaced, smelled like smoke some, and had to go search out a roll of TP.
Never noticed pets before but this time there were pets everywhere it seemed. Heard one yelping thru the wall, one urinated in the lobby, etc.
Room was quiet considering so no issues there. This hotel is usually a little bit cheaper than the Hampton or Embassy that are close by. A lot of hotels in the area, even if you want to stay at the same price point, there are a few options to look at that are close by.

Room Tip: Off the road so no real "bad" rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your stay. I sometimes have to rely on our guest's input to make changes when necessary.

I apologize for our lack of attention to detail when replacing amenities in your room each day and I also apologize for the issues you faced with neighboring pets.
We are in the process of evaluating if we will continue to allow pets. I will certainly take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I expected better from Double Tree. We checked in at 8 pm and waited in the room 15 minutes for housekeeping to finish. Mold around the tub was very gross. Our puppy found a perscription pill on the floor and was chewing on it. The room next door was very loud too. Ac did not cool well. The bed was comfortable though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amos B

I apologize that we let you down and for the poor condition of the room. I hope you will contact me so that I may try and make up for our mistakes during your stay.