“Great place, great service, great value.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 27 October 2009

This was the second year to go to the Doubletree for our ladies retreat. The staff at Doubletree is excellent. Very polite and professional. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Catering staff is wonderful to work with. It is not easy to please a group of over 50 women but they do it with ease. Hotel is close to shopping and restaurants. We work with a tight budget for our retreats and always get our moneys worth at the Doubletree. Warm cookie at check-in is a bonus.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 July 2009

We travelled to town with a girl's softball team. We arrived late and were very tired. The front desk staff was so welcoming, they had our keys ready along with milk and cookies! The rooms were wonderful and the bedding was so inviting and comfortable. We had a great night's rest. Having a refrigerator in the room was also nice, we were able to keep our bottled water cold and ready for the next day's heavy game schedule. After participating in tournament play all day on Saturday, we arrived back at the hotel tired and cranky. The warmth and graciousness of the front desk staff was so refreshing. The girls changed out of their uniforms and into their bathing suits immediately. The pool was great! The ability to swim from the inside pool underneath and into the outside pool was a treat. After their time in the pool, the girls spent time in Fanatics restaurant playing Wii and a couple games of pool. Again, the staff was so friendly and the food was served very quickly which was appreciated since we were all nearing exhaustion. The burgers, wings and wraps were delicious. I would highly recommend this hotel when traveling to Murfreesboro!!!

• Stayed: March 2009
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive comments! We look forward to seeing you back next year.

Sandra Miller

Reviewed 3 July 2009

we stayed here for one night . we wanted to be close to home because our daughter is young and we were not sure if she would be ok away from both parents. that said. the room is small and odd shaped. bed is comfy with lots of pillows. pool was freezing not heated and hot tub was out of order. several loose tiles and some dirt inside the pool. breakfast was great. lots to choose from and fresh. ask about specials. we had free breakfast and chocolate covered strawberries with chilled wine at checkin. hotel is showing its age but I hear that some remodeling has been done and we may stay again. staff is friendly and the hot cookies at check in were yummy.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
sandramiller, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Murfreesboro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2009

Thank you so much for your comments! Our team is dedicated to providing our guests with the best accommodations and service in Murfreesboro! Since your stay with us last August, we have made some updates, one of those being a complete remodel of the indoor/outdoor pool area. We hope that if you are traveling in the Middle Tennesse area again, you will choose to stay with us.

Sandra Miller

Reviewed 7 June 2009

I made reservations at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting family in Murfreesboro. The hotel is pretty non-descript from the outside, but inside is great! The rooms aren't the typical shape, they are sort of angled. The room must have been redecorated recently. Room is furnished nicely and oh what a great bed! My room was spotless. The most impressive thing about this hotel is the friendliness of the staff. Everyone we came in contact with were so nice. Hotel has a sports bar for its restaurant. Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2009

As I checked in this hotel on Memorial Day, other guests came to the front desk, asking why their rooms had not been cleaned and made up. The front desk clerk told them that as this was a holiday, there were no housekeeping staff working that day! That response was not well received, and ultimately the front desk manager (?) and a waitress (?) made up the room for the guests. It took three attempts to get a key made which would work on the elevator and open my room door.

My room was made up when I checked in, but showed signs of housekeeping oversight. For example, the travel magazine in my room was disgusting; I have no idea what it had been used for. I had a nice variety of toiletries, but no shampoo. An almost full soft drink bottle was left in the refrigerator, presumably from a previous guest.

The hotel is convenient; rooms are nice, and the staff -- all three of them on Memorial Day -- were friendly and helpful in every way possible. But I've stayed at lots of hotels (Hilton Gold) and I've never before encountered a hotel open for business with no housekeeping staff. This is the second Doubletree in which I've stayed this year, and both were severely understaffed. I doubt I'll try my luck again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Seibert
Reviewed 10 October 2008

Check-in was without any problems. We were staying on points and would have been upgraded to a suite if we were paying cash. The room was large and very clean and inviting.

When I read another person's review about the remodeling I called the hotel and was told they had not remodeled recently. Maybe the person I talked to was new, but I didn't see any signs of any remodeling going on at the present time.

The only weird thing was that there wasn't any COLD water. Even with the sink and shower faucet turned all the way to cold the water was still warm. Not a big deal, but a little strange.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Mike3412
Reviewed 7 April 2008

My son and I spent one night here on our way to Mammoth Cave. The hotel is currently in the middle of major renovation, but the workers keep pretty low key. The room we stayed in had a nice and clean bathroom and two very nice beds. The dust in the hallway from the renovation does bother me because I am allergy to it. However, the staffs here provided wonderful service. We have our breakfast at the hotel, it is the best breakfast we have had at the hotel, certainly worth the value. They have a big indoor/outdoor pool with beautiful decoaration. Overall, it is a nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ChristinaF