For this particular stay, Flagstaff would serve as the perfect overnight between Denver and Las vegas allowing for a quick jaunt thru the South Rim of the Grand Canyon after a nights rest. If you are looking to visit the Grand Canyon and pondering staying in Flagstaff instead of the Tourist traps near the park i do conquer this to be a good decision. For the South rim anyway, its just about 30-40 minutes from the park. After a 13 hour drive, arriving to this stay much later than expected 1130pm, i was ready for the hot-tub and bed
PRICE: Paid for by cashing in 25000 points, definetely way over-priced
HOTEL: Arrived late so at first impression the outside looked like any other property, surrounded by a few closed restaurants and other hotels..oh Del Taco is 24 hours and right behind it LOL. It is a very nice property though. I think 3-4 floors, per usual no food except the snack-shack arriving so late. Room was 2Dbl and was overlooking the Courtyard complete with the now signature (at some locations) firepit! This room had a balcony to view the persied meteor shower that night so i wasnt complaining.
THE ROOM: Regular Room/2DBL- Not overly large, very clean and warm tones. Bedding was very comfortable, Balcony was a plus. Note to Marriott-32inch TVs with minimal channel selection will no longer suffice!
THE STAFF: The first staff member, Yaritza was very sweet, friendly and quick checking me in. her replacement (30 minutes after i checked in) was clearly enjoying his leisurely night shift and he put off a 'could care less' vibe. Unfortunately this attitude was continued with the downright rude girl working the buffet service at breakfast and also the three staff working the front desk in the morning. I passed by them 5 times in and out to the car and not once was acknowledged, even when i said hello. This is unacceptable to me and is the main reason i give this property an average rating.
Was my Elite recognized? Hard to say, i got a balcony and an Elite keycard so i guess yes, other than that, nothing.
I would recommend this property if in Flagstaff, which is a beautiful city surrounded by mountains including the tallest in Arizona at 12000ft, but im hoping the staff will get its act together. Also, during my visit the hot-tub was so filled with chemicals that it burned my eyes and created strange bubbles..i spent less than 5 minutes here and for 25000 points/after a 13 hour drive from Denver i was greatly looking forward to a soak-Major Dissapointment!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the crossroads of I-17 and I-40, the hotel sits up on a hill overlooking Northern Arizona University. Relax around the outdoor fire pit or soak up the magnificent views of the San Francisco Peaks from one of our balcony rooms. Whether traveling on business or pleasure our hotel is just minutes away from local restaurants, shopping and historic downtown Flagstaff. Not sure where to go? Use our GoBoard™, which is designed to put all the information you’re looking for right at your fingertips, including time, weather, local headlines and events, sports, and restaurant recommendations. In addition to enjoying the ideal location, ambiance and service, your guests will appreciate our room accommodations featuring either one king size or two queen beds. Each guest room offers amenities which include hair dryers, coffee makers, iron and ironing boards, on-command movies and cable television, a large work desk, separate dual data ports, phone line with personalized voice mail and complimentary high speed internet. Enjoy complimentary shuttle service to/from Flagstaff Pulliam Airport/FLG and the Flagstaff Amtrack station (available upon request). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- Courtyard Flagstaff North America