“Don't stay here!”
Review of Scottish Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Murfreesboro
Scottish Inn
Ranked #36 of 37 Hotels in Murfreesboro
Reviewed 3 March 2008

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in! The staff was seemingly pleasant at first, but less than helpful after checking in. I walked into my room and the floor sloped dramatically downward as if all the wood in the floor was rotted and sagging. I stepped into the restroom, and it felt as if the linoleum had been laid over an unmended hole in the floor. The ceiling sagged from obvious water damage from the room above mine. The window unit AC/heat was loud and ineffective - I only left it on to block out the highway and train noise since there was no weather stripping around the door or windows to muffle this noise. And if the hotel room wasn't bad enough, when I checked out the manager accused me of having pets in my room. When I said I do not own any pets, she proceeded to argue with me and accused me of lying! Some old, rundown hotels have redeeming qualities such as good location or very clean or exceedingly helpful staff. This rundown hotel has NO redeeming qualities!

Stayed: February 2008

Reviewed 19 December 2007

The reason we stayed in this hotel was because it was the lowest price we could find (2 people/ 2 full beds / <$40).

The room was filthy. My bed was broken and made noise when you sat on it or moved on it. The bedspreads were visibly dirty as was the chair by the table at the window. There was a moldy smell in the bathroom. The lights in the room either didn't work or were so dim that the room couldn't be completely lit. I think this was probably a good thing, because if I saw the room in full light, I might have preferred to sleep in the car.

There was a free breakfast in the morning which included milk, cereal, coffee, juice, and cakes/rolls. For a few bucks more, I think there are cleaner choices very near.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank mrkevin
A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviewed 29 March 2006

Our room was disgusting. We were traveling throughout Georgia and Tennessee visiting Civil War sites. Since there was a special event in Murfreesboro, we had no other choices but to get one of the last rooms at the Scottish Inn. It was disgusting; there was extensive mold in the bathroom and feces (yes, feces) smeared on the wall in the bathroom! And we were charged $65.88 for the privelege to sleep in that disgusting room. We didn't sleep well that night and couldn't wait to get out of there! It was room 109. Gag!!

Stayed: March 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Tennessee
Reviewed 10 December 2002

The worst room I have ever been in. The rooms were never cleaned, no towels, sink leaked. And don't even ask for towels from the front desk. Again, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member