“Exceptional !!!”

Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Exceptional !!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

On traveling across the US from Seattle to Naples, Fla. I made a wrong turn leaving Salt Lake City and spent about 10 plus hrs. driving until we reached Flagstaff, AZ about 9:30 PM at night.
Exhausted and with no reservations we came up on this hotel nestled on the side of a hill. What a gift we were given. My wife went in to see if possibly there were any rooms and the nicest young lady ( Chelsey ) said they had one that we could have - not just anyone, but a suite that was so nice and comfortable, isolated, quite, with some very nice views. Could not of asked for anything else, but then again - Chelsey - gave us the suite for the price of a regular room. The property is very nice and just walking in to the reception area was so relaxing. I can not say enough about our experience with this property - totally a level above! We will be sure to visit again when we travel through Arizona. Thanks for an 'Oasis' on a long a difficult trip!

Room Tip: Suite 107 - Exceptional for this kind of property
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stevemathis
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! Chelsey is one of our fabulous font office associates and we will make sur eto pass on your kind words to her! We are so pleased that Chelsey helped make a long day much more enjoyable!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Needed a place to stay and everywhere in Flagstaff was booked. We enjoyed our stay here and were welcomed by the front desk and swiftly checked in. After a 10 hour drive it was nice to have swift service.

Our room was very large with a sofa and huge king bed. It was very spacious. The bathroom was also nice and large for the room. The bed was comfortable and my husband and I both slept soundly. We didn't hear any outside noise and we were near the elevator.

It's also nice that each room has a coffee station with fridge. It made cooling down some water for the next leg in our road trip easy,

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank evarenee
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the comment about comfortability of your bed, we recently upgraded all of our matresses with toppers and are happy to hear our guests are enjoying them!
Missouri
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was booking online through Orbitz and I accidentally clicked the wrong date. The booking clearly says that you will pay the full fee once booked and when I called THE NIGHT OF, Jacob at the front desk was extremely courteous and kind, helping me cancel it so that there was no charge to me! That was not only extremely kind, but definitely above and beyond what is required, since the mistake was on my/Orbitz end and not the hotel's! The staff members at the Courtyard are wonderful ambassadors for Flagstaff, AZ and the Marriott! Thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your review on your reservation experiene with us! Jacob is a true gemof the front desk and we wll make sure to pass along your kind words to him!
Canyon
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We arrived at this hotel at 3am, August 2nd after staying at a Courtyard by Marriott in San Digeo for a week on vacation. San Diego hotel was amazing!!! Therefore I didn't read trip advisor when I booked this hotel, which is actually worse than a motel. Upon checkin, we delay with Chris, the "night audit." And I say dealt with because he didn't greet us or anything; I was at the desk and he came around the corner and just looked at me. I said we need to check-in and he asked my name. I did ask him if since we arrived later than planned if we could cancel the breakfast rate, which was just $10 and we knew we would be sleeping through the breakfast times he said no because "I'm the night audit guy and I can't do that." I will say I understand different roles and that maybe he wasn't authorized to do that type of thing but his service skills were less than acceptable. We were given a handicapped accessible room which is NOT what we had a reservation for. Let me also state that we had called much earlier in the day to say we would be arriving early in the am hours. Upon getting to this room after walking on carpet in the building that was disgustingly dirty and stained our room was truly horrible. Upon entering it smelled BAD, like mildew. There was water all over the floor because the shower head wouldn't stop dripping (as there was no tub in this type room) there was black mold, mildew or stains in the tiles in the shower, there were yellow stains on the comforter on one of the beds and things stuck in the carpet that your shoe stuck too. I called the front the see about another room and of course I got the most unpleasant Chris who said, "what do you want me to do come mop up the water and spray some air freshened?" I was quite done with Chris at this time and thanked him for his lack of service and assistance. We just checked out and spoke to the front desk supervisor-a male, that's all I can say about him as well because he had no service recovery skills either. We were not seeking our room to be comped-only for someone in management to apologize for the poor service we received and for the poor perception we now have for that motel like atmosphere. I truly hope others read this....in the hotel and service industry much like everything in society, we ALL have choices and I will tell everyone I know NOT to choose this hotel in Flagstaff, AZ!!!! The exterior of your place appears quite charming but as my 9 yo son said, I guess they put all their money in the outside and don't care about the Rooms and who represents their chain.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Dliver447
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your less then perfect stay with us. Since we are not able to see your information regarding your stay and I asking you to please call the hotel at 928-774-5800 and speak with our General Manager, David. We pride ourselves in giving the upmost customer service and are truly sorry that you had a unpleasant stay with us.
Sherrill, New York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed at this Courtyard with reward points over Spring Break. I was surprised that there was no special greeting or thank you for staying with Marriott, etc, which was unusual. The room was just OK and the breakfast was not included. Glad I didn't have to pay for the room, but won't let that stop me from trying again next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review on your spring break stay! Within the Marriott brands, the Courtyard brand does not include breakfast with their rooms, however for future stays when you are not using your marriott points Courtyards do offer a breakfast package option which would include a voucher for breakfast. We hope that you will try us again on a future stay in Flagstaff.
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I decided to take a day trip from Phoenix to Flagstaff and see Sedona and other sites along the way. Stay the night in Flagstaff and then visit jerome and prescott on the way back to Phoenix.

Being a Marriott rewards member and having stayed at many a Courtyard, we decided to stay here. First I was surprised that breakfast was not included and was the standard buffet style food (cost was 10.95 per adult, a little cheaper for kids). We found out there was no outdoor pool, which we had been looking forward to after a long hot day, but we got over that and stayed anyway. The room was okay size wise but had a sofa that was so worn I really didn't want to sit on it.

Having never been to Flagstaff, we asked the front desk if there was a downtown area, the answer was we were in the middle of it - disappointing. Later we grabbed a map so we could see local restaurants and saw there was indeed a downtown about 6 miles away. Downtown was very nice, lots of shops, restaurants and bars.

Certainly not my best Marriott experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review of your stay with us. Within the Marriott brands, the Courtyard brand does not incude breakfast, owever we do have breakfast packages available for purchase if you would prefer the breakfast wrapped into the room cost. With Flagstaff being a four season city which includes lots of snow in the winter, our swimming pool and hot tub is indoors. We want to mke sure our guests have this amenity all year long, not just in the summer months. We sincerely hopethat you will try us again on a future stay in Flagstaff.
Tempe
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Flagstaff July 24th thru 27th for family reunion. The service was great from the time we checked in to our checkout on Sunday the 27th. The staff was very helpful and was always available to support us. The rooms were clean and the cleaning staff was very courteous and helpful for the little projects we had with the reunion. We had a meeting room reserved and everyone from the front desk to the maintenance staff were very helpful. They were responsive and kept the room locked when we were visiting the sites in town to providing us extra tables when we had a special event. The help make the reunion a success for all of us. Thank You. John (Greg) Owens.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Gina L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Flagstaff, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your review on your groups stay with us! We truely enjoyed having the Scott family reunion this past weekend. Our staffs goal is to make each of our guests feel like this is their home away from home and we are so glad that we achieved that feeling with your family! We welcome the Sscott family back anytime!