“Great place!”

Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
tempe, az
“Great place!”
Reviewed 19 March 2008

My boyfriend and I live in Phoenix and wanted a romantic snowy getaway for Valentine's Day so we booked the Honeymoon Suite (21) at the B&B. The experience was great.

The staff was very friendly both on the phone and in person.
The room was bigger than it looked online and was very neat and clean.
The bed was very comfortable.
The location was nice and woodsy, away from the highway and train noise.

We stayed 2 nights and the time went by quickly. We were going to go sledding at a public park while we were there but discovered a great sledding hill right next to the B&B! A few kids were enjoying it too but there was plenty of room for all of us.
There was a fireplace in the room and they supplied duraflame logs. It didn't bring any heat into the room but it added a nice touch anyway.

The breakfast served was simple but tasty. Fresh fruit, muffins, cereal or oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs and juice and coffee. So nothing cooked really but it was fine.

My only complaints would be that it was a little chilly at night, although we slept fine. And the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom was a bust. We tried to fill it up following their directions but the water was too cold. Maybe it would be better in the summer.

We walked by the cabins and they looked very nice from the outside anyway. Next time we visit we will stay in one of the cabins. We wanted to this time but they had a 3 night minimum because it was a holiday weekend (presidents day) and we could only stay 3 nights.

If you're looking for something away from the noisy trains and downtown Flagstaff but still want to be close enough to everything, this is a great place to stay.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — jacuzzi didn't really work
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
AZ
Reviewed 24 April 2006

We stayed in Cabin #5 and found the Arizona Mountain Inn to be lovely. The staff was very friendly and the grounds were beautiful. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and well kept. Our only complaint would be the shower, the shower curtain wraps around you.

• Stayed April 2006
5 Thank Mikesgirl2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 August 2005

I really didn't think this place was all that bad. I live in Phoenix and there are very few cabin rental places up in Flagstaff so I'm not as critical as the other reviewers. I loved the little kitchen, wood burning stove, and our porch. I went for a run in the woods nearby and we had a good time playing horseshoes in the kiddie park they have near the office. Yes the pillows and bedding are rather old - so perhaps next time I'd bring my own but they weren't so old to stop me from coming back up there. I'd agree that the bathroom doors really are bizarre- and you do hear everything the other person is doing - so there is a blatant lack of privacy. But again, this didn't bother us that much - we found the place delightful and were prepared for rusticness - these are cabins - not the Sheraton!!!

I loved being outside of Flagstaff close to Lake Mary Road - there are some scenic drives and lakes nearby. You can then go into town and browse around too. It's a nice mix.

• Stayed April 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 30 May 2005

Based on a previous review, it was with some trepidation i reserved a room at the Arizona Mountain Inn. Our goal was to be out of the Phoenix and the heat for a day or two. We stayed in suite 24, a set of rooms on top of the lodge. The layout of the rooms accommodated the dormers and was most appropriate for a family group. The rooms were clean and airy. The decor a bit fussy. The real advantage here is the setting back in the trees with direct access into the forest. The room was cool, quite and the beds were good. The breakfast was cold but included a fresh fruit bowl. Our table looked again, out into the forest. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2005
5 Thank archana
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 11 January 2005

I just came back from a trip to Flagstaff and stayed at the Arizona Mountain Inn. I went with 4 other adults (2 couples and a single adult). We stayed in Cabin 12, which is posted as being able to accommodate 3-6 people. And while 6 people could sleep in Cabin 12, 6 people cannot really be accommodated.

The layout of the cabin was a living room with a wood burning stove, a dining area, and very, very small kitchen. There was a loft above the living area and two bedrooms in the back, and a bathroom that will be discussed below.

My first and biggest complaint was the bathroom. First of all it is situated between the two back bedrooms. This could be ok, if they had decided to use real doors. Instead they have the pocket doors, but they are not attached at the bottom, so the people staying in the bedrooms got to hear everything. Also, the person staying in the loft had to enter one of the bedrooms in order to use the restroom. This was pretty inconvenient in the middle of the night.

My second complaint was the lack of heat. There is a heater, but it is located right next to the wood burning stove. This meant the living room, kitchen, and loft got very warm, however the back bedrooms were so cold I had to wear a hat to bed the first night. Once I realized that I would just have to sleep with the door open in order not to freeze (it was 20 degrees one night), things were better. But of course that meant less privacy.

My last big complaint was the noise level. Between hearing everyone go to the bathroom, the heater which made loud banging noises every time it came on, and the water heater making noises knocking noises - no one had a good night's sleep the entire time. We were like walking zombies during the day.

Other issues were that everything is so old, the sheets had holes in them, the bathroom was musty, and the pillows were horrible. The good points of the cabin were that once I accepted my lack of privacy (by the third day), I was able to enjoy the fireplace and the pretty scenery. Also, the management at the place is very friendly and responsive.

17 Thank esg510