“SECOND TIME HERE”

SpringHill Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here in October of 2012 and was unimpressed. But, I just stayed again and it seems the hotel has improved a LOT. My room was much better than before. The hotel was a tad pricey for my taste, but it was the going rate for Flagstaff at this time of year (I shopped around).

These are nice suites. The layout is excellent. I especially LOVE the bathroom. It is really 3 rooms; the vanity, a HUGE closet, and the tub/toilet. There is a big door that closes the area off from the rest of the suite - very nice design for privacy. I also LOVE it that that area is tiled, not carpeted (the rest of the suite is carpeted). There is a separate living room with a work desk and a frig and microwave off to the side. The suite was very clean and fresh. The bed was so-so, but better than what I remember from before; it was clean, that's all I care about.

The location is very convenient to the Interstate and there is a Walmart within walking distance to the hotel. There are a lot of shops down the street, and downtown Flagstaff is about a 10 minute drive.

The lobby of this hotel is BEAUTIFUL - very modern and there's lots of light. The breakfast area is nice, and breakfast (good!) is complimentary. Wifi and parking are also free.

NOW, what makes this a 5-star for me -- They seem to be a "green" hotel. There are recycling bins, and in the suite, there are REAL glass glasses, and real glass mugs for your coffee. There are no plastic or stryofoam cups in the room. I LOVE THAT. I have been travelling a lot the past month and definitely have a hard time finding hotels that are green. I did notice they use plastic plates and utensils in the breakfast – but, still, baby steps towards recycling – that’s a great effort.
I will definitely stay here again when I am in Flagstaff. The staff is super-nice and it's a good place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tczig
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are making a proactive approach to making our hotel more green and appreciate that you take notice to our efforts! We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Northern Arizona!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We originally booked with another hotel (Embassy), from which we were bumped! When checking in we were unhappy and tired….Rachel at the front desk checked us in early and said she would "win us over and next time we would book Marriott" She was true to her word!! Unbelievable customer service and truly made us feel at home!! Melissa, the breakfast attendant,
gave me great information on Flagstaff and was Cheerful and VERY helpful. Before leaving the hotel, Rachel printed out a schedule for NAU (we were there for orientation for my daughter) and helped me book THREE future dates that we will be staying at SpringHill Suites!!! You have a new fan, I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MonicaCrockett

Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Flagstaff! We are so pleased that Rachel made your stay so enjoyable that you made future reservations! We look forward to welcoming you back on your trips to vist your daughter at NAU!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Even though this hotel is not in the middle of the Historic Downtown, it is close to good restaurants and shopping and close to the interstate highways. The staff there is very friendly. The complimentary breakfast is good. The price is very reasonable and the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce J
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to northern Arizona!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We arrived about 5:15 PM there was only one person working at the check-in desk. It took about 15 minutes to check-in. At the busy time of the day you would think there would be more help. The setting for the hotel was very nice with trees all around the hotel. The room was nice and the setup was good. Did have some road noise for the highway. The breakfast was very good and there was plenty of seating. The breakfast staff did a good job of keeping the food bar stocked. It was busy. Overall the hotel was nice except for the check-in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank steve5074

Thank you for your review on your recent stay in Flagstaff! We have addressed your concern regarding check in and are pleased that the remainder of your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future trip to Northern Arizona!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I loved the room layout and design. Very modern and actually has a comfortable couch. The mini fridge area is turned into a mini bar with a microwave which is pretty convenient. The hotel is in a prefect location. I loved this town, it is so adorable and the people are very nice. They are pet friendly which is a plus.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luvdias
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again on a future trip to Northern Arizona!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was very nice -- room was clean and we were greeted with a bottle of water upon check-in due to our Marriott rewards status. Very typical SpringHill Suites property decor, except this time the bathroom setup was more functional (we've seen at other properties where the shower/sink was separated from the toilet, and it was very weird).

My one complaint isn't much of a complaint -- breakfast was just extremely busy in the morning and it was like a free-for-all when food would actually arrive. The poor kitchen staff couldn't keep up with the amount of people.

All in all, nice property and nice staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Gina L, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us! We truly value our Marriott Rewards members and are glad that you appreciated your bottled water at check in! We look forward to welcoming you back on a furture trip!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a relatively new hotel with a friendly front desk staff. The room was nice with living room, desk, microwave, and small refrigerator. However, we found a number of little surprises during our stay: There wasn't any lotion so we asked for some at the front desk as we went by on our way to dinner. Late at night my wife was ready to take a shower and there weren't any wash clothes. I called downstairs and asked for some. They sent up towels but no wash clothes. When my wife stepped into the shower she found long black hair all over the walls and floor of the shower. It was obvious the shower hadn't been cleaned after the last guests checked out. The next morning I made coffee in the room and found coffee stains all over the coffee bags. I also found the two plastic bags of coffee creamer, sugar, and stir sticks were both open and partially used. It was obvious that the coffee area had not been properly serviced by housekeeping after the last guests checked out. It made us wonder if the housekeeping staff had done anything ! Marriott should be ashamed that this hotel carries their name. It's obvious that the housekeeping staff needs to be retrained. The housekeeping quality control person and supervisor should be fired for allowing this to happen. They're responsible for their staff and they are supposed to do a quality check on every room after it is serviced. I gave a verbal report to the front desk staff as we left. I want to warn anyone that is reading this review to inspect their room before unpacking to make sure it was actually cleaned. One other observation. The bathroom door is a slider with obscured glass that lets the light shine through onto the bed. It was impossible for me to sleep in while my wife was getting ready in the bathroom. The bathroom light shines right into my face. That's a poor design for a newer hotel.

Room Tip: Inspect the room before you unpack to make sure it was properly cleaned and stocked.