“Good deal- no frills”
Review of Hotel Monte Vista

Hotel Monte Vista
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We had a two bedroom sweet with another couple. We all shared one bathroom but it was only 89 bucks for the night! We had the John Wayne suite. This means there are a couple of posters in the room to give it a John Wayne theme. Nothing very impressive. The view is crap. They didn't give us enough towels. The woman at the counter couldn't seem to understand basic questions about parking or directions. I think she might have been high. However, there are a couple of bars in the facility and it's great place to start and end a night on the town.

Room Tip: ha- good luck. It's random.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JamesandMeagan
There are newer reviews for Hotel Monte Vista

Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

We had an ab fab time for 2 nts whilst staying for a grand canyon tour..bar and staff great..atmosphere enjoyable..central and friendly..value for money in the corner suite..Swadee Thai restaurant across road a plus..

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Ok, so let me put it straight. Although from Europe, I've been coming to Phoenix for many years, and NEVER was I asked or told that my European ID is not valid (for ordering alcohol) as a form of identification, and that I need a valid passport instead. For this reason we were denied the entrance by the security at the door.

We asked for the general manager as we felt that this was not a fair decision, as we simple wanted to enjoy our night in Flagstaff. Let me mention that we are 36yrs old, and we look like 40. I was expecting from a General Manager to act in a decent and smart way, as expected from someone at that level. However, he was very unpleasant and rude, and simple told us to "get the f...ck out of there or he will call the security"..even after we said that we only want to order a COKE if we can't get alcohol...I mean maybe we were wrong and they really can only accept Passport instead of ID's, but the General Manager could have behaved in a nicer way...Nothing more, nothing less...

Afterwards we went to another place and incredibly the security at the door did not have any problems with our ID's and let us in with no problems...He made an exception...and this is what I am talking about......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Maxximus99
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed up here a couple weeks ago. I had stayed at another older hotel near by just a couple months previous so it was easy to make comparison. This hotel was much more enjoyable. The female at the front desk was not overly friendly by any means but the bartenders were great and totally made up for it! They have kept this hotel up very well. And yes! It's old! Don't stay here if you want a modern cookie cutter hotel! It is the perfect location for all the wonderful restaurants and shops in downtown. The bathroom was clean, a super plus! Inexpensive and worth every penny.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Nicole J
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I tend to like boutique hotels with personality so for a little more you can stay here and avoid chain hotels. Every room is different and the hotel has lots of history. Rooms can have private bathroom or shared, I always choose private and they are ok. Average cleanliness, could be better but beds are comfortable, sheets are soft and tv and heater work great. I have stayed here for 3rd time and will continue to come back :)

Room Tip: old building try to choose top floor, elevator works perfect
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

If you are looking for old, quaint, convenient and plain old comfy without the new glitter then this is your hotel. It definitely isn't new and it's not going to be quiet as it's in the middle of downtown with a bar on the first level. If you want quiet, new, pristine and convenient parking then the Holiday Inn is down the street. Parking isn't great, but that's typical of any downtown area. We love being able to go have a few drinks and then walk back to the hotel. It's conveniently located close to restaurants and a hop skip from Snowbowl. We have never had a problem with the service. We checked in today and our toilet wasn't working correctly and we called downstairs. They showed up about 10 minutes later and were very apologetic. Granted they aren't super smiley but the again you aren't stating at a 5 star hotel.

If you want to experience old and quaint with a bit of noise then this is the place for you!

If you want quiet and new go somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Falling4Snow
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here. Enjoyed learning the history of the hotel. Check in was easy and room was very comfortable. Staff was very nice and enjoyed relaxing in the bar. This is an old hotel so be prepared to accept the charming but older accommodation.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business