“Wrost Custmor Care”

Arizona Snowbowl
Ranked #12 of 104 things to do in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located on the majestic San Francisco Peaks, the Arizona Snowbowl lies 14 miles outside of Flagstaff. IN WINTER, join us for skiing and riding over our 777 acres, 40+ trails, and 2,300 vertical feet. The ski area's snowmaking capabilities offer season's opening in mid-November through mid-April for all skill levels. IN SUMMER, the Scenic Chairlift shuttles riders to the top of Arizona (11,500 feet/ 3,500 m). Join us for a round of disc golf, go on a hike and treat yourself to lunch with a view at Agassiz Lodge Restaurant.
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wrost Custmor Care”
Reviewed 24 October 2010

SKY Ride at flagstuff was wrost experience I had in all tourist places I have visited.

I paid for the ticket..When ride came,one person told us stand.some how we managed to sit into moving ride. no instruction given on how can we guard overselves in moving ride. how to pull the guard to have safe ride.. for 15 min we were siting in moving ride with no safeguard in air above 400 fit from ground.. parying to the great lord for our safety.. No instructions written on the ride on how to guard your self in moving ride.. We asked couple of people coming from other side.. and finally managed to get guard in place.. After we reach their..only one employee. not sure if they ability to first aid in case some one has heath issue due to weather or lack oxegen at 11000fit..

I would recommend.. please make sure you gets your ride guarded before ride start..I will not prefer to go ahead on this ride with kids,older family member and risk my life..

8 Thank Yogesh2010

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Makawao, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Breathtaking views-”
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Snow Bowl offers "sky" rides to the top of the ski area during the summer and early fall season. Normally $12 per person, for groups of 10 or more, the fee drops to $6-well worth it at ANY price-spectacular vistas, incredible foliage, including rare high altitude plants. The very well informed National Park Ranger stationed at the summit offers both geographical and historical overview of the area, describing the various volcanic mountains that comprise the area and their formation. a must see for those visiting Northern Arizona. Another highlight is the rest room facilities which boasts, according to its signage, to be the highest in altitude in all of Arizona

2 Thank RedRockBlonde
Houston, TX
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Scenic skyride was fun”
Reviewed 16 July 2010

It probably seem sstrange to go to the Snow Bowl in July, but they operate a very nice scenic skyride during the summer.

Without skis, you have time to enjoy the natural beauty of the mountain and to escape the heat of lower altitudes. Once at the top, we found several park rangers giving talks about the area and what you could see.

The view was tremendous and I recommend it for anyone visiting Flagstaff in the summer.

4 Thank steverk1
Tucson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Thieving paradise”
Reviewed 27 December 2009

After snowboarding all day, I went to the restorant when they closed the lift (4 PM!) and as it is not allowed to enter with the boards into the restorant, I left it in the outside rack full of boards. In 20 min more my snowboard had disappeard and the resort manager wasn't responsible neither give any solution more than a sorry! 3 more boards were stolen the same day, but the resort seems not to be worry about that, there is even no sign at all advicing for this issue in that area.

2 Thank garojasochoa
Phoenix, AZ USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Ride the ski lift in the off season and see dozens of volcano cones!”
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Everyone else has talked about Snowbowl the snow ski place. I don't ski, but have twice been there in the off season and greatly enjoyed the ski lift to the top of one of the San Francisco Peaks. When Phoenix had it's hottest day on record (123 degrees Fahrenheit)in about 1989 or so, my visiting nephew and I drove up and got chilled in the 72 degree weather! We hadn't thought to take sweaters! The ride up (9000+ feet?) takes about 25-45 min. (I forget) and is beautiful. The surrounding countryside is slowly revealed (if you look backwards!) until you get to the top of the mt. and can see all around you to the dozens of ancient smaller volcanic cones that you don't even notice when you're driving amongst them. (The San Francisco Peaks are a dormant volcano themselves.) The Sedona red rocks and the Grand Canyon are both visible (on a very clear day and perhaps more wishful thinking than actual viewing.) You can hike around up there, and climb up even further. If you don't have time to do the actual ski lift ride, or you're afraid of heights or they aren't open (call first!!!), you can drive half way up to the ski lift area and still have a great view!

1 Thank tekirisma