“Nice old hotel in downtown Flagstaff”
Review of Hotel Monte Vista

Hotel Monte Vista
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Pasadena, California
“Nice old hotel in downtown Flagstaff”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

OK. Our room was named for Michael Stipe and R.E.M. That's great to start. This is an old downtown hotel with not one, but two bars. Good restaurants nearby. Room was comfortable and quiet. Staff was helpul. Enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Hotel is block from the Amtrak station, so you hear the trains but was convenient for us because we got in late on the train and started overnight to get a rental car the next day.

Did not stay late enough to eat breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012
Moreno Valley, California, Usa
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I saw the photos on their website. Looked like a nicely rrestored old hotel. I've stayed in others that were nice. Hotel Monte Vista is a mess. Room 222to has a queen bed shoved in a corner,a piece or plywood nailed to the wall for a table, the sink in the bedroom, a moldy shower with the drain partly under the wall, no lid on the toilet, paint peeling from the walls. I can go on. I have complained at checkout. They blamed Sara for giving me a known bad room when the hotel was not full. Look at the negative reviews and believe them. I'm also posting photos of the room.l

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Larry M

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This hotel is right in downtown Flagstaff and within walking distance to restaurants, shops and bars. There is a coffee bar in the lobby as well as a bar. The service is great and the room is very clean. It is just an older building so if you don't appreciate the charm of an old hotel, this is not the place for you. We enjoy the quirky architecture and historic relevance of the building and will probably stay here again when we visit Flagstaff. This is our second stay at the Monte Vista.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aznorran
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Three of us stayed just the one night here (in the Presidential Suite - two rooms, shared bathroom) and loved it. The location doesn't come much better, staff were very friendly, the room clean and tidy, and the building itself just wonderful. It's a little shabby (for want of a better word) due to it's age, but has such fantastic character that any shabbiness just contributes to the overall feeling.

We had some (er, a lot) of drinks in the bar, which had a superb acoustic duo playing, and had a brilliant time (great selection of beers on tap. Which I regretted the next morning). As a nice little bonus we were given a sheet of paper that listed all the ghost stories connected with the hotel, one of was in our room (didn't hear anything but suspect that was due to said beer).

I'd definitely stay here again - and not just for one night.

There is parking around the back.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Sean, the manager of Hotel Monte Vista, not only would not credit me for a parking ticket which I incurred because of the ineptitude of Sara, a newly hired hotel clerk (she gave me a parking voucher that was only good for two hours and never told me I had to park in their parking lot for any longer stays), but also would not even talk to me on the phone to explain why nor reply to my email (yeah, probably because he knew he was morally and ethically wrong for not crediting my bill for the $33 ticket). BAD, BAD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!!!! Thanks to BofA's credit department for giving me credit for it because I am a long-standing good customer!

Room Tip: Don't give them cash!!!
Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank alyce l
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We have stayed at the Monte Vista several times while in Flagstaff. It is a funny, quirky place which we have enjoyed but can understand other visitors not being as easily entertained as we are. The Rendezvous Bar, located on the first floor corner of the hotel and looking out at the stores in the old part of Flagstaff, is a beauty! " A coffee bar by day and a martini bar by night" pretty much describes it. Something for everyone. Great views, good traffic, good service and a great martini ( Bombay Safire on the rocks, very dry, a lemon twist). What is not to enjoy. When we were in Flagstaff this past week for one night, we didn't stay at the Monte Vista but did make time to spend an hour in the Rendezvous.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple