Courtyard Flagstaff
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn(Flagstaff)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitfront deskgrand canyonnice hotelindoor poolbreakfast buffetwould stay here againoff the highwayconvenient locationlobby areanice roomking roomcomfortable roomsup to datehot tubparking lotwaffles
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in Flagstaff for leisure and were checked in by Dave whom was one of the nicest and most helpful hoteliers I have encountered.
During our conversation about the sights that we were going to see and wanted to see in the area, Dave suggested we check out the Indian ruins at Walnut Canyon National Monument, this suggestion turned out to be the highlight of our trip. You should check it out if your looking for something cool to see or do.
As far as the room and property it's self:
Pros- the property and rooms were clean and well maintained. The service from every employee we were in contact with was very happy and friendly.
Cons- other reviewers had mentioned, that you could hear the people in the rooms above you and to each side of you, even coughing. We did hear the guests walking, talking and slamming doors. The mattress was very very firm and basic, no pillow top, didn't sleep too well.
The pillows seem to be at the end of their life.
Had it not been for the noise and the uncomfortable bed I would have easily given 4-4.5 stars.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that our General Manager, David helped make your stay an enjoyable one! We understand that our matresses are firm and some guests prefer a softer mattress. We do have mattress toppers available upon request at the front desk. On youe next stay with us, please request one at check in. We look forward to welcoming you back ona future trip to Northern Arizona!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This a nice hotel, great location and a very nice property. The room is very large and the indoor pool, a big plus. There is a outdoor fire pit for the cool evenings. But the King bed is the worst bed I have ever slept on. You pay for a weak breakfast buffet $10.95, I still question the value of the breakfast. Over all nice place - But you sleep on a rock, now if you like that this is the place for you

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding the beds. Our beds are firm and not all guests prefer firm beds, we do have matress toppers available if you feel the bed is to firm for your liking. On your next trip to Flagstaff simply request a mattress topper at check in and we will place on your beds to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We were originally booked at another area hotel when I decided to give Priceline a try. We ended up with this property and it was a nice upgrade from where we would have stayed. Room was large and the indoor pool was a plus as we were able to enjoy it after dinner. The only negative for me would be the paper thin walls. I kept telling my niece to stop stomping as she walked but it was clear those above us did not have the same consideration. In addition, we could clearly hear the people in the room next door to us and I did not enjoy having them wake me up at 11:30. We were here for just a night and though we would stay here again, next time I would wear earplugs to sleep.Property was clean and also looks new.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forwar dto welcoming you back on a future trip to Flagstaff!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel, but we had a few issues. We had a one bedroom suite which was very spacious and comfortable, however the maid service was marginal on the room. While it was basically clean it seems to have been hurriedly done or not checked. There were greasy fingerprints all over the nice wood furniture as if an army of kids had stayed there previously, along with liquid stains down the front of counter below the sink in the 'kitchen' area in the front room. There were also stains on the carpet and couch.

The workout room was nice and well equipped, but there were no towels. We asked for some and they were delivered as we were ready to leave, and were large standard bath towels rather than workout towels.

I agree with some of the other reviews that the beds are exceptionally hard here, I have stayed at many Marriott properties, including Courtyards, and the beds were not thishard. I like a firm mattress but these go too far.

I am a gold rewards member and in my profile I have a standard request for an upper floor-for quiet. I was informed when checking in that the only suites in the hotel were on the ground floor, which is below the main lobby floor, or on the lobby floor, but none were available there. If that is true I can understand that, so I requested at least middle room, as there are busy highways on either side of this hotel. I was checking in at 300 on a Tuesday. I was informed there was only one suite available and it was not in the middle, Suite# 002. To my chagrin when we arrived at the suite it was right on the Highway 89 frontage. The hotel is high enough above the road, the highway noise was there, but not terrible. What was terrible is we were right next to the building exit door, that slammed loudly every time it closed. It did not seem to have a closer on it that worked properly.

When we arrived at the room, the door just pushed open. I discovered that the slide bolt did not always activate once the door was opened. We had a busy agenda and people meeting us, so I did not have time to call maintenance, and I was able to figure out how to mess with it to get it closed, but it required slamming the door to get the dead bolt to slide into the lock and secure the door. From the sound of all the other slamming doors it seemed other people may have had the same problem.

As I originally said, the hotel is basically very nice and attractive, it is a shame that these problems had to mar our visit, and it would seem the staff could have been a little more proactive in securing a room for a gold member paying a full rate, that was not right on the highway, particularly when my profile requested upper floor rooms.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor in the middle of the hotel, as there is a highway on each side. The exit doors on the ends of the building are also very noisy. The ground floor below the lobby level is also very noisy.
1  Thank BongoColo

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are pleased tha you enjoyed your stay. We have addressed the housekeeping issud that you mentioned with our Executive Housekeeper and have made sure the issues have been resolved. In regards to the suites, the front desk is correct, we only have 5 suites on property and they are on the ends of the buildings either on the lobby or courtayrd level. The hotel was built with the suites on the ends of the buildings to give the suites plenty of windows and ample lighting. We look forward welcoming you back on a future stay in Flagstaff!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We really enjoyed the hotel as the room felt very comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and the lobby was quite nice. We used the laundry room which was clean and did the job. We did have the buffet breakfast which you pay 10.95 which is not worth the value. It was a holiday inn breakfast which you get free when you stay there,. That being said we could have eaten breakfast else where so it was our choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the breakfast comment, we have addressed this with our restaurant supervisor to make sure the breakfast layout is more appealing. We look forward to welcoming you back on a furture trip to Northern Arizona!