“Beautiful forested property..large, clean, well-stocked cabins..playground..perfect!”

Arizona Mountain Inn & Cabins
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 25 June 2010

june 2010 was our first visit to az mountain inn, after visiting several az cabin locations, and we absolutely loved it. the property is very quiet and peaceful with tall pines and adjacent trails, sand volleyball, outdoor ping pong, and a fort and playground for the little ones. the cabin was perfect - large, but well-stocked, very clean and comfortable. lots of space for kids to run and play just outside cabin. large picnic table, grill, outdoor chairs provided. great proximity to flagstaff activities - we visited lowell observatory, lake mary, and sunset crater as easy, half-day trips. easily accessible from phoenix and close to i-17, but feels very remote once on the property. we had a wonderful time and will definitely return in 2011!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 June 2010

Very wonderfull property and alot of old fashion fun things to do...very close to every other comfort and food you would require...very quiet and relaxing...Rustic and refreshing... It was awesome to have a fenced in yard for our boxer pup to explore...wow that black crow thought he owned the place...probably does...lol Thanks again you guys rocked the mountain...Arizona Mountain inn ...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2010

My husband and I make it a point to return to the Arizona Mountain Inn every year. The location is perfect and we can bring our dog..What more can you ask for..The owners and employees are very accommodating..they couldn't do enough to make our trip more enjoyable..If you are looking for a weekend getaway this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We stayed at the Arizona Mountain Inn in February and couldn’t have asked for more special accommodations. We had a small family reunion of about 25 people. The Hogan was the cabin we gathered in to have all of our family functions including meals. It was great! We also rented Cabin 1, 14 and 15. (Cabin 1 is my personal favorite.)

My husband and I have stayed at the Inn one other time in a smaller cabin, so I was amazed to see the variety of cabins they offer. I think their web site is very thorough and provides a ton of information that helped us while plan for our reunion. I had a few other questions that I didn’t see on the Web site and the girl I spoke to in the office was very helpful and friendly. Their rates wer very reasonable especially compared to just a ‘standard’ hotel room. There was a ton of snow there and everyone loved the sledding hill. There were snowmen everywhere! I’d definitely recommend the Inn for any time of year (last time we stayed it was in the summer), but all that snow really made it special! I can’t think of anything negative about the Inn except I wished we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebox1
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I stayed at the AZ Mountain Inn many times throughout college and really enjoyed it. Years later, I took my fiance for a visit. We fell so in love with Flagstaff, we decided to have our wedding there the next year. We were married in one of the nearby national parks and stayed in cabin #5 for the wedding and honeymoon. In fact, we cooked our wedding steaks on the little grill outside the cabin and had our wedding dinner in cabin #2 (where my parents stayed). We have a lot of fond memories at the Inn.

Reading these comments I had to chuckle a little. This place is old, no doubt. The furniture is a little dated, the sheets a little worn. Obviously they are not pouring tons of money into the place. I'm not upset that they aren't because if they were, if the cabins were nicer with all the touches of class 1) it would be so popular we'd never get a reservation 2) it wouldn't be the same.

We stay here because at night we can light the little fireplace, open the bizarre "window" from the bathroom into the living room, rest in the spa tub and watch the fire with a glass of bubbly. We don't have cable, internet, phone, to muck with. We are peacefully alone and unplugged in the wilderness. And if our socks get a little dirty and we see a few spiders - well, we're in a cabin, folks. In the middle of the woods. Not the Waldorf Astoria.

If you like comfort and luxury- go elsewhere. You will be miserable. If you are looking for a private little getaway, a place to crash after hiking the local national parks, without much to go on but rustic charm, this is the spot.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank astro17
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We stayed at the AMI cabins several times about five years ago and were looking forward to our return. The good news is not much has changed, but that is the bad news as well.

The cabin we stayed in was filthy. You could not walk around without shoes on for less than five minutes without your feet turning black. Inside. The entire cabin was in desperate need of cleaning. For the rate we payed, in excess of $500 for two nights, the minimum I would expect is a clean room.

Overall, the scenery is the only positive. However, the amount of development around the property is starting to be significant enough to detract from the remote nature that we previously enjoyed. I will other accommodations next time I am in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ThisIsBlank
Reviewed 18 July 2009

The positive first: Private!!! Dogs Welcomed!!! Laundry room until 8pm.!!!

We knew there was no A/C however we had no idea it was gonna be so HOT in the cabin, it was very uncomfortable we even considered leaving early we stayed 4 days! The fans just didnt cut it, we went in July.

Would not recommend for families with children, Not much for the kids to do. The park needs to be updated it is the old metal playground equip from the 1970s! There is no wifi access which we didnt think would be an issue but was especially since we needed access to find things to do in the area, get directions, and locate where to eat or grocery stores!

We stayed in Cabin 6 and it was a bit cramped for us, 2 adults, 5 yr old child and 1 yr old child.

We were not too impressed with the staff, not very helpful about the area when asked questions, no mail svc etither, so if you want to mail something like a post card or what have you...you need to go into Flagstaff.

Our refridge didnt work well either, our ice cream melted into soup!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family