“Marriott Courtyard - Always a Good Bet”

Courtyard Flagstaff
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Marriott Courtyards are always a safe bet. Always clean and comfortable and the décor doesn't vary much from one courtyard to another across the country. This Courtyard is next to a busy highway. I asked for a quiet room on a high floor and the staff went out of their way to give me a courtyard facing room on 2nd floor with no one in the rooms next to me. Except for the second night where the people were slamming the door starting at 5 a.m. and this continued through to 8 a.m. (very annoying). The hotel seemed to be recently built and the lounge and foray was nice. They did not have a Bistro like other Courtyards so no food available after breakfast. There wasn't a takeout menu selection in the room but there are a few restaurants nearby. The beds in all Courtyards are not 'heavenly beds' which is one upgrade the Marriott Courtyard needs to make.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room on top floor when making the reservation.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are glad that our staff found you a quite room, with the exception of your noisy neighbors. We are due to get the Bistro with in the next 2 years since we are a new build hotel. We hope to see you again on a future stay in Flagstaff.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I feel like the guy that designed this room should be given a pat on the back for trying so hard, then immediately fired for failing so badly. Appearance-wise it was wonderful, had all the things you could want, but failed on the most basic items. Here are basically my main complaints.

The bed is about 1 step up from the floor in softness. I kinda wish I had slept on the floor, because then I would of had an even distribution of shoulders hips and knees. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep on these in the 7 I tried to get.

As soon as 5:30 rolled around, the room was flooded with light. Ive got the curtains closed, but they couldnt afford to spend money on thicker curtains i guess?

The ac unit sounded like it gargling gravel, and very well might of been, because it didnt keep our room cool. at all.

My poor wife has a hard enough time sleeping at it is, now we get to drive another 12 hours on very little sleep.

I guess imma try to get my money back

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review, we apologize that you did not like the firmness of the mattresses. The mattresses are the Courtyard Marriott standard and are on the firmer side.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This Marriott seems relatively new and is conveniently located near I-17 & I-40 in Flagstaff, so it's good for travelers. Our room was a bit small, but had a nice layout which was different than most hotels. More importantly, our room was clean with the exception of a stained lamp shade which was a little gross. The house keeping staff did a nice job during our three night stay, although it was a little annoying when they didn't remember to give us more shampoo and toilet paper. If you want a quiet room, avoid rooms on the South and West sides of the hotel. Best rooms are on the North side which have views of the San Francisco Peaks.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kono777
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Flagstaff. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the comment regarding your lamp shade, we have passed this on to our housekeeping staff to check in all of our guest rooms.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This was a great hotel.We just stayed at this hotel for just one night as a stop off on a road trip. Check in was very friendly and fast. Very modern hotel. The room was huge, modern, clean and had everything we needed.

We didn't get much of a view from the room we were given ( a wall) but as we were only using it as a bed for the night this didn't matter so much.

We had breakfast included in our rate. The breakfast was very basic but fine.

Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with the Courtyard Flagstaff and you took advantage of our room and breakfast package! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Northern Arizona!

Reviewed 18 July 2013

My family and I spent two night at the hotel. Very nice place. Wonderful views of the mountains in and around Flagstaff. Room was very nice and very clean. The breakfasts are great. They offer a full hot breakfast, or will cook omelets to order. They offer full pool and weight room. There is a bar that operated in the evenings in the lobby, so one can purchase a beer/drink if you want. A beer was $5.00 which is about what you would spend at a bar.

Room Tip: If you want a hot breakfast, order it at the time you check in. They will add the cost to your room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherlock6142

Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Flagstaff! We are happy that you were able to take advantage of our lobby lounge and were able to relax and have a cocktail! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Northern Arizona!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Stayed here a few times on weekend trips from Phx. The hotel is nice for Flagstaff. Way better than Little America. That place is so old and dumpy.

Don't understand why this hotel is not #1. The lobby is nice and clean. The rooms new and are kept immaculate. The beds are way comfortable and most rooms have nice balconies to enjoy the fresh air.

If you stayed there in June and heard my kids yelling....sorry, they were really hyper. It was great to take them outside to enjoy the fire pits. This is the only place we stay in Flag- the place really could use a resort.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Prissyboy

We truly enjoyed reading your review! Thank you for such kind comments! We are a very family friendly hotel and loved your comment regarding your kiddos! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Flagstaff!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My family and I were recently at the Courtyard Flagstaff for a wedding. While the hotel looks great from the outside, we were disappointed by the service and our experience. We were initially given a room that smelled so badly that we had to ask to be moved. Our second room still smelled, but at this point it was apparent that more than one room had an issue with odor. More egregious though, was the fact that we went out and our door was locked. When we returned our door was open. Someone had entered our room. I contacted the front desk and was informed that the manager was not available but would contact me. There was no apology for this security breach. Worse though, the manager did not follow-up. The next morning when I checked out I asked again for the manager. He was not available then either. I left my name and number and asked to be contacted as I personally believe--and suspect most would concur--that a security breach is a major concern/issue. It is now two days later and I still have not heard back from anyone at the hotel or Marriott in general. I am appalled by the lack of follow-up or concern about security. I cannot in good faith recommend this hotel given these issues. The failure of the manager and staff to address and respond to such a concern is very, very troubling.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Shannon T

We take reviews like yours very seriously and we are looking into the issues that you wrote about. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention.