“We arrived late afternoon and Richard( the inn owner) welcomed us with a sweet smile.”

and 1 more site!
Starlight Pines B&B
Ranked #3 of 11 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Each room has it,s own character , very nice bathroom with a beautiful old antique tub and a shower.Very nice neighborhood , just minutes from downtown flagstaff. Parking ,wi fi and a nice porch. Richard was very helpful. As for breakfast, it was unique, you can have it anytime in the morning if you want to leave early ,just ask Richard. You feel you are at home and not in an inn.
Thank you Richard for your hospitality

Room Tip: You feel downtown, but you are in residential neighborhood. Close to Route 66!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Needed to get away from the scorching heat of the desert and where did I go? Where else but to a nice nice little getaway in the cool pines of Flagstaff, AZ where everyone should go! Starlight Pine B&B, of course. Stayed a couple of nights and had a wonderful time. Slept in the Peacock Room this time around where it felt light I was sleeping in the past with its historic decor of the early to mid-1900s. Bedroom accommodating enough for a family of four. Quiet enough to lull you into a restful slumber only to be awaken by an early morning sunrise and an occasional chirping of a couple of local birds. There is nothing like the great smell of a good pot of coffee brewing and a great breakfast to start your day off right. There is no corporate feel like you normally get in a hotel with a continental breakfast but a complimentary sit down served breakfast that is fit for nobility. There is also that international feel around the breakfast table when you get to meet and socialize with fellow wanders from as far away as Europe and from those who are from the Pacific Rim.

Richard continues to amaze me with his gifts and talents of hospitality and customer services professionally and yet still makes one feel like they are home personally. All in all it is my choice and it should be everyone's choice for a home away from home if travelling through the southwest. Its worth it and you'll not have regrets. My hats off to you Richard and keep up that wonderful work.

Aloha & mahalo nui loa, jt

Room Tip: Best to make reservations as soon as you can but if caught with an impulse to get away from it all f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Starlight Pines this past weekend. The bed was amazingly comfortable. I stayed in the "Peacock Room". The decor of the house is done in the turn of the 20th century and the Peacock Room has beautiful stained glass light fixtures and a huge bathroom with an antique tub fit for royalty. It all makes you feel like you have stepped into the past but with all the modern amenities of today. The morning greets you with light filtered through the pine trees. Down stairs in the dining room, the coffee is on and Richard prepares a delightful morning meal. We were treated to a bowl of fresh fruit topped with whipped cream for our first course and delicious french toast for our main course. The atmosphere is homey and comforting. I will definitely be staying there again. Loved it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are decorated differently. Each has their own theme. I am looking forward to staying i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I stayed for 3 days and were very impressed with the whole experience. Richard and Michael (and Baxter) are terrific hosts and the house itself is beautiful. We stayed in the Lily room, with a private balcony giving us a marvelous view of the mountains to the north. The room was very nicely put together and had it's own private bathroom. I think, but I am not sure, that they all do...

The breakfast part of the B&B was a very new thing to us and we truly enjoyed the effort that was put into putting together the elegant and tasty start to our days. If you happen to be there on a french toast day, I think you should consider yourself very luck indeed :)

If you are staying in Flagstaff, Starlight Pines should be on the top of your wishlist for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Thank you Richard for your great hospitality and conversations when I checked in and over breakfast - since I was your only guest and you had breakfast with me! I know why I continue to choose Starlight Pines for my place to stay when visiting or passing through Flagstaff for the night! I hope to see you during the summer to escape the heat here in Phoenix!

Room Tip: Dragonly with wood burning fireplace!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Thanks Michel and Richard for an awesome experience staying at your place. There is no doubt I would like to come back to Flagstaff, Arizona and stay at Starlight Pines with your great rooms, services and breakfast. I won't forget the great rooms you have with different theme. I love the bathtub, and beds very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stay just about every 3 months when passing through Flagstaff. We return because its a great place to relax and rejuvinate. The hosts are wonderful and the breakfast is great! Cant wait to be back in 3 months!.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business