I stayed here in October of 2012 and was unimpressed. But, I just stayed again and it seems the hotel has improved a LOT. My room was much better than before. The hotel was a tad pricey for my taste, but it was the going rate for Flagstaff at this time of year (I shopped around).
These are nice suites. The layout is excellent. I especially LOVE the bathroom. It is really 3 rooms; the vanity, a HUGE closet, and the tub/toilet. There is a big door that closes the area off from the rest of the suite - very nice design for privacy. I also LOVE it that that area is tiled, not carpeted (the rest of the suite is carpeted). There is a separate living room with a work desk and a frig and microwave off to the side. The suite was very clean and fresh. The bed was so-so, but better than what I remember from before; it was clean, that's all I care about.
The location is very convenient to the Interstate and there is a Walmart within walking distance to the hotel. There are a lot of shops down the street, and downtown Flagstaff is about a 10 minute drive.
The lobby of this hotel is BEAUTIFUL - very modern and there's lots of light. The breakfast area is nice, and breakfast (good!) is complimentary. Wifi and parking are also free.
NOW, what makes this a 5-star for me -- They seem to be a "green" hotel. There are recycling bins, and in the suite, there are REAL glass glasses, and real glass mugs for your coffee. There are no plastic or stryofoam cups in the room. I LOVE THAT. I have been travelling a lot the past month and definitely have a hard time finding hotels that are green. I did notice they use plastic plates and utensils in the breakfast – but, still, baby steps towards recycling – that’s a great effort.
I will definitely stay here again when I am in Flagstaff. The staff is super-nice and it's a good place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located at the crossroads of I-17 and I-40, the hotel is steps away from many restaurants and shopping areas. Relax around the swimming pool or soak up the magnificent views of the San Francisco Peaks. Whether traveling on business or pleasure our hotel is just minutes away from local restaurants, shopping and historic downtown Flagstaff.In addition to our centralized location and our dedicated staff, you will appreciate our spacious studio suites with either a king bed or two queen beds. Additional amenities include: sofa bed, mini-fridge, microwave, in-room coffee service, a large well-lit desk, daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet, 24 hour fitness room, complimentary internet access, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your SpringHill Suites Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- SpringHill Suites Flagstaff North America