“Good for Family”

Ranked #12 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good for Family”
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Stayed here one night after visiting the Grand Canyon on the way to Sedona. Felt was a good price for what we got. Got a room with two queens and a sofa bed. Room was clean. A little tight. As others have mentioned the room layout could be better. There is a crazy big walk in closet area that would have served better as room space. It is almost big enough to sleep in. The closet, toilet, shower and sink are entered thru the same door, so it is inconveniently arranged unless you are a really into family togetherness. The free breakfast was OK. They had decent choices but nothing tasted that great. I had a great receptionist when we checked in-very pleasant. I made room requests with my reservation on the internet which were both filled. Even with this room arrangement I would still recommend this hotel and return if in the area. It can be a challenge finding a room with larger beds than doubles and a sofa bed in a reasonable price range and this hotel provided this.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 12go2wdw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
California City, California
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Read all the reviews in Williams and decided to drive the extra 30 miles to Flagstaff to get a great room. The family suite for 5 was awesome and half the price of having to buy two rooms in Williams , that by all accounts were listed as "fair at best"! Worth the drive, excellent value in a "Clean, Modern, Well Maintained facility". And the breakfast was a definite plus. Way to go Marriott!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank KC10Extender
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I'd like to start out by saying I never write reviews regarding hotel stays. I travel a lot for work and usually never have any issues. I felt compelled to write about my stay at the Springhill Suites. Upon check-in, I asked the girl at the front desk for recommendations for dinner for my son's birthday since it was that day. My 8 year old son looked at her beaming and she just hands me a list of restaurants and doesn't even look at him, or smile, or wish him a happy bday...I thought it was very rude. I also asked her to add my Marriott rewards number to my reservation and she said she couldn't since we booked through expedia. That is totally not true and when I questioned her she looked very put out and added my rewards number. We then checked into our room and were struck immediately by the smell of urine. When we went to open the window we noticed that the screen was off the window. I called the front desk and spoke to the same girl and she said she would send someone over to repair the screen...well, it never happened. Whenever we walked past her in the lobby she would never look at us or smile...not sure if she was having a bad day or just lacked customer service. We won't be back because of the customer service we received.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank traveller102065
Litchfield Park, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2011

If you like a nice, sleek, modern look...you will love this place. Just as soon as you walk in you see the clean lines and color.

The rooms are very nicely decorated and clean. We had a King Suite...which did not have separate bedroom/living area...it was more like a studio. But the divider between the bed and the living area was plenty if you need some privacy between the two. (like if you want your 5 year old to go to bed on the sofa bed earlier than you!) The bathroom was all in one...with a small divider between the sink and the toilet/shower. It was just a stand up shower stall with a big glass door...giving a nice open feel and room in the shower. There was a mini-fridge and microwave in the room, too.

Free breakfast in the morning downstairs with plenty of hot food choices, waffles, cereal, pastries, real oatmeal (not instant)...very good.

We are in Flagstaff often to escape the summer oppressive heat in Phoenix....we are so glad to have found another great hotel! We loved it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank WeThreeAdventurers
Albany, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2011

What more could you ask for... a great modern hotel, friendly staff, nice clean room, and a big free breakfast.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank trav3llers
Huntington Beach
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Our family loved the two-night stay here. Rooms were very clean and the bathroom was also very clean. The two queen sized beds were very comfortable. Liked the decor and the separated area for the desk and sofa. The hot breakfast buffet which is included is excellent with a nice variety...scrambled eggs, sausage patties, make your own waffles, oatmeal, cereals, pastries, juices and coffees. We will definitely come back!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GHTfromHB
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here in a king room on our way to the Grand Canyon. Nothing grand, however the lobby and rooms are very modern. We read other reviews prior to our stay. It is true that there are only two drawers in the room, and they are under the TV- but this was not a
big deal. The closet was spacious. The shower was huge, and you don't have to get wet when you turn on the water, you just have to carefully turn it on.

I felt the hotel served our purpose well for a stop over on the way to the Grand Canyon. We were able to walk to the shopping center behind the hotel for dinner. There were plenty of restaurant choices within walking distance. You must try the Indian restaurant in the Walmart shoppin center!

Our Grand Canyon river rafting tour bus picked us up at the hotel and took us to and from our rafting tour, so we didn't have to drive after an exhausting day of rafting.
We would definitely return if we make our way to the Grand Canyon again. Would be a great place for families with kids as well.

• Stayed June 2011