“Pet Friendly, But Quiet - Nice”

Ramada Flagstaff East
Ranked #57 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I needed a pet friendly spot in Flagstaff for myself and my 126 lb dog. Most places only take small dogs, but the Ramada took us in for only $10 extra pet fee. The room was nice, did not smell like a typical pet room. Mostly clean, with super comfortable bed. Even though we were in what I would consider the "pet wing" portion of the hotel, it was quiet. I would stay there again. Only con is that there isn't much grass for doggie pit stops.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Ramada Flagstaff East

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Let me start off by saying that when we checked into this hotel Last night the lobby was a madhouse and one girl was behind the desk kickin butt and takin names she had it together and kept it together in spite of at least 50 people trying to check in at once. I was totally impressed by Yolanda with her friendly can do attitude. This is what I call excellent customer service not only did you take care of me and the 50 others she also took the time out of her day to make sure that we had a parking space. The rest of our stay was great we enjoyed a very clean and comfortable room. Thanks again Yolanda you're the sh#$ and we will be stayin at this Ramada again.

Frank A.
Lake Havasu

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The hotel itself was fine. They do not have an elevator - so if you book on line - they do not receive the "comment" section. If you want ground floor - due to steps to haul luggage etc, you have to call the hotel direct. The breakfast was minimal - cold cerial, cold waffles - cold biscuits & gravy. You had to heat up the waffles, biscuits & gravy in the micro-wave. There were not alot of takers for the biscuits & gravy. There was bagels, cream chees, donuts, small muffins, etc. The room itself was clean, & spacious - with desk, chair, & decent size bathroom. The sheets were crisp & bed was OK. The towels were OK & the staff was nice. Ask for additional towels at check-in if you want more than one per person. I asked about the $2/day "utility fee" & was told it was for gas, electric, ac, etc. Aren't utilities included when you rent a room? This "fee" is disclosed when you check in - to that end, you have no choice but to pay it. It's not the money it's the principal. Another way for the hotel to make money.

Room Tip: book on line then call - ask about hidden fees - call if you want first floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed here after declining a stay at a motel on Route 66 which was very icky. We were grateful for the rate, $80 and that they accepted our pets. The king size bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean and comfortable. The curtains were very thick allowing us to sleep in and not be disturbed. The breakfast was yummy, too. They had warm biscuits and gravy and a wide selection of breads to toast up. I had toaster waffles. The next time I am in Flag, this is the motel for me.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed here one night on our way to LA. When checking in (9 pm) i did not feel the personal touch from the employee. She was like a machine and did only say/ask the necessary things to complete here “check in procedure”. I also had a room on the third floor. When you park at the back of the hotel at the highest level it is in fact only 2 stairs from the bottom level. That was better that walking three stairs. When you look at the staircases, the place looks worn. Also at the check in counter I could peek in some rooms and you can Cleary see the place needs some renovating. But hey, when entering the room it was nice. A good bed, good shower and clean. Getting connected to the WIFI wasn`t that easy but there are many networks there because of all the hotels there. The breakfast in the morning was good. More choice than you regular motel/hotel. All and all not a bad place to spend the night.

Room Tip: When youre on the third floor, park your car at the (higher) back so youve got less stairs to walk
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The first room we received was on the 3rd floor, in the back (no elevator). No reason for it, the hotel was not full. The room did not have a phone (emergency calls?!) and the toilet broke on the first use. When I called the front desk on my cell phone I was told they had no maintenance on staff. We were moved closer to the pool, but the door had to be manhandled to get into place for the deadbolt. We told front desk, and again they blamed "no maintenance." We went to the Grand Canyon the next day, and when we returned the room was not secured! Housekeeping did not check to make sure the room was locked when they left. Luckily nothing was missing. TV remote did not work. Front Desk staff friendly. Breakfast nothing to get excited about. Too many other choices to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel looks run down from the outside. The rooms are partially updated - the beds and linens look new, but the bathrooms are very old and out of date - looks like lots of repair jobs over the years are starting to show. It was clean enough, but the lobby smelled like PineSol, my least favorite smell in the world. Just skip the breakfast - it's basically just toast, bagels and juice. Hotel was completely full when we were there... parking lot crowded, people stumbling over each other at the breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family