“A very nice stay at a very nice hotel”

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Recently spent a day/evening in Flagstaff for work and stayed at this Marriott property. It was very modern, comfortable and all the front desk staff were very friendly. My room was just as nice as the rest of the hotel, bed was firm and also comfortable. Large breakfast area is just off the lobby and was a bit noisy however.

Location is also conveniently located very close to I17 and I40, and many fine restaurants. I would definitely stay here again the next time I’m in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Flagstaff

Reviewed 7 September 2012

Ok hotel, ok location, ok breakfast buffet. Rooms were comfortable for 2 people, but I could not see 4-5 people fitting into the room. Service was fine for a one-night stay, but I'm not sure if I would want to stay for a longer duration.

Conveniently located near highway exits, shopping, and restaurants. Comfy beds, good value for what you pay...

Reviewed 31 August 2012

So this was my 3rd hotel I checked into this night. (See my previous reviews of Ramada Inn on Lucky Lane and Executive Inn and Suites) It had been a long drive and a very trying ordeal just trying to find a nice place to stay for the night and get a good night's sleep before our visit to the Grand Canyon the next day. The front desk clerk was very courteous and horrified at my experience that night. He was more than willing to allow me to inspect the room before I marched my weary troops into a 3rd hotel room. I need not have worried!!
I have always liked the Marriott brand, and the SpringHill Suites are always so comfy. Their beds are just right and the many, many plush pillows in every bed is pure heaven after a long drive and hard night. My expectations were realized. The room was clean and extremely comfortable. I had a fabulous nights sleep; in a hotel that did not lose power and in a room that had no bed bugs!! My only wish is that their rates be a little cheaper, but I guess you get what you pay for. I tried to save a few bucks at Ramada but ended up in SpringHill.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Room was clean, beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. However, the room is not a true suite. The bed area is only separated from the couch area by half a wall. There is only one TV that is situated so if you turn it you can watch it either from the couch or the bed. There is no privacy in this room - the sliding door to the bathroom is clouded glass and still shows silhouettes. However, there is a changing area that is roomy for suitcases, etc. in one side of the bathroom.There is only one mirror - in the bathroom. The A/C was noisy and the half wall vibrated when A/C was on in our room or the one above us. The free breakfast was okay but the staff was rude about refilling things if it was even close to the end of the free breakfast. At 9:45 they really didn't want to bring out more waffle mix even though people had been waiting. They asked, "Do you know this closes at 10?" Overall it was average for the price, but if you are looking for a true suite, Embassy Suites is much better and well worth the extra cost. I guess I was disappointed since I expected more from Marriott.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Not a bad hotel. Nothing really stood out about it. Basic accommodations and not bad location to go to the Grand Canyon. I would have like to see a better breakfast service as most of the items were cold breakfast and the hot food was really basic like egg with cheese on it. Nothing really made me want to stay here again. We went to the pool one night it was not really clean. We found a band aid on one of the towels they provided. Ehhhh! Had some families who just let their kids play in the hallways outside our room.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I am a faithful Marriot Customer and often stay in SpringHill Suits. This one leaves something to be desired, Housekeeping services were a roll of the dice. Some days not enough towells; other days too many towells and no bathmat. Next day no bathmat; next day three bathmats. I had to clean my own toilet after the third day. Tissues were not replentished, even after leaving a note and setting the empty box out on the vanity (I finally had to go get them myself.). There are insufficient drawers for storing clothes. There are no utensils or china.

The staff was cordial and helpful. The breakfast was good. The location ws convenient.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2012

but I was dissappointed. I love the modern theme of the hotel. The amenities were quite nice, with the large closest - changing area off of the bathroom. We stayed here one night on the way to California so we could see the Grand Canyon. The hotel staff were all pleasent, and the breakfast was nice. The huge problem is that it was so dirty. The bolster pillows on the bed were grayed and dirty, and the shower looked a like it had dirt in the corner. There was a substance on the glass partition next to the bed that was gross, and the exercise room equipment was sticky dirty and it did not have any towels. It would not have been so bad, but the couple that we were with had problems with their rooms air conditioner and complained their room needed more cleaning. To top it all off I heard two separate people complain about the cleaniness as we were leaving the hotel. For the price of the hotel, the rooms should have been cleaner.

Don't visit during the busy season.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been cleaned well.
1  Thank Patti011_11