“Always wanted to stay at a place like this....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Flagstaff

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Davenport, Iowa
“Always wanted to stay at a place like this....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

but I was dissappointed. I love the modern theme of the hotel. The amenities were quite nice, with the large closest - changing area off of the bathroom. We stayed here one night on the way to California so we could see the Grand Canyon. The hotel staff were all pleasent, and the breakfast was nice. The huge problem is that it was so dirty. The bolster pillows on the bed were grayed and dirty, and the shower looked a like it had dirt in the corner. There was a substance on the glass partition next to the bed that was gross, and the exercise room equipment was sticky dirty and it did not have any towels. It would not have been so bad, but the couple that we were with had problems with their rooms air conditioner and complained their room needed more cleaning. To top it all off I heard two separate people complain about the cleaniness as we were leaving the hotel. For the price of the hotel, the rooms should have been cleaner.

Don't visit during the busy season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been cleaned well.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Patti011_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

Our stay was brief due to our travels but a very confortable stay indeed. Swift check-in around 8:30pm. Modern up-to-date rooms. QUEEN beds not doubles for the family. Cheerful and helpful staff. A large lobby and what a breakfast. We did notice there was a "Pool is out of Order" sign on the pool door.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Garland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

Actually, I'd give this hotel a 3.5 if I could, but I round up...
I recently stayed here on a family vacation for 3 nights after an 18-hour drive from Dallas. We arrived there at 6 or 7 pm, and the night clerk was very polite, helpful, and acted professional (but I will add that there was a hint of amateurism to him, as if he was new to the job, because he did not know what to do for simple problems like "how to connect to the internet", but nonetheless, he was an excellent staff member. We found the rooms to be quite nice, but fairly crowded for a family of just 5. The bathroom was spacious, but unfortunately, the room does not come with many hangers in the closet, so that was somewhat a loss, seeing that it is a suite, meant for many people to stay in. The coffee worker/microwave/fridge worked well. The living area was especially small for eating. We had to hold our meals in our laps because the tables were too small. I would recommend adding more AC power outlets in the room, to charge more mobile items. Also, the AC unit on the far wall created uneven cooling, so one side of the room was cold while the other was just cool. I'd recommend adding air vents to the room instead of an external unit. The TV as well, was hard to see from the far bed, there should be 2 TVs in a suite. The glass door on the bathroom got kind of annoying when someone went to the bathroom to take a shower or lit the room up from the other side of the door when everyone was asleep.

Now, onto the services: the only service I actually had time to try was the breakfast. VERY GOOD BREAKFAST and for FREE. Who doesn't like that in the morning? ;) Please note there is not many seats in the breakfast area, so if you're late, you may not get a seat.
In the morning also, the morning clerk did not look very friendly initially. She walked around with a frown on her face, but once you asked her something she smiled at you and answered politely.

The maid service was alright, we left a tip for them every morning, but they didnt change the sheets on the sofa bed, so remember to leave them intact because the maids won't change them. Unfortunately, I had an awkward encounter with one of the maids one morning, because I was coming to the lobby from the 5th floor, and the elevator stopped at the 2nd floor to pick up a maid on the way down. The maid was still changing into uniform as she came into the elevator. She was still tying her hair up as her shirt was only half-way buttoned. I was astonished! We had kids on that trip! I didn't want them to see that! :0 What do you tell your maids?! Only to be dressed fully by the time you get downstairs?? You guys seriously need to fix that...

The staff was helpful when I needed some info on the tourist spots. On one of the days when we came to the hotel late at night, all the parking spaces were full (no wonder, it's such a good hotel), so we asked the nice night clerk where we should park. He made sure we found a place and even came outside to guide us to the spot, such excellent service.

One HORRIBLE thing about the hotel was the elevators. The elevators were fast and reliable, yes, but they are not in the center of the hotel. We had one of the rooms at the end of the hall, and we had to walk a couple hundred feet just to get to the hotel room from the elevator. Please remember to ask for a room near the elevator or you will be forced to walk a distance to your room. It got annoying when we got to the lobby and remembered something we left in the room, then had to walk the long distance there.

The location of the hotel was right off the highway, but unfortunately on the closest street to the highway, you cant get on the highway northbound or exit it to the street southbound. You can only enter it southbound and exit it northbound. It got irritating to have to go around the block to get to it from the north. Otherwise, it's in a great location, near many other hotels, in a pretty quiet area, with a Jiffy Lube (we had to service our car there) and a Walmart right behind it, and a Chevron for gas in front of it.

This hotel is what I would call one of the best hotels in Flagstaff, because of it's nice rooms, friendly staff, and budget cost. I will definitely stay here again if I ever stop by Flagstaff.

Room Tip: Get a room near the elevator Higher floors do not mean kids will like the room better Get to break...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Joshua V
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

The renovation at this hotel is amazing--kind of retro and fresh at the same time. I was there for work and had an awesome desk space, dependable wireless, and a great flat screen that was visible from either the sitting room side or the bed. The sitting area is a nice space--I could move the small coffee tables and spread out my yoga mat for good start to the morning. Breakfast is good, staff is friendly and helpful. Great microwave, coffeemaker, and fridge in room. I had the king suite but could see a small family staying in one with more than one bed. I am in Flagstaff a lot for work, and this is one of two hotels tied for the top spot on my list!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

We spent one night here on a cross country trek. The room was excellent and we all got a good night sleep. Close to lots of things in Flagstaff. Limited seating for the free breakfast in the morning was the only minor drawbrack. Would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

How would you like to stay in a room with the bathroom directly across from the end of the beds with a colored glass door. When someone uses the bathroom at night and turns the light on it lights up the room. I guess this didn't bother anyone but my wife and I because the other reviews look really good. This is supposed to be a suite but it had only one TV that swiveled so you could kind of see it from the sofa and the far queen bed. Come on guys... break down and put another TV in the rooms if you are going to call them suites. The staff is very courteous. The breakfast is typical but nice. The room is poorly designed... not what I would expect for what you have to pay to stay in Flagstaff during the summer. Kind of 1950's styling of the future. Very clean though.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

I stay here with my family during the 4th of July week. The staff was great and helpful. A special shout out to Heather who gave us great information on where to hike at the Grand Canyon, plus what sights to see in Sedona. The room was large and the free breakfast was very good. Good location in Flagstaff and value for the money

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family