“Contemporary Style and Friendly Service”

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The SpringHill Suites is done in a very modern soothing style. It looks like one of HGTV's young and hip decorators helped with the decor. Our room was large and spacious and made us feel as if we were at a luxurious spa sans the spa! There was a large walkin closet off the bath. The computer desk area and little living space was separated from the sleeping space by frosted glass windows. Check in and out staff were very friendly and helpful. The full breakfast was quite ample and was set up in a very cool area. This place is a winner and is conveniently located to familar restaurants and freeway signs yet is still in the foresty area of Flagstaff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank joeysweeps
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Flagstaff

Reviewed 6 July 2011

We used some of my Marriott reward points and some free night certificates for our stay. I have stayed many times at the remodeled Springhills. I love the decor. My wife did as well. I agree that there are some quirky design elements. (Shower access, lack of drawers, single TV placement...) I knew all of this before I booked, so I was prepared and it just fit our style of travel. We were able to utilize the two living spaces to our advantage and it was perfect. It is a great location for food. Very easy access to freeways. It was a good location to base from to visit Sedona and the Grand Canyon. We loved our stay and would like to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SDDay
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Overall an excellent hotel, and an excellent value. The rooms are very modern, a little quirky, but cool overall.

Pros: Spacious rooms, incl. mini-fridge and microwave, flat screen TV, I-Home (for your I-Pod... VERY cool!), loads of electrical plugs (you could plug in several cell-phones, lap-tops, and whatever else you brought... with plugs to spare), free internet, free/ample parking, low rate (won through Priceline). Very close to lots of food/shopping.

Cons: Hall way was hot, glass door on bathroom (right in front of beds) was awkwardly placed (hard to use bathroom w/out waking up the rest of the room), A/C wasn't very strong, limited dresser/drawers (despite tons of room).

Other: Incl. free breakfast (didn't get to check it out though, as we only spent one night, and left early the next morning). Pool area was tiny, hot (indoor w/no AC), no hot-tub... but at least they had a pool.

Overall, we enjoyed our short stay... and would do it again in a heart-beat.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank grram1
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I had such a terrible experience in this hotel due to such a unprofessional and terrible frontdesk staff.

When we returned to the hotel after a trip(7 pm), we found that our room was not cleaned at all. So, I called frontdesk to clean it up. Then, I came down and asked her "How long it takes?". What I heard was unacceptable. She said, "I don't know. Housekeepers will do it."
I told her that I do not want to waste my time and want to rough time for cleaning. Can you check it for us? We'll wait for that in the lobby. But, she replied to me that "I'm not a housekeeper. Why are you asking me?"This attitude made me so upset. She did not try anything to check it. Just one call to housekeeper must be enough. But, she did not do anything and told us, "Why are you so mad at me?"

I told her that "you are in a frontdesk and that is your responsibility !!!! No? Do I have to keep going up and checking if the room was clean again and again?". Then, she said, "What do you want to know from me?" (she was almost about to cry).

After a lousy conversation with her, we waited for that in the lobby. Other staff came to us and did apology for that. But, she never came back to us and did not say "SORRY". Even she hided to the office when we passed through the frontdesk to return to our room.

On the day of check out, I asked the staff to get a receipt. But, she said that "There is no receipt. If you booked through a booking.com, you'll get it through that." I've been other springhills in other cities, but they gave the receipt (or invoice) to me before I asked them.

I've never met this kind of ridiculous, unprofessional, untrained hotel front desk. I'll never recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yuki2011
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The front desk staff were friendly and very accommodating when we needed a later checkout. The hotel had a relaxed airy feel due to the modern decor. Everything in our room was very clean and the room layout was nice, with a nice office and sitting area separated from the bedroom. They had a nice selection of food at breakfast and the exercise room and pool were clean and well-maintained. The hotel was conveniently located near the expressway, making it easy to reach attractions in and around Flagstaff.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 14 May 2011

First let me say we did not have a bad stay at this hotel, it's just dissapointing with everything it has going for it that design was more important then function. You'll see that we have a list of things that we thought could be improved. We just thought others should know what they're getting into in case any of the following is important to you.

The look of the hotel is clean and modern. Our room was spotless...but then those design issues come into play.

1) there is only one drawer in the entire suite! and it's the size of a nightstand drawer. It's not like there's not room to put drawers, there is. There is unused space between the tv and the microwave area that would be perfect. So if you like living out of your suitcase, this is the place for you.
2) the door on the bathroom door is translucent. Now there is no reason for this other then it looks cool. However if like me you're married to an early riser, you're going to get woken up by the light going on in the bathroom.
3) You have to step into the shower to turn it on. You're probably going to get wet before you have the temp set the way you like it.

There were other design issues I could mention, but that would be really nitpicking.

Other problems, the hair dryer is very heavy and has a retractable cord (hint: stand back from the dryer when you push the retracting button!); and we were dissapointed with the breakfast...no bread to toast and the only fruit was bananas. One last thing, the washer and dryer are downstairs off the lobby so be prepared to carry your dirty laundry through there to get them washed.

I could not recommend this hotel to someone doing a long term stay, for a night or two, well it depends on what is important to you.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank luv-to-travel-NH
Reviewed 10 April 2011

In recent years, my husband and I have become pretty loyal to Marriott. Their service is usually better than your standard hotels. We were pleased to find out Flagstaff Springhill also accepts pets, as we were making a military move across the country with our small dog.

Pros: Staff is fantastic. Our son was sick and made a little mess. They promptly sent up housekeeping to help take care of it. The ladies at the front desk were friendly and even gave me a list of local restuarants when I ask what was to eat nearby. There was a decent amount of parking. We had a UHAUL trailer and no problem finding a place to put it. Rooms were clean. You couldn't even tell a pet had been in our room (no stains or anything like that). They have slightly cheaper rates for military which scores big points with us. We got the unfortunte experience of having quite a large amount of snow fall overnight, but the hotel had shovels and stuff people could borrow to help get their cars out. Location is good. At no point did I feel unsafe.

Cons: Their pet fee is steep....$50. Every other hotel we stayed in, it was $25. Breakfast was very typical hotel food. I can't eat alot of carbs and it seems with most hotels, the bulk of their breakfast is carbs.

Really though, overall, it's a great hotel. I would have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business