“Disappointed”

Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Lovettsville, Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed for 2 nights in July as part of a cross country drive. I am a regular at courtyards and usually am very happy. I had stayed here last year and had a couple of issues, but figured I would give it another go. I requested a high floor in my reservation but do to a flash flood arrived very late. For that reason I did not complain that when we got in the elevator we went down, not up. To the basement I guess. Our view was a concrete wall 2 feet from the window. Oh well. The next day we left early to sight see so I called the desk to make sure out room was cleaned while we were gone ( due to the issues last year). The girl was not very nice. We left. We came back at 3:00, room dirty. We left for food so went by the desk. Same girl, did say it would be done. Back at 6:00. Still dirty. Went back to desk. Very nice guy, said it was to late for full cleaning but would empty trash and get towels. Hung out in lobby/bar until 9:00. Guess what? No go again. Mentioned it to a new girl at check out. Her answer? "Why tell me, I wasn't here". Other problems also, so won't be back. Too bad because it has so much promise.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Lvlcy
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your review on your stay this past July. We aplogize that our service was not up to the standards that you expect, we will adress this with our staff to ensure another guest does not have the same experience you did.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
calhoun, GA
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Awesome facility in every possible way. Rooms, pool, hot tub, staff, location...unbeatable. If they included a light breakfast, it would be five stars hands down. You can buy breakfast on the property, but it's pricey.

When I'm in Flagstaff, this is where I want to stay...and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor is quietest.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gobige
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The staff at the Courtyard, particularly the front desk concierge Jacob, made my stay at the Courtyard terrific. He really went above and beyond to ensure a comfortable and pleasant trip. The rooms are also spacious, well organized, clean, and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ion293
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are so pleased that Jacob went above and beyond to make your stay an enjoyable one! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Flagstaff!
Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My wife and I were in Flagstaff for only one night on business. The room was very nice and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We needed to adjust our checkout time from 11am to 2:30pm, and the staff readily accommodated our request with no hassle. We were very pleased with our brief stay in Flagstaff and very satisfied with our stay in the Courtyard by Marriott.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review on your trip to Flagstaff! We pride ourselves in making sure our guests needs are met and we are very happy to hear you were able to adjust your check out time easily during your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Northern Arizona!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

What a nice change for all of us very accommodating staff.
We really enjoyed the atmosphere, rooms where roomy and very clean the evening staff where very knowledgeable sent us to a great Greek Tavern not walking distance but worth a visit if you like good food not a lot of that around.
The hotel is right next to the freeway however we did not hear any noise at all.
At breakfast time we could have omelettes just the way we like them and kids still had a waffle.

It's over one hour to the Grand Canyon and around half hour or so to Sedona my be greater to some areas of Sedona.

Highly recommend would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent review on your trip to Flagstaff! We are pleased that you enjoyed the local of the hotel and the recomendation of Taverna Greek Grill for dinner, it is one of our favorites! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay in Flagstaff!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I love the Marriott brand for its consistent quality throughout the chain. This Flagstaff Courtyard Marriott was no exception. Our room was spacious, quiet and comfortably equipped with a king bed, sofa, and a large desk. The decor was contemporary and tasteful. The staff members were professional and friendly. We had a very restful four-day stay while exploring the Grand Canyon area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in Flagstaff! We pride ourselves on great customer service and are so glad our staff helped make your stay an enjoyable one!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed here for one night as part of a tour. I was a bit disappointed with the location as I didn't get to see Flagstaff itself, but the hotel was very comfortable. My room was a good size with a king size bed and a nice bathroom. The décor was fresh and modern and very much to my taste.
There is no on-site restaurant for dinner, but there are a few chain restaurants within easy walking distance. The Red Lobster was obviously popular but I felt as though I needed a torch to read the menu and see what I was eating!
The hotel breakfast was ok. I had the hot oatmeal which was very nice, though others in the group reported that the eggs and bacon left a bit to be desired.
Overall, this was a nice place for an overnight stay and I would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
We are pleased that you enjoyed your room during your stay on a tour! We hope you come back and visit Northern Arizona again soon!