“Could be worse but”

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Technically it could always be worse but I definitely will not be staying here again. It seems great at first glance, but don't let it fool you, its anything but. The whole bathroom was dirty. Shower had hair and dirt in it. The toilet was definitely not clean which was obvious by just looking at the bowl, but it also smelled like it had urine sitting in it for a month. No exaggeration. The whole room was clearly just "lightly and quickly gone over". No real cleaning took place in what seems like a long time. The curtains had large stains on them. The walls were all marked up. The side of the box spring part of the bed that is visible had several good sized brown (blood?) looking stains on them. My favorite part though is that the information binder in the room had food and boogers (not joking) smeared on the pages. I was looking for the channel guide which turned out to have the wrong information on it anyway. Very disappointing experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank travelluvv

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I guess everyone deserves a second chance. I frequently travel to Flagstaff on business, and stopped in without a reservation a few weeks ago. Though they had rooms available, they couldn't accomodate my 4night stay. The desk clerk made no effort at all to try to get me to stay for the 3 nights that they did have open, and made no effort to try to either accomodate me or help me find another Marriott product, so I stayed elsewhere. This time, though, I made a 4 night reservation and a different desk clerk treated me with a very professional attitude, a nice contrast to my initial experience.

The hotel has easy access, easy parking, a great lobby and a surprisingly upscale appearance. My king room was very clean, comfortable and had great decor. I was very surprised, frankly, that it was as nice as it was. Very nice, great rates, perfect location, professional staff, great value. I will definitely stay here again.

Well done, SpringHill Suites! But train that other clerk with some advanced customer service training:)

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank aztoHI
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The decor throughout is modern and colorful - if you are looking for lodging with a southwestern or lodge feel, look elsewhere. For us, it was a welcome change to many of the other offerings in the region. They do not cover floors, walls and upholstery with dark colors, wood panels and crazy patterns or give you dim lighting to attempt to hide dirt. The furnishing and light fixtures are not tired or cliche.

Our room was clean and spacious and organized differently than most hotel rooms. Specifically, they devote more space to 'living area' so you can spend your waking hours on one side of the room and your sleeping hours on the other. Also, the large walk-in closet area was accessible from inside the bathroom, which made a lot of sense. Sliding interior doors also added to the spaciousness.

The desk was ample to actually get some work done, and the free wifi was fast and user-friendly (at least from our room on the 3rd floor). No need to go to the lobby to work!

The location could not be closer to NAU and there are several other conveniences (chain stores, dining options) also within walking distance.

Noise from within the room was not too bad; we didn't hear people above or below or in neighboring rooms. We could hear some traffic noises - only louder vehicles really. No trains or planes or freeway traffic.

There is an MP3 docking clock/music player in every room, which was nice, but the time on ours was 8 minutes fast and for the life of us, we couldn't figure out how to change it. We had no trouble hooking up our MP3 though. The Phillps TV had a broad selection of channels and good quality picture. There is a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in every room. The refrigerator is nice and deep, unlike many others you find in hotel rooms; we fit a lot of stuff inside. The microwave was on the small side, but big enough for popcorn.

The bathroom fixtures were American Standard and the countertops were Corian. The shower was a walk-in with a clear glass door (no bathtub). Modern tiles were used throughout and the look was clean and spacious. No lotion was provided, which was odd... I stopped packing lotion years ago because every hotel provides it (or so I thought). I had a hard time finding a full-length mirror or one I could get close to without leaning over the countertop (I'm nearsighted), and I didn't realize that the sliding door between the closet and bathroom was a mirror until day 2.

Ice cold lemon water and hot chocolate were available 24-7 from the very large lobby/lounge area. Breakfast was average - help yourself to a variety of breads, muffins, cereals, fruits, beverages, yogurt, oatmeal with several toppings, make your own waffles, sausage and egg patties, etc... Nothing was full-service or made-to-order, but it was all good (and included with the cost of the room). Again, the lounge/lobby area is spacious and you don't feel cramped while getting your food or finding a place to sit.

There was an indoor pool, exercise room and business center, but we did not use any of them. Parking was free and seemed quite safe and convenient to the building.

We didn't ask the front desk staff for any information, but I heard other guests ask questions and they were given very detailed descriptions/directions/advice about whatever they were looking for in the area. Very helpful! Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Wal-Mart has their parking lot cleaned by the noisiest machine EVER at 5AM on Sunday morning, so ask...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ciel_M
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Fwy close, able to walk to a lot of good resturants. Rooms are really good size, best shower in 12 day trip. Very nice staff. Very clean and breakfast was much better than most. Walmart is also across the street with market.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

travelling with my mom & we were VERY pleasantly surprised with this hotel. there's a space to keep luggage/clothing away from the main area which makes the room very airy. it was super quiet so we got the best night sleep we have gotten in our travels. the breakfast was very comprehensive (scrambled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, cereal, juice, bagels, etc) and the lady helping with breakfast was really nice, helpful, and welcoming. front desk was great with helpful recommendations. i love this place; i'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Recently spent a day/evening in Flagstaff for work and stayed at this Marriott property. It was very modern, comfortable and all the front desk staff were very friendly. My room was just as nice as the rest of the hotel, bed was firm and also comfortable. Large breakfast area is just off the lobby and was a bit noisy however.

Location is also conveniently located very close to I17 and I40, and many fine restaurants. I would definitely stay here again the next time I’m in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Ok hotel, ok location, ok breakfast buffet. Rooms were comfortable for 2 people, but I could not see 4-5 people fitting into the room. Service was fine for a one-night stay, but I'm not sure if I would want to stay for a longer duration.

Conveniently located near highway exits, shopping, and restaurants. Comfy beds, good value for what you pay...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family