“Another great trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Arizona
“Another great trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Just returned from another great trip to Flagstaff. This was our second visit to the Courtyard and we had another great experience. The hotel is very well maintained and the staff is very welcoming and attentive. Our kids love the pool and the fire pit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
We are so pleased that you have chosen the Courtyard Flagstaff as your home away from home on your trips to Northern Arizona! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Not sure if they were slammed busy with the skier potential or college kids on break, but several things knocked down this review.

1. check in was a little too haggly.
2. walls were very thin in the lower level room we had. Though it did have a fridge.
3. the room they gave us was, after asking for the AAA discount, amongst all the families with small children that were pretty noisy.
4. the room hadn't been vacuumed.
5. there was schmootz on the desk

6. NO FOOD DURING THE BREAKFAST time frame. We got to the lobby where the food is presented. We got there well before (30 minutes) they closed, and there was nothing out and no one around. We asked about the timing on these the night prior, so I'm confident it wasn't a case of us showing up late. They literally had no hot food, no cereal, no fruit, no coffee or tea. This is rare for a Marriott property.

Housekeeping staff looked pretty tired like they had been at it all day when we did our evening check in, so I'm guessing they are short staffed for the amount of check ins.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
We apologize that your stay was not a great one. We truly pride ourselves on providing top notch cuctomer service and clean rooms. We have addressed your concerns with our management staff and are making adequate changes to ensure that a future guest does not have the experience that you did. We sincerely hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I hate to title the review like that.... but.... oh, my gosh... the noise. I'll start off with the positives though: the hotel is fresh and clean. The rooms are big enough, and on the upscale side - no complaints whatsoever with the hotel itself. Its a great place, and I'd be disappointed if we didn't stay there again on our next Snowbowl trip. The sheets had that reassuring, mild bleach smell that makes me feel more comfortable about being in a hotel bed. We had plenty of towels and I loved the Paul Mitchell products in the bathroom. There wasn't much not to like - outdoor fire pit, inside pool, comfortable, roomy, lobby seating, plenty of parking. Breakfast was breakfast. Nothing to complain about, nothing to rave about. Okay...here are my complaints...room 314 is near the staircase. When people run up the stairs, and believe me, they do run, room 314 shook and the noise was ridiculous. Room 315 is across from the opening to the staircase AND the ice maker alcove. The noise around room 315 made 314 seem tranquil. I love this hotel, but I'll make sure I see where my room is on the hotel plan before I go trotting off happily with my key.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard side of the hotel. Its nice to be able to look down on the courtyard...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for your review on your stay with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and got to kae in a winters night at the fire pit- my personal favorite spot of the hotel! Thank you for address the noise in your rooms. We are working with our executive stayy to see what we can do to ensure future guests of these rooms do not experience the noise you did. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Northern Arizona!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel is better than average. The rooms were nice size and the beds were good. It has a nice lay out do the grounds with an indoor pool. The pool and spa were small for the number of rooms. Nice outdoor fire pit that provided a great gathering spot. Also the lobby on the first floor was great with multiple games to provide a great gathering spot.

Overall, good place.

Room Tip: All about the same
1 Thank Txdelphia
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your review on your stay with us! We are glad that you were able to enjoy our firepit! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Flagstaff!
Maricopa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at many Marriotts over the years and this one keeps with their tradition of service and cleanliness. I can't give it five stars as, although new, the furnishings are not of an upscale caliber. The hotel is relatively new and modern and we had no complaints but, I can't rate it with a true five star hotel. But, keep in mind that you will not be sorry staying here and the price for us ($110.00) per night for a suite was great.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheWiseOldOwl2
Thank you for your review on your stay with us! We are happy that our hotel made your stay comfortable! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Northern Arizona!
Lovettsville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

My son and I stayed for 2 nights in July as part of a cross country drive. I am a regular at courtyards and usually am very happy. I had stayed here last year and had a couple of issues, but figured I would give it another go. I requested a high floor in my reservation but do to a flash flood arrived very late. For that reason I did not complain that when we got in the elevator we went down, not up. To the basement I guess. Our view was a concrete wall 2 feet from the window. Oh well. The next day we left early to sight see so I called the desk to make sure out room was cleaned while we were gone ( due to the issues last year). The girl was not very nice. We left. We came back at 3:00, room dirty. We left for food so went by the desk. Same girl, did say it would be done. Back at 6:00. Still dirty. Went back to desk. Very nice guy, said it was to late for full cleaning but would empty trash and get towels. Hung out in lobby/bar until 9:00. Guess what? No go again. Mentioned it to a new girl at check out. Her answer? "Why tell me, I wasn't here". Other problems also, so won't be back. Too bad because it has so much promise.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lvlcy
Thank you for your review on your stay this past July. We aplogize that our service was not up to the standards that you expect, we will adress this with our staff to ensure another guest does not have the same experience you did.
calhoun, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Awesome facility in every possible way. Rooms, pool, hot tub, staff, location...unbeatable. If they included a light breakfast, it would be five stars hands down. You can buy breakfast on the property, but it's pricey.

When I'm in Flagstaff, this is where I want to stay...and will stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor is quietest.
1 Thank gobige
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!